Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at the NS 2.8.31 and its not in Chinese. Our ROMs haven't been posted yet :/ so wait 10 more minutes.

I know they haven't but I know a trick which allows me to download it slightly earlier before official announcement. ;) And I have checked the MD5 - matches perfectly, which means that these are the same files which you guys did.

As for the Chineese lockscreen part - this might be caused by the fact that I am flashing English version over the previous multi version which allowed me to change language to Polish. Do you think it is possible?

If you change anything in the ROM. Like 50% of our users do, then flash an upgrade and it doesn't have an updated file that you changed. Very bad things happen. OTA incrementals are a bad idea for such a vast community.

thanks for replaying, but if i don't make changes to the rom, can i use the update patches from the main miui website without having any problems? and what about the translation? will i have the new changes in chines?

I know they haven't but I know a trick which allows me to download it slightly earlier before official announcement. ;) And I have checked the MD5 - matches perfectly, which means that these are the same files which you guys did.

As for the Chineese lockscreen part - this might be caused by the fact that I am flashing English version over the previous multi version which allowed me to change language to Polish. Do you think it is possible?

Don't think so. The flash would of overwritten the lockscreen file which controls that.

does the rom come pre-loaded with Trinity kernel or stock kernel?

Stock kernel.
thanks for replaying, but if i don't make changes to the rom, can i use the update patches from the main miui website without having any problems? and what about the translation? will i have the new changes in chines?
If you use a Chinese OTA with a MIUIAndroid ROM. Lots of bad will happen. For one your not running a miui.com build, so it would conflict in a lot of places and create errors.

Wait for the rom's to be FULLY uploaded to all mirrors before rushing into uncharted waters were there is no help to be found

Don't think so. The flash would of overwritten the lockscreen file which controls that.

But I can still see my language set to Polish (which is not available for obvious reasons) and I suspect that language is being controlled globally as it would be bizarre to keep language settings for each system's component separately. All other apps (like google ones) are in polish too. But when I try to change the language I don't see the Polish available on the list - only two variations of English and couple of chineese ones. Maybe lockscreen falls back to default when it cannot find the translations for the currently selected one. Anyway this is a minor issue and I will see how it behave when I flash multi tomorrow. :)

Wait for the rom's to be FULLY uploaded to all mirrors before rushing into uncharted waters were there is no help to be found

Don't worry - I know what I am doing. ;)

Reactions: Pele
But I can still see my language set to Polish (which is not available for obvious reasons) and I suspect that language is being controlled globally as it would be bizarre to keep language settings for each system's component separately. All other apps (like google ones) are in polish too. But when I try to change the language I don't see the Polish available on the list - only two variations of English and couple of chineese ones. Maybe lockscreen falls back to default when it cannot find the translations for the currently selected one. Anyway this is a minor issue and I will see how it behave when I flash multi tomorrow. :)

Don't worry - I know what I am doing. ;)

That would be the case then. There was a LS issue and you need the new MULTI LS, which hasn't been released yet.

Great news:)

Btw. any news about JB for Galaxy S 2 (I9100)?
Or this weekly update is based on JB?

Great news:)

Btw. any news about JB for Galaxy S 2 (I9100)?
Or this weekly update is based on JB?

No, manufactures must release Official Jellybean updates to devices before we see MIUI 4.1 pushed to these devices.

I9100 is currently based on MIUI 4.0

No, manufactures must release Official Jellybean updates to devices before we see MIUI 4.1 pushed to these devices.
Ok, I knew that, but I think Samsung didn't release JB for I9000 which is supported by MIUI JB.

Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.