Status
Not open for further replies.
MIUI Themes + Halo Launcher HD (pro)
my email address out there doesn't matter - a little extra spam in the morning gives you a little zing in your step. :)

HTC One X (int'l)

Hello dear all. I'm newbie about installing ROM (Changing or replacing my phone's firmware).
I have a Chinese phone (Called A908) with stock android 4.0.3 on it. It seems the default ROM in it is MIUI. I want to install the last version of MIUI ROM but the problem is that my phone is not in the list of supported phones. So I have to find the ROM which is compatible to my phone. Please help me. My phones feature is:

Android version: 4.0.3
Baseband version: MAUI.11. AMD.W11.50.sp.v13.P2,2012/04/25
Kernel version: 3.0.3 queen@dell-desktop#1
Build number: A908_A51ICS_76A0_V1_0_4_20120711

device-2012-10-13-231015.png
device-2012-10-13-231051.png

Thanks in advance.

WHAT!! :eek: Samsung is the eazyest phones to Rom, HTC are the worst,, dont know where u got that from,,, and the best to Rom is the Samsung sgs1 and also the sgs3 i have both and it only takes a few clicks,, HTC for example you gotta do this, then do that, that this and that,,, geeeeeee,,,,,, :D oh ps, also harder to brick!!! ;)

Sometimes you have to read posts five times before you pull the hood over your head, lean your head sideways and pull down your pants. Only then will you be able to understand :)

FYI MiuiAndroid Staff:

I just discovered there is a corrupted/empty file within the 'Browser.apk' which will cause a FC when navigating to: Browser > Settings > Advanced

The FC is caused by "Browser/res/xml/advanced_preferences.xml" being empty or corrupt, I'm not sure if this is effecting any other device build as I only port from the CRESPO device.

I solved this by replacing 'advanced_preferences.xml' with the previous build's file and removing "Browser\res\values\xmls.xml"

Then recompile Browser.apk and push back to device.

Best Regards,

s89
same case here
sony xperia s ...also, no latest base rom build? thanks :)

FYI MiuiAndroid Staff:

I just discovered there is a corrupted/empty file within the 'Browser.apk' which will cause a FC when navigating to: Browser > Settings > Advanced

The FC is caused by "Browser/res/xml/advanced_preferences.xml" being empty or corrupt, I'm not sure if this is effecting any other device build as I only port from the CRESPO device.

I solved this by replacing 'advanced_preferences.xml' with the previous build's file and removing "Browser\res\values\xmls.xml"

Then recompile Browser.apk and push back to device.

Best Regards,

s89
Same for my maguro

1) JB is only for some phones, not all. (SGS3 is ICS.)

2) In the first post of this thread, you can see which ROM is for your phone...
ae4ca34282f59aa90265e2c0f731b4df miuiandroid_m0-2.10.12.zip (Samsung Galaxy S3)
so you download

3) New ROM versions come every friday with English language. If you want italian, you wait 1-2 days and the language pack will come too.
SGS3 is JB also!

Guys the lock screen misbehaves, some times no background , others elements are missing and some other times it goes invisible, any clue how to temp fix it?

Found a solution and trust me it's a funny one....... you just enable misuse prevent and the lock screen works like it should

Sent from my Nexus S

SGS3 is JB also!
Version 2.9.29 was ICS. Maybe now the 2.10.12 is JB...

Oh, and another thing... I wrote in my answer that the language pack comes a day or two after the initial release -- well this week there will be no language pack. :)

I guess not.. ;)
Nope, no multi this week as far as i'm aware... Myself (Birthday today) so im out from 11:30am today till Tomorrow! and iBotPeaches has some stuff going on outside of MIUI so for one week people just need to sit and wait. We should be back to normal business next week. Might be a new build out tonight to fix the Browser issue and also one or two other glitches reported.

We're not ignoring peoples issues on the forum either, we've been fixing things behind the scenes just need some time to re build 24 ROMS :)

Thanks,

Mark

Nope, no multi this week as far as i'm aware... Myself (Birthday today) so im out from 11:30am today till Tomorrow! and iBotPeaches has some stuff going on outside of MIUI so for one week people just need to sit and wait. We should be back to normal business next week. Might be a new build out tonight to fix the Browser issue and also one or two other glitches reported.

We're not ignoring peoples issues on the forum either, we've been fixing things behind the scenes just need some time to re build 24 ROMS :)

Thanks,

Mark
Happy birthday

happy b-day :)) .

Please, could you fix the sms landscape mode? :-/ It's totally disadvantage for me, coz i have huge hands and i can't type without it.. :-(
( HTC Evo 3D)

cant seems to find the htc desire hd link can anyone help me with that and also there are some problems with gps and camera in previous releases is it fixed or not

Quick Q for anyone running Arc S -

Are there emoticons/smileys in the stock SMS/MMS app for you? I port to Xperia Play and I'm not sure if it's a port issue or a base issue. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.