[ROM | 4.1.1][ | WIUI | ][ 4.8.29 - FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | v4 | v5 | AROMA |

Jo
So after using MIUIandroid v5 for a month now (WIUI 3.6.14 up to 3.8.2), I've decided to flash back down to V4 (WIUI 3.2.22) and here are some similarities/pros/cons I'd like to report:

The Similarities

Both WIUI V4 & V5 have fantastic battery life. In fact, I might even get a bit better on V5 (only a little and it's only noticeable during standby mode), but on average I'm getting about 3-4 hours on screen time with either version on Normal Mode at approx. 80% brightness with WiFi, 3G, and GPS on all the time. On the extended battery, I'm getting 5-6 hrs on screen time each day, with usually 15% or less left by the end of the day when I finally plug in my phone to recharge. Of course, I can stretch these numbers out by switching to Power Saving Mode or lowering the brightness. The total uptime is meaningless since I can stretch that out to whatever number I desire by selectively using my phone, but I make sure to use my phone without any regard to battery saving. That is, I use it as much as I want, as heavy as I want and that's the standard I hold it to.

Performance-wise, both are silky smooth so there's no appreciable difference in that area. Wajk claims V4's Power Saving Mode is smoother, but I'm on Normal mode most of the time so I can't judge.

Version 5 (Anything above WIUI 3.2.22)

I've grown to like the aesthetics of V5 and that's really the biggest advantage it has over V4, if you can even call it that since it's personal preference. If there are new features available in V5, I have no idea what they are since I don't use them. I like the animations, the menus/buttons/icons, and ESPECIALLY the dialer since it goes full screen with my contacts' pictures, as opposed to V4 where it's just a tiny icon and the background is my lockscreen wallpaper. V5's camera also seems to be a bit more responsive.

In regards to my comment about it having a bit better battery life, I've noticed that the power management is better. Using the Better Battery Stats app, V5 spends significantly more time in Deep Sleep (90%+) when I'm not using the phone and does not often ramp up all 4 cores to 1.5 GHz the way V4 does. As a result, during standby, my phone is consistently draining less than 1% per hour, sometimes even 0%, so if I don't use my phone (which rarely happens), it will probably last all week.

Version 4 (WIUI 3.2.22)

Now that I'm back on V4, here are the things I've noticed that will probably keep me with it. Even though standby is not as good, I'm still getting about the same amount of on screen time since I use my phone a lot. In contrast to V5, V4 only spends about 66% of the time in Deep Sleep. This is because of Google Play Services and the constant com.google.android.location alarms that go off and NetworkLocationLocator partial wakelocks. As a result, the phone drains at about 1% per hour on average when the screen is off and sometimes it will be less whenever the phone stays in Deep Sleep longer or if you purposely hibernate Google Play Services (but you will get delayed notifications from Google apps) with the Greenify app, but like I said, I use my phone so much that the end of the day result is the same anyway.

The biggest reason why I will most likely stick with V4 is because it seems everything works. There are some apps I use and check often that don't work very well or at all in V5. Here's my own personal list: Quora, Twitter, Ultimate Juice Defender (to regulate 3G), Stick It (a floating video player), SwipePad, and probably others which I have yet to discover, with the last two not working at all in V5. I thought I could live without those apps working properly, but now that they are, I prefer to keep it that way, which is why there aren't enough benefits to V5 other than looking pretty to keep me with it.

Anyway, I'd like to Wajk for all his wonderful work. Regardless of which version you choose to use, you're going to have a very good experience. I'm looking forward to any changes/improvements you make to V4, but even if you don't, no big deal, I'm pretty happy with it the way it is. If there were a way to meld the positives of both V4/5, that would be the ultimate rom! But for now, I will stay with V4 for the foreseeable future.
You are a really good writer and Im sure you will help newbies :)

Ha gaaaay

Reactions: boojay
@boojay, every app that uses 'floating' or 'on top' doesn't work. 2 other examples: facebook chatheads and gameCIH...

Verstuurd van mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

@boojay, every app that uses 'floating' or 'on top' doesn't work. 2 other examples: facebook chatheads and gameCIH...

You're probably right. I did try a couple of more floating apps that didn't work on V5, but did on V4. If you want something nice to look at and don't mind a slightly crippled system that's very good on standby, the latest versions are more than adequate. If you want every single one of your apps to work the way they should and aren't too anal about the fact that your phone won't spend as much time in Deep Sleep despite not affecting battery life too adversely, WIUI 3.2.22 is the only way to go.

Hi wajk,when i installed your V5 3.8.2 it unceasing pop “com.android.access”is stop working.I try wipe data and cache again but still have that error.I am your chinese fans #^_^#

I never installed the experimental versionof wiui, can I install v4 without bricking my MI2S?

