Xiaomi Mijia G1 'insufficient water'

luciluci

Members
Jun 9, 2022
Hello all,

after two years of usage my Xiaomi Mijia G1 vacuum mop robot does not mop the floor anymore. As the robot starts vacuum after few seconds I always got a voice message saying 'insufficient water, please refill the water tank' although the water tank is full.

With a stick I tickled the valve of the water tank and water is getting out normally.

I tried to reset to factory settings the robot but no success. Clearing the cache and uninstalling did not help neither. Mobile app and firmware are updated to the latest version.

Should I try cleaning the pipelines using some compressed air? Any other suggestions to solve this issue?

Thanks.

I recently found a related video on this issue.
Trying this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
in the afternoon. Hopefully it would help!

I had the same problem after 2 months of not using the vacuum (while tank being filled with water). When tried to reuse it, orange warning light was flashing the the known announcement was heard. The disassembly procedure seemed tedious and was reluctant to follow it. Here is what I did and worked in my case. I got a silicon hose with a diameter a bit larger than the water output hole. I pressed down the one end of the hose to the water input of the vacuum and with a mouthful of water, I "blown" the water into the vacuum water input. After that I reinstalled the water tank and worked normally!
IMG_20230219_125123.jpg

I had the same problem after 2 months of not using the vacuum (while tank being filled with water). When tried to reuse it, orange warning light was flashing the the known announcement was heard. The disassembly procedure seemed tedious and was reluctant to follow it. Here is what I did and worked in my case. I got a silicon hose with a diameter a bit larger than the water output hole. I pressed down the one end of the hose to the water input of the vacuum and with a mouthful of water, I "blown" the water into the vacuum water input. After that I reinstalled the water tank and worked normally!View attachment 46406
Question, when you blown the water in the hose, the water came out in the mop side?