Xposed makes the system slower?

llision

Members
Feb 25, 2014
I made a fresh flash for sMIUI 5.1.16 today, and, after activated the xposed frame, i noticed the lag. For example, it takes a few seconds to load the gmail app after your touching of the gmail icon. But without xposed, it just loads smoothly. I've done such tests several times.

Now i am running my mi2 without xposed.

Is it just me, or does anyone of you having such feeling?

Reactions: mikegiord
no issue ever with xposed framework on MIUI.
which modules did you enable?
are you running ART or davilk?

I made a fresh flash for sMIUI 5.1.16 today, and, after activated the xposed frame, i noticed the lag. For example, it takes a few seconds to load the gmail app after your touching of the gmail icon. But without xposed, it just loads smoothly. I've done such tests several times.

Now i am running my mi2 without xposed.

Is it just me, or does anyone of you having such feeling?
I was thinking at this issue right now! I noticed that keyboard become slower with xposed installed

no issue ever with xposed framework on MIUI.
which modules did you enable?
are you running ART or davilk?

I don't think it's a issue. Xposed and its moduls do their work flawless. The only thing not so good as i said is the lag/react-delay.

When I was testing this lag, i have no xposed moduls installed. All I have done is install/uninstall the Xposed framework, restart and open the gmail app. Every test with xposed installed, i got a big white screen for 2 or more seconds before I see the gmail UI. But without xposed, the loading-animation of the gmail app is almost smooth.

I am running dalvik, not ART, as Xposed dose not support ART for now as I know.

I was thinking at this issue right now! I noticed that keyboard become slower with xposed installed

How do I notice this problem is a funny story:

My friend wanted to buy a new cellphone. As we getting into the markt, my friend just opened the gmail app on every
demonstration-cellphone there and checked the loading-speed. Guess what, the iphone won. My super MI2S just showed me a big white face and keep me waiting for 2 more seconds there. XD

So after that, everytime I open the gmail app, I become very sensible to the loading speed/time. And finally after the new flash last week, I find the probably reason for the delay.

I am running dalvik, not ART, as Xposed dose not support ART for now as I know.

surely, you can't run ART, as it's unsupported :)
I have only used xposed into cyanogenmod, and never in MIUI 4.4.4...
no issue at all into CM, but there could be something in MIUI which generates some conflict [even if I don't know what it should be].

I've been using Intelli3G Xposed module for the longest time. I decided to turn it off and also remove Xposed, and my mi2s is all of a sudden much more responsive. Keyboard also is faster, it used to lag when I switched between letters and numbers and upper and lower case. I'm still on MIUI v5, so it sounds like it also affects sMIUI v6 too, which slightly blows :(

Would be nice to have Intelli3G as it does save me a bit of battery, but faster response is more preferred heh.