Resolved 2.3.16 BUGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

A few more things:
1) I can see in my sync settings "Google Photos" turned on, but the gallery doesn't show them.
2) There's a 1 mb limit check, it keeps telling me to turn my wi-fi on. Almost al files in the android mark has a wi-fi sign. Shouldn't this be something like 15 mb or something?
3) Some same bugs mentioned in previous posts.

All this on a SGS2 with miui 2.3.16 ICS. Looking forward to next weeks update.

2. You should be able to change this within the Downloads app

A small bug i have found.. in keyboard settings if I choose 3/4 keypad when I press it instead of a letter a number appears..
Apart from that nothing major.. just what has previously been mentioned.. lockscreen delay is there and the google play/ market icon changing after reboot..

cheers.
Carl.

A small bug i have found.. in keyboard settings if I choose 3/4 keypad when I press it instead of a letter a number appears..
Apart from that nothing major.. just what has previously been mentioned.. lockscreen delay is there and the google play/ market icon changing after reboot..

cheers.
Carl.

I confirm play store reverting back to market 3.4.4 after each reboot

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: buzzsaw
Miui v4 bugs i'm facing and perhaps already mentioned before... :
1. when editing photo in photo studio(default photo editing tool), if any setting is changed the photo disappears or gets half/full shadowed by colors. cant see pic while editing.

2. gallery crashes randomly and sometimes FC.
3. number strting with country code doesnt display saved contacts name but just the number.
4. "customize status bar notification" in Status bar settings gives FC everytime i click on it.
5. System UI crash or FC randomly. But now its stable for few hours. :/
6. can't change lockscreen wallpaper if PIN unlock is enabled.
7.Battery is draining faster as compared to GB(v4 lasted 6 hours as compared to 10-12hrs on approx same usage of applications on GB). Especially while using Internet i.e Opera or Facebook or Whatsapp and such applications, battery drains faster.

Apart from tht really good first version of Miui v4. Keep making it better every week. Thanks. :)

Hi there.

first of al thank you for the amazing job. love the ROM.

I can't seem to move apps to SD, keep getting the message: "couldn't move app". any idea on how can i fix this?

thanks!

Minor Bug: in some apps, for example imdb , when i type in thr search box the font is white hence i cannot see what i type. Is it possible to fix?

Also is it me, or the touch could.be improved by being a bit more sensitive?compared to cyanogenmod this feels a bit less responsive when i try to switch between launcher screens.

Can someone confirm?

Sent from my GT-I9100

I use Galaxy SII with Miui Rom 2.3.16 ICS v4.0 :
* Anti Spam application does not work >>> Can not block calls and messages

When sending a MMS the Messaging application keeps crashing. Unable to resolve it, had to factory reset/reflash to get it solved. Running SGS2 with 2.3.16.

Almost checked the whole bug section and beginning to think I'm the only one having this serious bug:

When I want to lock my SGS2 and tap the power button the screen goes black. So far so good, but when I press the home button or power button to see my lockscreen nothing happens! Screen stay's black. Which means every time I get to the lockscreen I have to hold my power button or remove the battery to use my phone again.

Maybe it's my own fault since I did this:
- Updated using the builtin update function.
- Rebooted my phone, it was stuck at the boot logo.

Then I rememberd it would be better to do a wipe. So I booted in recovery, cleared the cache, dalvik and clear user data option. Then my phone booted again but had this bug ^.

Will try to do a full wipe and then reinstall the MUIU rom.

Sensation:
Protected App mode doesn't work
Firewall doesn't work
Android Keyboard FC until you switch to touch imput
Apps open a little sluggish.

Overall pretty tight for a beta.

Ive just flashed 1.7.x to 2.3.16 on my S2 and first of all I want to thank the developers for putting in the time to get this excellent rom up and running (and ofc props to the CM9 developers).

Had no real issues with the update (just wiped everything besides my sdcard), besides the obvious (no MHL and poor cameradrivers, which I blame on samsung not opensourcing those), I did notice a few small issues (not blocking):

1. according to my system monitor only 1 core is shown/being used (system panel), it does however detect 2 cores.
2. even with forcing GPU/hw rendering for everything it can feel sluggish, this primairily happens with the MIUI launcher (go launcher seems snappier for example).
4. battery drain is slightly worse compared to the 1.7.x GB rom I ran before.
5. it seems to have more issues with setting the proper light intensity if I enable automatic brightness (and with issues I mean that it randomly goes too bright when there is enough ligt and tends to show small fluctuations with stable background light)
6. not everything is themed yet, which isnt really and issue since it doesnt hinder functionality

I also wonder if there is a bugtracker for miui specific bugs, I cant seem to find it on this site or on http://en.miui.com/

Anyway, keep up the good work ;)

too many FC.
morning, my phone forgot to ring the alarm.
was totally blocked.
I removed the battery and everything was ok.
I was late to work ...
update is done with or without wifi set.
expect a better version.
galaxy and i9000

Samsung just released the ICS binaries for Galaxy S2...maybe these will help a bit in polishing some bugs and improving the camera performance?

my lg optimus 2x browser do not connect during data connection, ok in wifi. dolphin browser works too.

I've tested the miui v4 for sgs2 for a couple of days. Overall, it's pretty basic, but functions well. I found that the browser doesn't fit the pages to the screen, the 3g/2g toggle causing an fc, setting the phone to mute in silent mode doesn't work either, it keeps going back to vibrate.
Also, it looks like this version eats up ram, even without running demanding apps I got about 300 - 400 free memory. On GB I've got about 600 free memory.

Am looking forward to future updates (and of course miui v4 in dutch ;) )

When I connect the headset, sound still comes out of the phones speakers.
This happened when I was browsing the ringtones.

I keep getting lockups from time to time when I lock my SGS2 and try to start wake the screen late on.
I just can't get it up and running again without holding power for a while longer(ca +2sec) that I usually have to, and then it boot up...
Sometimes when I play music it just stop, and when I try to turn it on to see why it stopped, I have to power it on again.
Have also happened on other occations.

Really annoying!

There is a bug with the Samsung Keyboard 3x4... if type letters it comes up only number!
Please fix it because the Rom is really fantastic!

anyone facing bug with wifi tethering and unable to connect to adhoc?
having the same issue with both versions of 2.3.16 on my Sensation as well. Even tried Barnacle WiFi tethering but nothing works. Hoping it gets fixed soon because I use that for my tablet.

having the same issue with both versions of 2.3.16 on my Sensation as well. Even tried Barnacle WiFi tethering but nothing works. Hoping it gets fixed soon because I use that for my tablet.

This issue is really very unpleasant. I got a stable version, in which this feature is working, is 2.1.20. While not resolve, do not change the version, because I need it to access the internet on my notebook. :mad:

Hi there.

I can't seem to move apps to SD, keep getting the message: "COULDN'T MOVE APP". any idea on how can i fix this?

thanks for the amazing work!

Status
Not open for further replies.