I never installed the experimental versionof wiui, can I install v4 without bricking my MI2S?

yes ,YOU CAN ,I OFTEN BACK TO V4,BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE CAMERA OF V4 .

I solved the problem of Facebook chat heads by enabling the option "show pop-up window" in settings->applications->Messenger, now it works like a charm!

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hello Wajk, I am using your rom ever since I received my mi2. Many thanks for your valuable work! Recently, I have installed Direct Inject Turbo & Crossbreeder on top of your latest version. Everything seems to be fine and I think the device is even smoother now. I believe that these scripts are the main part of Medina's highly popular rom(along with audio tweaks such as Viper4android which I also use) . Do you have any reservations regarding these scripts? Do you have plans to incorporate them in your future builds? Again, many thanks.
Eran

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

Hi Wajk, anyway thanks for your reply... i used this method to get Xperia keyboard working in your ROM...
may be you can consider incorporating this keyboard in your future releases... it is very good & everybody will like it...

I used Xperia keyboard before, but i got request why I don't use 4.2 keyboard in my ROM. ;)
You can flash simple Xperia keyboard pack from XDA via CWM.

hi. wajk.can u spend sometime on the v4?
Wajk, Did you plan to make a version of 3.8.2 experimental?

My plan is this week and next week I working on v4 in my freetime .
And after I will make new v5 and new EX version.

I solved the problem of Facebook chat heads by enabling the option "show pop-up window" in settings->applications->Messenger, now it works like a charm!

Thnx for your tip! Very useful!

Hello Wajk, I am using your rom ever since I received my mi2. Many thanks for your valuable work! Recently, I have installed Direct Inject Turbo & Crossbreeder on top of your latest version. Everything seems to be fine and I think the device is even smoother now. I believe that these scripts are the main part of Medina's highly popular rom(along with audio tweaks such as Viper4android which I also use) . Do you have any reservations regarding these scripts? Do you have plans to incorporate them in your future builds? Again, many thanks.

I use some parts from these tweaks, as I said before. Stability is very important for me, that's why I don't use full pack.
But install steps are very easy, just flash tweak pack which you prefer and use it.

Thanks Wajk, +more coffee for you!
You make my MI2 happy :D

Thnx, I update first post, when it will arrive.
Thnx for your support. Coffee will add more power to me :D
So after using MIUIandroid v5 for a month now (WIUI 3.6.14 up to 3.8.2), I've decided to flash back down to V4 (WIUI 3.2.22) and here are some similarities/pros/cons I'd like to report:

The Similarities

Both WIUI V4 & V5 have fantastic battery life. In fact, I might even get a bit better on V5 (only a little and it's only noticeable during standby mode), but on average I'm getting about 3-4 hours on screen time with either version on Normal Mode at approx. 80% brightness with WiFi, 3G, and GPS on all the time. On the extended battery, I'm getting 5-6 hrs on screen time each day, with usually 15% or less left by the end of the day when I finally plug in my phone to recharge. Of course, I can stretch these numbers out by switching to Power Saving Mode or lowering the brightness. The total uptime is meaningless since I can stretch that out to whatever number I desire by selectively using my phone, but I make sure to use my phone without any regard to battery saving. That is, I use it as much as I want, as heavy as I want and that's the standard I hold it to.

Performance-wise, both are silky smooth so there's no appreciable difference in that area. Wajk claims V4's Power Saving Mode is smoother, but I'm on Normal mode most of the time so I can't judge.

Version 5 (Anything above WIUI 3.2.22)

I've grown to like the aesthetics of V5 and that's really the biggest advantage it has over V4, if you can even call it that since it's personal preference. If there are new features available in V5, I have no idea what they are since I don't use them. I like the animations, the menus/buttons/icons, and ESPECIALLY the dialer since it goes full screen with my contacts' pictures, as opposed to V4 where it's just a tiny icon and the background is my lockscreen wallpaper. V5's camera also seems to be a bit more responsive.

In regards to my comment about it having a bit better battery life, I've noticed that the power management is better. Using the Better Battery Stats app, V5 spends significantly more time in Deep Sleep (90%+) when I'm not using the phone and does not often ramp up all 4 cores to 1.5 GHz the way V4 does. As a result, during standby, my phone is consistently draining less than 1% per hour, sometimes even 0%, so if I don't use my phone (which rarely happens), it will probably last all week.

