How To Update The Already Installed Xiaomi.eu Rom (redmi 3)

darkside1

Members
Jul 13, 2016
Hi, I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I would like to buy a redmi 3 from a local (Italian) store, in order to have a warranty and avoid import taxes. It comes with the xiaomi.eu rom pre-installed, MIUI 7.1, multilanguage and no OTA support (guess it makes sense because the xiaomi. eu rom is not official). In this case, what's the procedure to update the phone with the new xiaomi.eu MIUI versions? I wasn't able to find anything useful on the internet.

It's not real our ROM... It's modded by shop..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

It's not real our ROM... It's modded by shop..

~Tapatalk Mi5~
Ouch...so you're telling me that it's not the "vanilla" version made here but a modified one. May I ask you how do you know this?
In this case I might reconsider my purchase, I wanted to keed my device as updated as possible.

Our ROM can be installed on unlocked Bootloader only..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Hello, i also have similar problem. I bought my redmi 3 from aliexpress seller Hong Kong Goldway

It came with MIUI 7,Custom ROM (Change from official rom,Add Multilang,delete chinese APPs,bulti-in Google Play Store),NOT support OTA update.

How i could check if my bootloader is locked or not?

It's locked if you didn't unlock it personally..

So install stock china dev rom via EDL mode, unlock, install TWRP and install our ROM..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

Our ROM can be installed on unlocked Bootloader only..

~Tapatalk Mi5~

I can install this W / O Root xiaomi.eu_multi_ido_V7.3.1.0.LHPCNDD_v7-5.1.zip?

My bootloader is locked. Can I install my putting redmi 3 in download mode and use the Mi Flash?

Thank you.

It's locked if you didn't unlock it personally..

So install stock china dev rom via EDL mode, unlock, install TWRP and install our ROM..

~Tapatalk Mi5~
you are talking about this method? [Tools, Tips & Tutorials][MIUI DEVICE TEAM] Flash / Unbrick Redmi 3

en.miui.com /thread-254606-1-1.html (delete the space in the link)

Reactions: ksasa67