Resolved [2.4.20] [SGS2] Calendar widget won't update

fpego

Members
Apr 27, 2012
Version: MIUI 2.4.20 (and all ICS before this one)
Terminal: Samsung Galaxy S2
I normally install the ItalianLanguagePack, but this problem is present too withouth the language pack.

Problem: the "Calendar" widget doesn't update the events. To do so, I have to remove from the launcher and put it back manually, so can show the right events (just the ones from current time and going on, not the past ones), otherwise will always show the events the phone was boot with.

I also tryied to disable and re-enable google calendar sync in options, but didn't work.

I can confirm this bug is present since first MIUI v4 (SGS2) release and it's still present in 2.5.4.

No... the widget won't update itself most of the time. I've waited +24h to update... no luck.
Deleting the widget and restoring it, make the calendar update in realtime.

No... the widget won't update itself most of the time. I've waited +24h to update... no luck.
Deleting the widget and restoring it, make the calendar update in realtime.
Uhm, are you connected to the Internet? Usually when I'm offline it doesn't update me neither.

4ioo4o.png

I'm connected 24/7! ;)

With my SGS2 and 2.9.7 it's slow in refresing but eventually the widgets updates himself.
The problem is: eventually. It's not rare that I see past events on the screen, even hours after they were finished... but eventually they flush away.

This is marked Resolved, was there ever an answer to this? Found this by google, my widget doesn't like updating in a timely fashion either, the header is the correct date but in the scrollable widget itself, today is marked "Tomorrow". Wonder if it's a timezone issue???

edit: I saw this on JLB 5.0 and JLB 7.0 stable