Xiaomi Vacuum Cleaner Robot - Over Small Ramps?

mikemike

Members
Jul 6, 2017
Hello all,

I am really interested in the "xiaomi vacuum cleaner robot" - but there is a small problem remaining.

The hallway in my appartement which connects the different rooms together is about 3 - 4 centimeters higher then the wooden floor of the other rooms, which means its impossible for the vacuum robot to clim over it i guess. (Please see attached screenshot).
11.jpg

I am thinking of building a small "ramp", so the robot can glide over it without having to climb the gap.

My question here: Is this even possible? If so, is there a specific angle the ramp should have, or does the robot recognize it as a obstacle or even a wall?

If someone has different experiences or an input, any help would be so much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance and best cheers,

Mike

Reactions: MarkHUK
Hello all,

I am really interested in the "xiaomi vacuum cleaner robot" - but there is a small problem remaining.

The hallway in my appartement which connects the different rooms together is about 3 - 4 centimeters higher then the wooden floor of the other rooms, which means its impossible for the vacuum robot to clim over it i guess. (Please see attached screenshot).
View attachment 16280

I am thinking of building a small "ramp", so the robot can glide over it without having to climb the gap.

My question here: Is this even possible? If so, is there a specific angle the ramp should have, or does the robot recognize it as a obstacle or even a wall?

If someone has different experiences or an input, any help would be so much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance and best cheers,

Mike
I think a ramp is your only option. As long as the bottom of the ramp is level to the floor the robot will be able to go up the ramp with no issue. I wouldn't make it too steep of an incline.

As far as those door stays, the height is too much, had it been half that height it would of went over it without the need for a ramp.

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Yep 3 - 4 cm is just too much, thats what i thought as well.

I was more concerned the robot wouldn't go over a ramp, because of its angle. I was thinking maybe some (gyro)-sensor would stop the robot and give an error due the machine wouldn't be horizontally leveled.

But as you were saying, there is nothing to worry about this?

Thanks again!

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Yep 3 - 4 cm is just too much, thats what i thought as well.

I was more concerned the robot wouldn't go over a ramp, because of its angle. I was thinking maybe some (gyro)-sensor would stop the robot and give an error due the machine wouldn't be horizontally leveled.

But as you were saying, there is nothing to worry about this?

Thanks again!
As long as the ramp is not steep i think you should be fine. I have smaller door stays in my home and it can scale them with little issues, however those are only like 1mm height gaps from the floor level

I think this video is very interesting to you. Looks at 4 minutes and 15 seconds.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Inviato dal mio MI PAD utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Kevin Flot
I think this video is very interesting to you. Looks at 4 minutes and 15 seconds.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Inviato dal mio MI PAD utilizzando Tapatalk
The only reason it stopped at the top of the ramp was because there was nothing at the other side for it to move to :)