In Progress 2.3.30 - Flashligh on when unlocking. - SGS2

Daxal

Members
Apr 4, 2012
Hello,
Thanks for a great rom ! Every update is doing great changes :)

But think i found/encountered a bug, sometimes when i push the "home" button to unlock, the flashlight turns on. It happened during 2.3.23 also but a lot oftener.

Tell me if you need logcat or so ?

PS : amazing battery life :)

I was able to recreate this bug as follows:
Hold the home button for about a second, the miui flashlight just about appears then disappears. the later causes the flashlight to turn on and it won't turn off, till you long press the home button again.
I hope this helps.

I forgot to add that you must be in the locked screen view for the above to work.

Yes this bug is still on 2.4.6. It's easy to reproduce. On the lock screen do a long-press of the home button, then immediately after you let go do a normal press.

The long press should only be about half a second (i.e. you should let go before the flash turns on).

I posted it on MIUI forums and it was confirmed a couple of hours later. Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait until this upcoming Friday :/

I posted it on MIUI forums and it was confirmed a couple of hours later. Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait until this upcoming Friday :/
Thanks, that's great :) I just wanted to know if something was happening or not. I can wait, I'm patient...... :p

This bug is still there! Sometimes when I try to wake my phone I press the home button but MUIU rom thinks I'm pressing the home button for 5 sec but in reality it's 0,5 sec. This causes the flashlight to go on and can only be turned off when long pressing home and then release the button.

PLEASE fix this bug on SGS2!!

Edit: Please note, I'm using the latest version of MIUI.

This bug has been here for a very long time now. Luckily it don't happend NEARLY as often any more.
To shut it off, lock phone and wake and hold home again. If you try in other ways the phone can reboot... mine has.

I dont have the latest version of miui but i still have the bug.

SGS2 - miui version 2.9.16