Version 4 (WIUI 3.2.22)

Now that I'm back on V4, here are the things I've noticed that will probably keep me with it. Even though standby is not as good, I'm still getting about the same amount of on screen time since I use my phone a lot. In contrast to V5, V4 only spends about 66% of the time in Deep Sleep. This is because of Google Play Services and the constant com.google.android.location alarms that go off and NetworkLocationLocator partial wakelocks. As a result, the phone drains at about 1% per hour on average when the screen is off and sometimes it will be less whenever the phone stays in Deep Sleep longer or if you purposely hibernate Google Play Services (but you will get delayed notifications from Google apps) with the Greenify app, but like I said, I use my phone so much that the end of the day result is the same anyway.

The biggest reason why I will most likely stick with V4 is because it seems everything works. There are some apps I use and check often that don't work very well or at all in V5. Here's my own personal list: Quora, Twitter, Ultimate Juice Defender (to regulate 3G), Stick It (a floating video player), SwipePad, and probably others which I have yet to discover, with the last two not working at all in V5. I thought I could live without those apps working properly, but now that they are, I prefer to keep it that way, which is why there aren't enough benefits to V5 other than looking pretty to keep me with it.

Anyway, I'd like to thank Wajk for all his wonderful work. Regardless of which version you choose to use, you're going to have a very good experience. I'm looking forward to any changes/improvements you make to V4, but even if you don't, no big deal, I'm pretty happy with it the way it is. If there were a way to meld the positives of both V4/5, that would be the ultimate rom! But for now, I will stay with V4 for the foreseeable future.

very detailed and very useful post. I absolutely agree with you. I like v4, but in my opinion is v5 is the future.

Anyway, I checked diffs between v4 and v5 ROMs and I will try to backport v5 ROM to v4 base.

If I have any results I will share with you.

I thinking about it long time ago. That is more complicated than my EX version,
but I would like to find best combination for our device :D

very detailed and very useful post. I absolutely agree with you. I like v4, but in my opinion is v5 is the future.

Anyway, I checked diffs between v4 and v5 ROMs and I will try to backport v5 ROM to v4 base.

If I have any results I will share with you.

I thinking about it long time ago. That is more complicated than my EX version,
but I would like to find best combination for our device :D

Definitely agree with you, V5 is more pleasing to use and certainly more polished UI-wise, but at the cost of functionality. It's a shame MIUI decided to release an unfinished product and that it's taking so long to sort out the kinks.

In any case, you've done great work with that's been available to you and the entire community is very much appreciative!

Hi Wajk,

I have been using you rom for a few months, and I like it very much, specially because of the multilanguage.
However I had to change to the stock rom because a few widgets on my home screen dont work properly (since a couple of months). AIX weather , glass widgets and simple calendar are never refreshed, and they keep showing the information from old days, and are only refreshed with the information of the current date when I reboot. This problem does not happen in the stock rom.

Thanks for you work.

Try having a look at auto starts permissions and allow those apps. Of course make sure they have auto sync enabled

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: Wajk and ykcorse
I've been using this rom since a couple of months and ai have to say that is really impressive :) Thanks wajk!

I think you picked up the bad features of Miui in mi2s (especially the battery drain and screen readability)and did a very good work in improving this already fantastic rom, creating an even smooth and fast one...

I have 2 questions if I may...
1 I'm using your rom in system 1 with miuiandroid on sys2, it will longer create some trouble?
2 now That I want to update to the latest release, Do I need to wipe all or I can simply flash?

Hello! I've been using WIUI because the good reviews I've read. I think it's the best rom but I bumped on some problems. First the background (it might be important): After I got the phone I used the stock rom's update tool to update to WIUI 3.7.5. After that I got little problems, guard crashed at startup and couple of total freezes etc. Then I updated to 3.8.2 the same way. Now problems got bigger and there was lots of things that didn't work, like messaging or backup.

Then I wiped cache for the first time and after that all the problems above was solved. But now I'm left with a non working Play store. It works on some level but never downloads anything. Can anybody help me please?

Hello! I've been using WIUI because the good reviews I've read. I think it's the best rom but I bumped on some problems. First the background (it might be important): After I got the phone I used the stock rom's update tool to update to WIUI 3.7.5. After that I got little problems, guard crashed at startup and couple of total freezes etc. Then I updated to 3.8.2 the same way. Now problems got bigger and there was lots of things that didn't work, like messaging or backup.

Then I wiped cache for the first time and after that all the problems above was solved. But now I'm left with a non working Play store. It works on some level but never downloads anything. Can anybody help me please?

Try removing your google account in settings (perhaps all your accounts) and re-adding your accounts manually. I encountered this problem many times after restoring ' account settings' backups.

Have you tried update via cwm recovery to system 1?

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi-2

Hello, I installed the latest version of the V4 EX, and works great and the battery life is really good.
I have a problem that when I try to enter recovery mode stays in the logo of MI and not enter. I have to remove the battery and switch on.
Is there a solution, I would like to install some other version with dual boot.
Greetings and thanks for the work.