Xiaomi Smart speaker Lite - unable to connect to Airplay.

Hellodelu

Members
Jul 12, 2023
Hello everyone,

I just received this little HP speaker that seemed perfect for the price because it's compatible with Apple Airplay.

However, after setting it up in the Xiaomi Home app without any issues, I'm unable to connect it to my iPhone, Mac, or iPad via Airplay. I keep getting an error message saying "Unable to connect to Xiaomi Speaker 2231" on my iPhone (running the latest iOS 13) and the attached message on my MacBook Pro M1 (running the latest macOS).

If you could help me out, I would appreciate it. I have tried resetting it multiple times, restarting everything multiple times, and so on... but I'm not sure what else to do. It works with Alexa or Bluetooth, but I want to use Airplay.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hello everyone,

I just received this little HP speaker that seemed perfect for the price because it's compatible with Apple Airplay.

However, after setting it up in the Xiaomi Home app without any issues, I'm unable to connect it to my iPhone, Mac, or iPad via Airplay. I keep getting an error message saying "Unable to connect to Xiaomi Speaker 2231" on my iPhone (running the latest iOS 13) and the attached message on my MacBook Pro M1 (running the latest macOS).

If you could help me out, I would appreciate it. I have tried resetting it multiple times, restarting everything multiple times, and so on... but I'm not sure what else to do. It works with Alexa or Bluetooth, but I want to use Airplay.

Hello,

I have the same problem. I get the same error trying to connect from my Mac, iPhone or iPad.
Let's see if we have luck and someone can find the solution.

Thank you very much.

I've had some help on another Xiaomi forum, but it does not work :

1. Check if all your devices (iPhone, Mac, iPad, Xiaomi Smart Speaker) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
  2. Ensure that your Xiaomi Smart Speaker Lite has the latest firmware version. You can check this in the Xiaomi Home app.
  3. Try restarting your Wi-Fi router to ensure it is functioning properly.
  4. Try reinstalling the Xiaomi Home app on your iPhone to see if it resolves the issue.

It doesn't work for me either
On the other forum, have you found anyone who does get the speakerphone to work with Airplay?
I'm asking to know if it's a Xiaomi bug and maybe it will be fixed with an update or if it's due to our configuration.

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem and I can't find a solution :(

• Angry
Reactions: Rafa Loom