[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

Yes, many things gets removed but I may consider to pick them again.

Let's do a little survey:
kk so it wasnt just a mistake.
Like VinSwaded said undervolting would be very nice it reduced the temperatur of my mi2 a lot. Some more spezial things are SIO and SMARTMAX I like the battery friendly style of it. But thats not so important ;-)

I can tell you that it doesn't. Were did you see that information?

Thanks for your reply, it's on cofface(chinese MIUI forum) sina weibo (maybe I'v got translate mistake, here is the original

text, "MI2 cm12.1相机不稳定问题找到,kernel和相机库不兼容导致") , I dont know which kernel.

I find this commit on pexcn's github "camera HAL as camera.vendor.msm8960.so", it's to solve the camera problem ?

Some APP dont support NoSDcard, so, it will be nice if you can build the patch to support the old partition layout..

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, it's on cofface(chinese MIUI forum) sina weibo (maybe I'v got translate mistake, here is the original

I find this commit on pexcn's github "camera HAL as camera.vendor.msm8960.so", it's to solve the camera problem ?

Some APP dont support NoSDcard, so, it will be nice if you can build the patch to support the old partition layout..

Ok, thanks. If gtranslate do this right it's mentioned that camera is not compatible with new libraries and kernel which is true. That's why is so hard to make it completely stable with Xiaomi propertaries but It's more and more better with every version and when I find more time I'll try to work on new HAL.

This commit make support to wrapper.

kk so it wasnt just a mistake.
Like VinSwaded said undervolting would be very nice it reduced the temperatur of my mi2 a lot. Some more spezial things are SIO and SMARTMAX I like the battery friendly style of it. But thats not so important ;-)

I said underclocking, that is not the same as undervolting.

Thanks for ROM, got tired of MIUI troubles and this is amazing. I have one problem: my data usage menu in settings FC settings instantly. I think this is caused by titanium backup, when i was getting back my apps and forgot to unselect something, how can i make it work again?

Reactions: bugers
hi, I have a problem with the camera. when I do a video or this is not saved or it freezes after a few seconds. can anyone help me please? for the rest it's a great job

I found another solution is compile the rom with Android version LMY48B.
(this information is from another ROM maker in official MIUI forum)

Maybe this information can help you?

Reactions: unicoco12345
Last multi and twrp
mi2s
May I install supersu via playstore after flash this rom or must flash apk via recovery whit rom and gapps?

Last multi and twrp
mi2s
May I install supersu via playstore after flash this rom or must flash apk via recovery whit rom and gapps?
Ciao!
It's not necessary at all to use SuperSU if you don't want to. You can simply enable root rights in the developer settings. (Tap three times to the entry "build number" in the section "About the phone").If you want to use superSU I recommend flashing it via recovery using >THIS< zip from the official blog.

Reactions: thaimax

Guys, what feature of previous kernel you miss the most?
1>BLX.Very useful for a healthy battery.Give it a read if and when you have time : http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-s/development/mod-battery-life-extender-blx-t1257497

2>Undervolting.Makes some difference when you surf or watch long videos, that is usually when your processor is at the lower speed steps, which can withstand huge undervolting (over 200mv in my phone).

I found another solution is compile the rom with Android version LMY48B.
(this information is from another ROM maker in official MIUI forum)

Maybe this information can help you?

Yes I've noticed that, but in this forum, someone says that the problem is on kernel, fix the kernel, fix the camera , and build it with any version without the problem.
In fact , I am confused which one is right. I think bugers will finally fix it .

Hi, Just FYI - I am about 2 weeks on clean RC2 and I have
sometimes reboot system and
Sometimes I can't hear other side during the call.

Camera wasn't able to start once. Soft reboot didn't help, hard reboot yes.

Sometimes I have ghost touches, but it hasn't to be because of this rom. I had it with Ivan's last too, but here are little bit more often. It started to happend when my screen broke and I replaced it.

Sometimes I have WiFi troubles, but it was tell here before.

Beside this, this is very great rom!!!

Ciao!
It's not necessary at all to use SuperSU if you don't want to. You can simply enable root rights in the developer settings. (Tap three times to the entry "build number" in the section "About the phone").If you want to use superSU I recommend flashing it via recovery using >THIS< zip from the official blog.
Ok thanks I thougt cm doesn't has root

Sometimes I have ghost touches, but it hasn't to be because of this rom. I had it with Ivan's last too, but here are little bit more often. It started to happend when my screen broke and I replaced it.

I had similar problems when i replaced my touch. I also had problems with the proximity sensor. This problem I solved with this manual:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I didnt use tape, but black car paint to separate the 2 windows. Before I had a value of 2 in androsensors, after it a value of 5. And it now works reliable.

The problem with the Ghost touches: There a 2 flexcables with the screen. The smaller one (with the smaller plug) must have a good contact with the (blank part) of the phone's PCB. I had first to remove a adhesive tape cover from this part of the flexcable. But that was not enough, so i took some very thick adhesive Tape (probably you can also take paper or so..), so that this part of the flexcable is pressed really good on the PCB. That solved it for me.

Interesting info regarding the ghost touches. They appear occasionally on mine (right side at lower section) and it helps to strongly knock with the phone on a table (like trying to move the screen to the left side of the phone). I may try to fix the plug if it becomes annoying.

Mine was completely mad. I went into settings and it pressed ultrafast all buttons and i could afterward set it to normal. Very annoying. Its not the plug, its the grey area in the lower right of the pic (where a stamp can be seen). This piece was covered with adhesive tape. Probably conductive, I assume.

SREPR021100_02_L.jpg

Anyway, I bought my Mi2s cheap with a defective screen, fixed it and loving it now. My former phone was a Galaxy S2 which became a little too slow for me. Than I tried a few roms and this is by far the best for me.

I maybe found something like workaround for camera problems. I read about some camera problems on lollipop and found out, that by exiting app that uses camera by home button can make the camera to disconnect incorrectly and making it unusable until you reboot. So exiting these apps by back button seems to work for me so far. Check it out, maybe it really works. :)
I found out about the data usage problem, that when I'm in airplane mode, i can acces it (or during the time between turning off airplane mode abd SIM connecting), but not set any limits, or change the time period etc. Anybody else experiencing this?

bugers, please remove "--block \" string in build/core/Makefile to avoid block image(like system.new.dat)
it would be usual zip as we can see in <=4.4.4 roms
information frome here http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=209610&st=5080#entry38050766
You can use google translate in google chrome to better understand what to do
no system.new.dat in zip archive anymore, just system folder and boot.img, no needs to resize partition or reboot recovery after flashing
furthermore its more convinient to drag some system apps/files if you are remove/change some of them

And please add dolby digital package in your rom
dolby you can find here https://github.com/bywwh/device_xiaomi_aries_mkl/tree/mkl/aries/dolby/system
or here http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=474954&view=findpost&p=40309226

The problem with the camera is for the flash light, when the camera dont conect the flash doesnt work

Enviado desde mi ONE E1003 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: DaRoni
Is there a way to set the lockscreen timeout separately? Mine wont turn off after a call for a long time. Is it a bug or lollipop?

Settings // Lock screen // Automatically lock after X minutes of sleep.

If you mean "sleep" timeout, it is in Display & lights.