Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody! :)

I see 2.9.21 is available for for my Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) and I'm very excited to try it out. However, I have some doubts:

1 - Does this ROM come with brazilian Portuguese language (not for the OS itself, but to feed all the language-related apps and OS features, like the T9 and Swype dictionaries?)? If not, may I download and install a brazilian Portuguese language pack for this purpose (and how do I do it?)?

2 - Is this last version Jelly Bean already?

3 - How can I keep it updated with the latest versions? Does it update itself incrementally through the OS, or do I need to fully flash every newly released version of it over the previous one?

4 - What's the difference between the ROMs available in this site and those "official downloads" available on the chinese Miui site? (http://en.miui.com/download.html)

Sorry, I'm new to the Miui world and can't find any FAQ or post with the information above.

Thank you!

check the kernel it is stock with optimized code and mainline security fixes the only extra is voodoo sound and idle2
What's the problem? Install TWRP recovery and just install all at once:
Full rom + multilang + custom kernel.

MIUI will never put any custom kernel, ever. You should know it already...

And yes. It's custom.

Wysłane z mojego Nexus S

I'm having problem changing to landscape mode (but only in the sms app) after updating. This is regardless om keyboard used (have tried stock and swiftkey). Landscape mode works in other apps.
Anyone having this problem?

Found three more bugs.

1. Camera Quality of Pictures is actually feeling worse than before.

2. When we press Power button and screen goes off, we have to wait for a little while before pressing it again otherwise Lock Screen doesn't show right away, only the theme background from home screen does.

3. Pulling down notification drawer isn't smooth, it stutters.

Hope these too will be fixed in the next release.

Phone is Galaxy Nexus btw.

Reactions: jorsealways
Before I forget, can anyone tell me if it is possible to disable 180 Degree rotation?
Tried to find it but I'm feeling lost among the options in this layout, sorry. :D

Aborts every time I try to flash it for the Galaxy S 3. What should I do?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

I'm having problem changing to landscape mode (but only in the sms app) after updating. This is regardless om keyboard used (have tried stock and swiftkey). Landscape mode works in other apps.
Anyone having this problem?

Same here on htc sensation.

Hello everybody! :)

I see 2.9.21 is available for for my Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) and I'm very excited to try it out. However, I have some doubts:

1 - Does this ROM come with brazilian Portuguese language (not for the OS itself, but to feed all the language-related apps and OS features, like the T9 and Swype dictionaries?)? If not, may I download and install a brazilian Portuguese language pack for this purpose (and how do I do it?)?

2 - Is this last version Jelly Bean already?

3 - How can I keep it updated with the latest versions? Does it update itself incrementally through the OS, or do I need to fully flash every newly released version of it over the previous one?

4 - What's the difference between the ROMs available in this site and those "official downloads" available on the chinese Miui site? (http://en.miui.com/download.html)

Sorry, I'm new to the Miui world and can't find any FAQ or post with the information above.

Thank you!

1. This ROM comes with English every friday. On saturday, a language pack is released which includes many languages. (Poruguese isn't one of them because we have no translators for it.)

2. For SGS2, it's ICS. (At this moment, JB is only for crespo, maguro, toro, grouper.)

3. You can keep it updated via OTA Updater (included in the ROM). But every friday as a new version comes out, it's uploaded here first... updates for OTA come a bit later, so - if you want to upgrade as soon as a new version of ROM comes out, you'll have to come here (to the miuiandroid forum) and download the full ROM.
(You don't need to fully erase everything... just wipe cache and dalvik cache, and then flash the new version.)

4. The "official" downloads from MiUI site are mainly chinese and include an english translation. But this translation is more or less a "chinglish" translation; some things are translated, few translations remain in chinese, many translations are very bad... the version that you download from miuiandroid.com is "properly" translated; our translators are english native speakers, so everything is translated and the translations are good. (And there are some other minor modifications but I don't know the details.)

Status
Not open for further replies.