Xiaomi Toolkit- PC suite for Xiaomi mi2(s) and mi3

linuxx

Members
Jul 6, 2013
Xiaomi Tool

XiaomiTool is an OpenSource project that has the goal to create a safe, fast and noob-friendly interface to manage your Xiaomi Device.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Supported Device status
MTK devices aren't / won't be supported

Xiaomi Mi1(puls) : Not supported
Xiaomi Mi2(s) : Fully supported
Xiaomi Mi2A : Support coming soon
Xiaomi Mi3W : Fully supported
Xiaomi Mi4W : Fully supported
Xiaomi Red Rice : Not supported
Xiaomi RedMi 1S : Fully supported
Xiaomi RedMi Note W : Not supported
Xiaomi RedMi Note LTE : May be supported
Xiaomi MiPad : May be supported

Features
GUI (linux and windows)
Backup & Restore
Import Photos
Root
Install apps
Adb Shell
Push and Pull files
Switch to Dalvik
Switch to ART
Record Screen
Install a custom Recovery
Wipe data
Flash Zip files
Install custom recovery

Requirements
Windows: Adb and Fastboot (placed on %PATH%)
Unix / Linux: Adb and Fastboot, need to execute some commands with SUDO, so an user-password is needed, do not execute as root

Downloads

Installation
Windows
  1. Download the Zip file
  2. Extract the folder
  3. Make sure ADB and Fastboot are working well on your device and they're both on a %PATH% (C:WindowsSystem32 for example) folder
  4. Run XiaomiTool.exe and enjoy

Linux
  1. Download the zip file
  2. Extract everything in a folder
  3. chmod +x XiaomiTool or run sh XiaomiTool (The one on the main dir)
  4. Insert your password when asked (see here why it's needed)

Unix
  1. Download the zip file
  2. Extract the folder
  3. chmod +x Start.sh
  4. Execute Start ( ./Start.sh )
  5. >> If something goes wrong make sure you can execute adb and fastboot without root access, if not run sudo ./Start

Which one should I choose?
> Windows : it works on all windows-powered Pcs and on Wine, it only needs adb and fastboot
> Linux : if you're running a debian-based distro
> Unix : (mac) os X, *bsd and it may also be good on other linux distros where the linux one does not work (well)

Links

Last edited:
Looks very nice bro...
What advantage does it have over the CWM recovery installer ?
Can we have a detailed porting guide for Mi2/2S with other beautiful Third Party ROMs available out there ? ( Like LeWa OS5 ? )
Waiting for the reply from experts !!!

Looks very nice bro...
Can we have a detailed porting guide for Mi2/2S with other beautiful Third Party ROMs available out there ? ( Like LeWa OS5 ? )
Read the topic about the cwm

I'm adding the camera photo and music sync too!

For now I build it working on Paranoid and Cyanogenmod
I'll add the option to flash a ROM downloaded from internet

Inviato dal mio MI 2(s) usando Tapatalk 4

Looks very nice bro...
Sorry I didn't understand well
This use the adb and fastboot interface, so it's easier, you don't need to reboot recovery, apply to both system ecc.
With this with 3 clicks it will install the clockworkmod recovery

These are my planes for the first release.
I have to do a installer for custom selected ROM and a installer for itself
a4ahubaj.jpg

Reactions: Chemicalbuz
Beta 1 is finished, what is working?
-recovery installer
-pa and cm installer
-music and photo sync
-custom ROM installer
-root, fastboot and adb tester

Last edited:
Can we ask any developer here to build a ROM Kitchen so that users with decent knowledge of playing around tweaking different ROMs can customise which base & which components they want in their Phone ?
It is a request... if possible for the sake of all of us, help us.
I am quite bored of seeing MIUI only for my Mi2S 32GB... while the rest of phones enjoy multiple custom ROMs.... that too they have different variety !!!
I envy them .... Even MIUI is getting ported to Jiayu G3.... why can't we ( Mi2/2S users) have choices ???

Can we ask any developer here to build a ROM Kitchen so that users with decent knowledge of playing around tweaking different ROMs can customise which base & which components they want in their Phone ?
It is a request... if possible for the sake of all of us, help us.
I am quite bored of seeing MIUI only for my Mi2S 32GB... while the rest of phones enjoy multiple custom ROMs.... that too they have different variety !!!
I envy them .... Even MIUI is getting ported to Jiayu G3.... why can't we ( Mi2/2S users) have choices ???
With This Tool you will able to install your favourite rom With 3 clicks on pc and 4 on Phone (count)

For the Beta 2 I'll include a option that allow to install any mod on your rom
You need only to place your file in a folder, rename it rom.zip and the tool will flash this.
A rom Kitchen Is impossible, because each rom have a different build method and need some changes by dev.

Reactions: manohar
Link added, Uploading pa and cm rom
Uploaded Yet: Installer, recovery, Toolkit

Dude this looks awesome. Can't wait for an adb solution for Linux users.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

Hi linuxx, is it supposed to stay on < waiting on device > for a long time? I can't tell if it's doing anything or if it can't find my device!

You must install adb

I have ADB but I'm on mac and I have no idea where to get a driver to actually recognize the phone. Do you know? I saw that you were on Ubuntu...

Edit: nevermind, Ubuntu in a VM actually worked... on the mac... I'm not going to question it.

Last edited:
I have ADB but I'm on mac and I have no idea where to get a driver to actually recognize the phone. Do you know? I saw that you were on Ubuntu...

Edit: nevermind, Ubuntu in a VM actually worked... on the mac... I'm not going to question it.
If you use a shell to start adb on Mac, does it find your device?

If you use a shell to start adb on Mac, does it find your device?

No, but I actually don't think a proper driver exists. I've done some searching and it seems like only Linux and Windows work. Xiaomi has you use a silly Android Transfer program and that's the only thing that can see the phone.

No, but I actually don't think a proper driver exists. I've done some searching and it seems like only Linux and Windows work. Xiaomi has you use a silly Android Transfer program and that's the only thing that can see the phone.
Google about adb for mac, i have use it one time on a mac, but i don't remember.... Now i'm not at home so, I can't Google this for u.... :(

Try adding your vendor id to your adb_USB.ini file and reboot.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 4

Reactions: linuxx