Ubuntu phone on MI2(s) possible?

The Mi2 has build-in dualboot, it would be great if we can use it for Ubuntu + Miui

The Mi2 has build-in dualboot, it would be great if we can use it for Ubuntu + Miui
No, cuz ubuntu use different partitions, u can't install it on /system0 or system1

Inviato dal mio MI 2(s) utilizzando Tapatalk

ivan have written some script files on it , but he said he just did some test on it and would not release the ROM.
but i cannot find the source files by him.
And there is another developer making the ROM, but for now he is too busy to pause the work. Here is his sina Weibo : http://weibo.com/210124187

ivan have written some script files on it , but he said he just did some test on it and would not release the ROM.
but i cannot find the source files by him.
And there is another developer making the ROM, but for now he is too busy to pause the work. Here is his sina Weibo : http://weibo.com/210124187
They will make builds more buggy than m1cha ones, that's why:
1-They uses xiaomi kernel
2-The best utouch supported device is nexus 4, since m1cha kernel is the nexus 4 one ported to mi2, it will be much better
3-So they'll have to port every kind of driver / lib ecc, when with n4 one they're very very easier. Same as Mir stuffs

They will make builds more buggy than m1cha ones, that's why:
1-They uses xiaomi kernel
2-The best utouch supported device is nexus 4, since m1cha kernel is the nexus 4 one ported to mi2, it will be much better
3-So they'll have to port every kind of driver / lib ecc, when with n4 one they're very very easier. Same as Mir stuffs
well i see. wait for m1cha's and hope for the support of china telecom model 2sc. his cm11 can not get 3g data connected.

Today there were an ubuntu-party on Italian community with a few of canonical developers and one of them is working on Ubuntu touch. I asked him if they'll never release a kernel based on android 4.4 / cm11. He said yes and next days it will come out so now we can work on the porting using m1cha kernel ;)

Here's the link to the hangout (Only italian users): Ubuntu-it 14.04 Party

Last edited: