[rom] Ivan's Aosp Lollipop 5.1

hello everybody,
for a series of circumstances, I joined 2 partitions and now the problem is that I can not install custom recovery that allows me to flash the Ivan's ROM. can someone explain schematically (with possible links to programs) how to solve the problem?
If you have latest merged partitions (not original partitions) use this recovery:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/rom-ivans-aosp-lollipop-5-1.27413/page-15#post-245940

ROM build is 5.5.3, but the patched version [which doesn't merge partitions] has been released on 4PDA 5.5.7.
It was previously in this tread on 8. may, post #337, #339 and #340:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/rom-ivans-aosp-lollipop-5-1.27413/page-17#post-246133

Now that gravitybox supports 5.1.1 I'm ready to flash Ivan's latest rom.

Can you guys confirm that Ivan's latest 5.1.1 is stable and has good battery life?
I prefer Ivans lolli 5.1 version 5.4.14, I dont know why but I think battery life is just a little better then latest aosp 5.1.1, maybe it`s just in my mind so do not take me seriously. :)

hello everybody,
for a series of circumstances, I joined 2 partitions and now the problem is that I can not install custom recovery that allows me to flash the Ivan's ROM. can someone explain schematically (with possible links to programs) how to solve the problem?

Flash recovery from Ivans ROM via fastboot first then install ROM through ADB using sideload function.

sure.
but someone asked me to add it on OP to have it indexed.
I simply mirrored it on MEGA and provided download link on OP. md5 checksum will give you same result for both builds, MEGA and yandex one.
Of course, the first page - your first post you're taking is a very neat and we are all like it! ;)

Reactions: cypher
spaxon please, can you explain the correct procedure ? I would not damage my phone
Well if you have merged (joined) partitions with latest MIUI rom installed:
Unpack _______recovery.zip to your comp, go into fastboot (bootloader) on your phone, then attach cable from your pc onto your phone of course, after that run flash.bat and wait until it finish. After that go into your chinese recovery and flash your new english version recovery (signed_recovery_6.0.5_NEW_Partition_with_aboot.zip).

let's see if I understand : unpack the first file on the desktop , I put the phone in fastboot mode , connect the cable of course and do a double click on the file flash.bat. is there a message that tell me when are finished ? Reboot into recovery ( Chinese ? ... we hope is understandable ) and flash english recovery . correct ?

let's see if I understand : unpack the first file on the desktop , I put the phone in fastboot mode , connect the cable of course and do a double click on the file flash.bat. is there a message that tell me when are finished ? Reboot into recovery ( Chinese ? ... we hope is understandable ) and flash english recovery . correct ?
Correct, but you must copy signed_recovery_6.0.5_NEW_Partition_with_aboot.zip to your phone for flashing later via chinese cwm recovery, and it is little understandable - it has something like chinese letters(install from) and SD card, if you were previously using cwm recoveries you will understand it...

I hope you understand . now I've bricked the phone and I have to start from zero . I will test the procedure you suggested and let you know . for the moment , thanks

I hope you understand . now I've bricked the phone and I have to start from zero . I will test the procedure you suggested and let you know . for the moment , thanks
hmm, i dont know what was going wrong to you, I hope you will get it all to work like it should...

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I've been a great fan of mi2s for quite some time now.
Ivan's gotta be one of the most awesome roms I've ever tried, kudos to the dev!
Just one glitch I would point out. The phone app is quite problematic in my experience. It's excessively slow and not very responsive, as opposed to the snappiness of the rest of the system. Can you confirm this? Anything I can do to troubleshoot this problem? Thanks in advance

just find the word "zip" it is our letters :) it is install zip from sd, then I think click on zero "0", this is your sd storage... if I remember that :) then just install your new english cwm (signed_recovery_6.0.5_NEW_Partition_with_aboot.zip). Reboot to recovery again - voila

all ok but how make a new rom in memory?
in the old cwm , there was the possibility of mounting the memory to allow you to copy the ROM in the memory. now isn't possible

ok , it all works . I give you thanks for your help and patience you've had. I will post the solution in the Italian forum

last problem . the phone works well but I do not see what is in the memory . if I boot the phone from recovery I see the folders that I saved while with the phone switched on , I can't see

Anyone else getting random reboots with 5.1.1? At least twice a day. I'm using the modified 5.5.7 build. Thinking about returning to my 5.1 backup.

Anyone else getting random reboots with 5.1.1? At least twice a day. I'm using the modified 5.5.7 build. Thinking about returning to my 5.1 backup.
Im with the modified edition and its the best so far i ever test...i dont hace random reboots and battery life its the best

Reactions: amonras
Im with the modified edition and its the best so far i ever test...i dont hace random reboots and battery life its the best
Sincerely so far so pleased. No reboots no lags, all is smooth and fast.
Maybe further I'll try to merge partitions for testings on the other ROM, but by now . . .

I'm using the same build [5.5.7] for at least one week or longer and only once I had 3 random reboots at the same day. This was a couple of days ago. After the third reboot I powered it off and again on once and since then it's ok.
Apart from that, I'm very satisfied with the ROM's overall performance, including battery life. Now I'm thinking of installing the last xposed (the one posted in #382 of this thread) but I am afraid of reducing the performance of the ROM. I would appreciate a feedback, If anyone has experience with this build and last xposed.

Edit: @saintjules Personally, I don't face any lags with the phone apk. Try clearing data/cache under settings/apps

Last edited:
I have no random reboot. the rom work perfectly with me.
and now with gravitybox supported, I dont need to wait CM12.1 any more. :)

I'm using the same build [5.5.7] for at least one week or longer and only once I had 3 random reboots at the same day. This was a couple of days ago. After the third reboot I powered it off and again on once and since then it's ok.
Apart from that, I'm very satisfied with the ROM's overall performance, including battery life. Now I'm thinking of installing the last xposed (the one posted in #382 of this thread) but I am afraid of reducing the performance of the ROM. I would appreciate a feedback, If anyone has experience with this build and last xposed.

Edit: @saintjules Personally, I don't face any lags with the phone apk. Try clearing data/cache under settings/apps
super alpha xposed with gravity box work perfectly! I had try minminguard, amplify, app setting, greenify, ... and they all work well

Reactions: heron and treiliert
One question (maybe someone note it before). Version 5.5.7 is not rooted by default, Am I right? I had to flash SuperSU manually