Xiaomi Xiaomi Red Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu Project Leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
Hi everyone..!

As you noticed, Xiaomi today released new product - Xiaomi Red Rice..

Here are some specs:
Basic Parameters
Call : Dual mic for noise reductionCPU : 1.5GHz, Quad core, MTK6589T
GPU : Imagination PowerVR SGX544

Screen
Resolution : 1280 * 720
4.7 Inch, IPS capacitive touchscreen

Storage
Ram : 1GB
Rom : 4GB
Expandable storage : Support up to 32GB max

Network
WIFI : WIFI DirectGPS : GPS +AGPS
Bluetooth : BT4.0 LE + BT3.0HS
Network type : Dual sim card dual standby
Date Service : GSM/GPRS/EDGE/TD-SCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA
Network Frequency : GSM 900/1800/1900 ; TD-SCDMA 1900/2100

Battery
Capacity : 2000mAh replaceable Lithium polymer battery

Camera
Camera : Front 1.3MP, Rear 8.0MP, Backside illuminated sensor
LED Flashlight, F2.2, Support Zero shutter lag, face recognition,HDR, real time filter
Video recording : Front camera supports (1280 * 720) 720P HD, Rear camera supports (1920 *1080) 1080P HD video recording

Multi-media Player
FM Radio : Yes, support
Adobe flash player : Yes, support
Picture play : Support JPEG,PNG,GIF,BMP etcVideo play : Support 1080P, mp4,h.263,h.264,rmvb,flv720P
Realplayer : Support MP3,acc,amr,ogg,m4a,mid,wma,flac,ape,aac,wav etc

Sensors
G-sensor : Yes
P-sensor : Yes
Gyroscope : Yes
E-compass : YesLight sensor : Yes

155111bq5b22sst588di5z.jpg

155114ec4x4xxbnc2jjhcc.jpg

145759m12281a4jj98xqo4.jpg

20137311857592665637.jpg

PREORDERS are now OPEN on our OFFICIAL partner ibuygou.com for 189.- USD

Reactions: Avie Vhora and Pele
ok guys but someone have noticed the theme isn't the usually for xiaomi device? I think is a miui v5.1 or similar :D

Good specs @ low price, but....
no such good news for European users, I guess this:
Network Frequency : GSM 900/1800/1900 ; TD-SCDMA 1900/2100
means that European networks can support only one sim card and not even on 3G networks! :confused:

Ehh... MediaTek is known to have incredibly ****** GPS, atleast from my own experiences and what i have read on the internet.

pretty limited in the 3G bands at least, could be a game changer on emergent markets if connectivity its improved on that aspects by adding more bands and expanding to those markets....

at 130 this could kill galaxy Y and some other zte and huawei lowend phones.... its the best lowend device

Reactions: milosn68
Without WCDMA this is DOA for international customers, shame really as it looks decent. I own a mediatek phone and the GPS doesn't work, tried all fixes.

MediaTek GPS sucks. It takes almost an hour to lock, and if your locked and being under overpass for about 2-3min, the satellite signal become lost. And you have to wait for it to lock again.

I repeat - MEDIATEK GPS SUCKS! BAD!

Its a 150$ USD phone. That should explain the quality you should expect.

There is a reason phones unlocked are 600-800 USD in the first place. Its a cheap budget phone for Chinese people.

the price its great there no doubt for 130 dollars you get a decent android smartphone, i bet that this phone its better and faster than my mi-1 which i still use and dont want to change, I bet it blows galaxy y, LG L3 and other android phones of that price range.

They even cut into nokia asha, blackberry, and lowend nokia lumia phones

the price is amazing for what you got with this phone! And we got a clue to the release of MIUI v5 base on android 4.2!

Says android 4.2 support.

The mi2s is still on 4.1.1. Hope it gets 4.3 at some point.

3G is not important to me but does this phone work in Norway at all?
I am thinking of buying this one to my daughter and she wont be needing 3G as long as she can call and text.

3G is not important to me but does this phone work in Norway at all?
I am thinking of buying this one to my daughter and she wont be needing 3G as long as she can call and text.

The phone will work normally on GSM 900/1800/1900 though without the possibility of 3G.
Stating that the phone is DOA would be stretching it in my oppinion.
Preordered one!

nice disgen ..good idea make midrange smartphone ..I think it is good step from xiome but why dont make smartphone for everybody around earth can use it !!!!!

and I wait to see the powerfull smartphone from xiome !

Any news if 3G works in europe if it does im going to order 3 at once but i cant find anything about it, tought this would have been know by now :)

Some say that Xiaomi will sell WCDMA version for China Telecom.

Wysłane z Xiaomi MI 2

Status
Not open for further replies.