Google Pay issue

cmarco71

Members
Sep 9, 2018
Google pay doesn't work on my Mi8 Dipper and Rom 9.2.21 weekly. It says device is rooted.
I didn't install magisk or any custom firmware.

Will this be fixed for the next release?
d0804ccf6710dabebbcf53cac689680d.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
I found this on miuipolska.pl

1. Uninstall Google Pay and Magisk (if installed)

2. Delete Google Play services data in Settings> Management> (3 dots menu). Show system> Google Play services> Clear data> Memory> All data.

3. Make sure you have the "NFC Wallet with HCE" set in Settings> More.

4. Begin adding a payment card again by Downloading Google Pay from the store.

~Google Translate

I found this on miuipolska.pl

1. Uninstall Google Pay and Magisk (if installed)

2. Delete Google Play services data in Settings> Management> (3 dots menu). Show system> Google Play services> Clear data> Memory> All data.

3. Make sure you have the "NFC Wallet with HCE" set in Settings> More.

4. Begin adding a payment card again by Downloading Google Pay from the store.

~Google Translate

Doesn`t work too

I encountered the problem yesterday night and an hour before that I used Google Pay in a store without a issue.
And I upgraded the ROM to the latest 9.3.1 and the problem persists. Please fix it.
I tried to clear data of all apps that have the word Google in it and reinstall google pay. It still does not work on my MI 8.
Google Pay is the only single reason I use xiaomi.eu ROMs on my xiaomi devices and that is especially true after xiaomi decides that devices sold in mainland China cannot flash global ROM (for some political non-sense I assume).
Just a little more details about this incident, I started to use xiaomi.eu dev ROMs for the ability to use Google Pay in Canada since I got the MI8 from a friend of mine and it worked perfectly until about 23 hours ago. Really frustrated.

I just noticed that I used the clear all data in manage space but the problem was fixed after i clear the cache in settings:oops:

What do you mean with "after i clear the cache in settings"?

I cleared Google Play services data, Google Pay data but still no luck :(

What do you mean with "after i clear the cache in settings"?

I cleared Google Play services data, Google Pay data but still no luck :(
You need to clear the cache of Google play service as well as the data. If you just clear the data it is not going to work. I got the issue fixed after I implicitly cleared the cache of Google play service.

Google pay doesn't work on my Mi8 Dipper and Rom 9.2.21 weekly. It says device is rooted.
I didn't install magisk or any custom firmware.

Will this be fixed for the next release?
d0804ccf6710dabebbcf53cac689680d.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk
You now that if clear data of Google pay and Google play services it will work?
They should fix it if possible

Отправлено с моего MI 8 через Tapatalk

I encountered the problem yesterday night and an hour before that I used Google Pay in a store without a issue.
And I upgraded the ROM to the latest 9.3.1 and the problem persists. Please fix it.
I tried to clear data of all apps that have the word Google in it and reinstall google pay. It still does not work on my MI 8.
Google Pay is the only single reason I use xiaomi.eu ROMs on my xiaomi devices and that is especially true after xiaomi decides that devices sold in mainland China cannot flash global ROM (for some political non-sense I assume).
Just a little more details about this incident, I started to use xiaomi.eu dev ROMs for the ability to use Google Pay in Canada since I got the MI8 from a friend of mine and it worked perfectly until about 23 hours ago. Really frustrated.
On my mi 8 i only needed re-setup my card(it has been deleted somehow) and that's all, i noticed different problems on the same rom(9.3.1) on different devices(the same model), for example, you have problem with gpay, i don't, my friend had problem with Google play (update/download apps) and it was appearing error of "android.process..." per 2 seconds(noticed on other devices) i cleared data of system app "downloads" (there are two apps) and then it's ok
Anyway, developer try to fix it

Отправлено с моего MI 8 через Tapatalk

I have trouble using the gpay on mi8 AGAIN with xiaomi.eu ROM 9.3.1 Beta. I got it working again by clearing the cache and data of google play services but just a few days later I cannot get Gpay to work again so it is an issue that need to be fixed or I will go get an iPhone instead f**k xiaomi on blocking global roms on Chinese sold devices.
I tried the previous method that succeeded before but it does not work now. I think Google developers are patching the bypasses on phones with unlocked bootloaders. I don't think it is possible to lock the bootloader if I have xiaomi.eu ROM installed.

PLEASE TRY TO FIX IT!!!

Здравствуйте.Возможно в обновление получится запретить обновляться сервисам Goggle.

Здравствуйте.Возможно в обновление получится запретить обновляться сервисам Goggle.
Нет,пусть обновляются. Удаление папки gms через twrp решает проблему с pay. У меня сервисы 16.0.86 и работает прекрасно оплата

Prepared by @Acid MiUi Polska:

If Google Pay service says that you are unable to pay due to rooted device:

1. Uninstall Magisk (if you have installed).
2. Restart the device to TWRP mode.
3. Go to Advanced -> File Manager -> sdcard -> Android -> data.
4. Finf folder named :com.google.android.gms (open the folder by clicking it).
5. Delete the folder (using folder options button - right down corner - Delete -> slide to confirm).
6. Go to TWRP main menu.
7. Restart to the system.
8. Set "NFC by HCE" option in Settings -> More options (below NFC switch).
9. Add payment card in Google Pay app.

There is no necessity of uniinstalling Google Pay app from the system.

Remember: effective deleting the folder mentioned abowe is possible only in TWRP mode.

Deleting the folder is enough to properly add payment card and for appropriate Google Pay work.

You may need to repeat the procedure if Google Pay says about rooted device in advance.

Удаляю эту папку по инструкции как вы описали через тврп. Повторял несколько раз не помогает.

I also deleted the twrp folder, deleted Cache and data from Services and Google pay a few times. Nothing worked, I cant add Paypal again cuz my phone is modified or rooted. It's not rooted, just bootloader unlocked. Any fix?

OK. Sorry. I'm really sorry. It's my fault. It was my mistake with the folder expected to be deleted.

Again then, correct instruction:

3. Go to Advanced -> File Manager.
4. Among the folders find: data/data/com.google.android.gms (previously it was the mistake concerning rolder ".gms" right location).
5. Go inside the folder, delete the folder (using folder options button - right down corner - Delete -> slide to confirm).
6. Go to TWRP main menu.

What is more? As it was said by @Acid , every Thursday Google updates Google service. Due to that it is neccessary to repeat procedure described in points 1-9.

Deleting the folder is enough to properly add payment card and for appropriate Google Pay work.

Remember: effective deleting the folder mentioned abowe is possible only in TWRP mode. And this is tutorial prepared by @Acid . I am only an author of translation into English... ;)

Reactions: YogiPL
OK. Sorry. I'm really sorry. It's my fault. It was my mistake with the folder expected to be deleted.

Again then, correct instruction:

3. Go to Advanced -> File Manager.
4. Among the folders find: data/data/com.google.android.gms (previously it was the mistake concerning rolder ".gms" right location).
5. Go inside the folder, delete the folder (using folder options button - right down corner - Delete -> slide to confirm).
6. Go to TWRP main menu.

What is more? As it was said by @Acid , every Thursday Google updates Google service. Due to that it is neccessary to repeat procedure described in points 1-9.

Remember: effective deleting the folder mentioned abowe is possible only in TWRP mode. And this is tutorial prepared by @Acid . I am only an author of translation into English... ;)
Just repeated the steps, Google pay still says my phone is rooted or modified. And no, I'm not rooted anymore.