Xiaomi mini wifi router issue

gerwy_

Members
Apr 16, 2014
Hi guys,

Been having issues getting the mini router to work on my pc and was hoping that anyone here knows what to do about it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've installed the driver miwifi_setup_1.0.175, plugged in the device (even without firewall on) and had my internet cable connected to my PC.
The program detects that there is something plugged in and wants to make the network, but gives an error message that's unable to create the wifi network. You can see the steps in the program in attachment.
messages from router.jpg

I've contacted the place i bought it at: ibuygou.com, but all they do is tell me stuff i already know (install driver, check firewall etc.) For some reason they say the error says something about the firewall, even though that's not the case.
Finally they said to go ask here on the forum...

If anyone think they know what the problem might be, please help!!! Thanks!

Hi ingbrzy and thanks for you help. I managed to get the software to connect with the router and change settings etc.
However, when connecting devices (tried Mi2s, Nexus7) they got stuck on 'obtaining IP address' (after the authenticating) and just repeated the twoo stages; authenticating and obtaining IP, but without making a connection eventually.
Any thoughts?

I must be too late to this party.
Have you solve it?

It the problem is related to the obtaining IP process, your router must be having problems attributing IP addresses to the items.
It must be related to the DHCP.

Tell me about your set up at your home.
What internet connection do you have: Fiber or ADSL?
Do you have your router connected straight to the ONT (Optical Network Terminal) ?
Do you have your router as a bridge over to other router or it is the main and only router?

i have issue that wifi mini cannot be ping. there is no wifi signal and all the time is yellow light on. it's not possible to load safe mode ( blinking yellow light) i hope that router is bricked. i try with miwifi repair tool but it's on Chinese and can't understand so no success. can someone support to get router back alive ? thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

i have issue that wifi mini cannot be ping. there is no wifi signal and all the time is yellow light on. it's not possible to load safe mode ( blinking yellow light) i hope that router is bricked. i try with miwifi repair tool but it's on Chinese and can't understand so no success. can someone support to get router back alive ? thanks in advance
Have you tried to use the USB repair?

If so, you can use the Mi WiFi Repair Tool.
Despite it being in Chinese, you use the Google Translate application on your phone, and point the camera to your computer screen, in order to translate each step of the process.

Good luck!

Have you tried to use the USB repair?

If so, you can use the Mi WiFi Repair Tool.
Despite it being in Chinese, you use the Google Translate application on your phone, and point the camera to your computer screen, in order to translate each step of the process.

Good luck!
usb repair doesn't help. because yellow light won't start blinking. :(

usb repair doesn't help. because yellow light won't start blinking. :(
Try the Mi WiFi Repair Tool, and use the Google Translate app (translating from Chinese to English, or to your native language) to help you through the process.

device lighting yellow all the time, and software doesn't start flashing

To be honest, I am not able to help you further.
Because, my devices always got "unbricked" through the USB method.

Maybe, you can find better instructions on how to unbrick your device in OpenWRT Wiki.
They usually have good tutorials.

See here.

Be aware that you are on your own, and you will need to research a lot in order to understand each step, and each method.
Good luck, and have fun!