Xiaomi Redmi Note - Brick and Drivers Issue

FN463

Members
Jul 18, 2014
Hello everyone.

The story
I bought a Redmi Note one week ago and two days ago I shut down the device. I tried to power on but it stuck in the "MI" logo. The logo is white, it becomes yellow and it stays there. I cannot enter menu or no field to put on my PIN password appear.

I tried to enter the recovery menu, so i pressed simultaneously power+volume +. I entered a menu with three options: recovery mode, fastboot mode, normal mode. I put the cursor on the recovery mode with Vol+ button, and I tried to select this option with Vol- button. Nothing happens, the cursor is moving but it is not able to select a choice.

So, I tried to follow these steps ( http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/sp-flash-tool-guide-unbrick-your-device.24488/) with the guidance of an assistant from the online shop that I bought the phone. I downloaded the ROM as .zip file. I decompressed it and I opened the flash tool. I click on scatter loading and I select Android Scatter txt. I change the option to Firmware Upgrade (i tried with Download Only, too). I connected the phone with my computer with a usb cable. The computer does not identify the phone. So I need the drivers...

I downloaded some drivers that the online assistant gave me but when I tried to instal them error appears.
I also tried to install the driver that the above link suggests (PdAnet ), but the installation stops (something about usb debugging , i do not understand). I tried all these with computers with Windows XP, Vista and 8.
I have not computer with Windows 7, but the online assistant told me that they found drivers only for Windows 7, so I have to find a computer with Windows 7.

And some questions
  1. So, my Redmi Note is useless? Can it be fixed? If it can be fixed, I can do it or I should send back to China and wait for about 2 months? :(
  2. What do you suggest?
  3. Is any other process that I can follow?
  4. Do you have/know/provide me a link with drivers for Redmi Note for Windows Vista or XP?
  5. Or there are drivers only for Windows 7? If there are only for Win7, could you give a link?

Please help,
Thank you in advance

R u sure ur device is not a fake? Coz most of us have a fake redmi note and we r struggling to either get the ROM or to connect the device to PC.

I bought it from vickmall.com
The first day I had it i checked IMEI and was verified
I checked Serial number and gave me error.
When I removed the white plastic cover there is an orange MI mark in the up and left corner of the device. I dont know if this is something, maybe it's nothing. I remember i checked cpuz: good results, and antutu: 26 thousand something result

But the thing is that on the first day I succeeded to connect the phone with my Windows Vista computer. I connected the phone to the pc, and the phone was identified. Its icon appeared as well. This is how I put my phone wallpaper, I downloaded to the pc and with usb cable I clicked on the phone's icon and I pasted it there.
But two days now, I am trying to connect the phone and it disconnects. And the drivers I was given can not be installed (I tried in Vista, XP, 8 ..not in 7).

I tried to follow the flash tool procedure and when i connect the phone it immediately disconnects. I connect it and quickly I click Download and it says "bla bla bla too early". So I do the same but not quickly (which means the disconnection sound appears), and when I click Download the display becomes a little bit blur and nothing happens. No red bar, no yellow bar.. I did by leaving only Androing+Cache. I did it by leaving only Android. I did it with both options "Download Only" and "Firmware Upgrade". The same thing, little blur, no red or yellow bar.

Last edited: