MULTI 5.1.30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not get mad. I'm just asking before installing!
I was in the same situation recently (just got a Xiaomi device) but instead of asking others, I compared the contents of the two ROMs and now I have the answer for myself.

These are just ZIP files, you can unpack them and look inside. You don't need any insider knowledge, just use "7-Zip" or "WinRAR." And then there are tools that make comparing whole directory trees ridiculously easy. For Windows, there's one called "WinMerge." This is how you can get a much better answer to your question, if you actually care about it.

Or, if you want to take advice from a random guy on the Internet, go for Xiaomi.eu's version. This is what I ended up doing (plus an update script for a few configuration tweaks and changes of my own). Unless you live in China I'd recommend this, even if you don't care for the translations (still, apparently Xiaomi.eu's version also fixes the English locale).

A better question would be whether to go for MIUI 6 or stay with MIUI 5 for now. The first one has arguably cooler interface and will be getting all the development, while the latter seems to have more features (possibly soon to change), and it's probably less likely to have serious bugs.

Reactions: jama687 and Nepkin
I was in the same situation recently (just got a Xiaomi device) but instead of asking others, I compared the contents of the two ROMs and now I have the answer for myself.

These are just ZIP files, you can unpack them and look inside. You don't need any insider knowledge, just use "7-Zip" or "WinRAR." And then there are tools that make comparing whole directory trees ridiculously easy. For Windows, there's one called "WinMerge." This is how you can get a much better answer to your question, if you actually care about it.

Or, if you want to take advice from a random guy on the Internet, go for Xiaomi.eu's version. This is what I ended up doing (plus an update script for a few configuration tweaks and changes of my own). Unless you live in China I'd recommend this, even if you don't care for the translations (still, apparently Xiaomi.eu's version also fixes the English locale).

A better question would be whether to go for MIUI 6 or stay with MIUI 5 for now. The first one has arguably cooler interface and will be getting all the development, while the latter seems to have more features (possibly soon to change), and it's probably less likely to have serious bugs.
what features possibly soon to change?

what features possibly soon to change?
I mean MIUI 5 seems to have some features that did not make it into MIUI 6 so far. Eventually they'll all be ported, I think, but if you got used to them meanwhile you might want to stay with the previous version for this reason.

I'm new to MIUI and didn't play a lot with it as a user, particularly with MIUI 5, which I just flashed for a quick glance, so I don't have a complete list, but there's something like the music player missing from the lockscreen, etc.

Reactions: thaimax
I mean MIUI 5 seems to have some features that did not make it into MIUI 6 so far. Eventually they'll all be ported, I think, but if you got used to them meanwhile you might want to stay with the previous version for this reason.

I'm new to MIUI and didn't play a lot with it as a user, particularly with MIUI 5, which I just flashed for a quick glance, so I don't have a complete list, but there's something like the music player missing from the lockscreen, etc.
OK understood you mean possibly and I hope too that's why I still have Miui v5 on sys1, but Really I don't know if they will ported it in v6

Reactions: StrangeOrange
Ok, thanks.
Last question, if I have is 96.0 version of MIUI V5, can I at once set with philz recovery through 5.1.30 version?
There was no such version for any device.
You need to make MiFlash with wipe all assuming you have original phone.

Wysłane z MI4

Since MIUI V6 for Mi3 WCDMA there has been serious bugs such as constant restarting and freezing issues reported by alot of people but completely ignored on this forum????????

File Explorer forced close on my mi3 after this update?? what to do!!
I am experiencing app crashes as well as freezing and restarting on Mi3 WCDMA. If you find a fix let me know as this is a major issue since the MIUI V6 updates. I have flashed my phone back to the original stock MIUI V6 ROM (without GOOGLE PLAYSTORE) and it was running fine with no crashes. However, after installing the V6 ROM CRANCO via recovery mode (safely) there has been major issues.

This is pretty good ROM, no any serious issue, no any FC, RAM handling better than v5, faster and smoother than v5, battery consumption also better than v5...I really don't understand some people here! IMO some of the problems coming from user ignorance!

Sent from my Mi2S / MIUI6

Reactions: jauling and thaimax

Thank you for your detailed reply!

Reactions: StrangeOrange
There was no such version for any device.
You need to make MiFlash with wipe all assuming you have original phone.

Wysłane z MI4
My device Redmi note 4G. Yes, original. But I'm a little worried that it can not be done with the MiFlash((

Status
Not open for further replies.