Xiaomi SIM Activation SOLVED?

JorgeDamien

Members
Apr 10, 2020
Hi,
I can't activate sim card to use message and call history sync service of MiCloud.
The SIM activation process fails constantly... I tried all the options I find out there but none seems to make it work. I can send sms without problems even international one's I tried with two different countries with success, so doesn't seem to be a carrier restriction.discord

I attached a logcat to see if anyone could help me.
What I could see from the log are the numbers where it tries to send the activation sms, and I tried to send a sms manually to that numbers and the fail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I had the same problem and it's a carrier restriction. Your carrier it's blocking the activation numbers.

Enable mobile data and finish the activation. After that just disable mobile data.
This little tric did it for me...

Is there a way to disable the sending of the activation sms?
In my case they send it and they charge me for it, but it does nothing and it is at all times.
Excuse my English, I'm using a translator

Is there a way to disable the sending of the activation sms?
In my case they send it and they charge me for it, but it does nothing and it is at all times.
Excuse my English, I'm using a translator
I think so. Just go to Settings, Apps, Manage Apps and enable system apps (3 dots in the upper right corner). Search for "Xiaomi SIM activation service). Select it and disable "Notifications".

Reactions: Gato177
I think so. Just go to Settings, Apps, Manage Apps and enable system apps (3 dots in the upper right corner). Search for "Xiaomi SIM activation service). Select it and disable "Notifications".

Thanks. I hope it works, in MIUI 12 if the permission can be removed, but in MIUI 12.5 the permission cannot be revoked.