MIUI 11.2 20.1.2/4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do the same thing, but here it is about updating an Android 10 and I would like to understand also in this case I can make it dirty or I am forced to delete everything.
you mean you are from android 9 to android 10?
you already have an unlock bootloader?

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro Premium Edition using Tapatalk

Is it mandatory or recommended to do the "format data"? I'm not going to put everything right, I have too many apps

From what?
- From Official ROM or another ROM = Mandatory.
- From Stable Xiaomi.eu ROM = Recommended.
- From previous Weekly Xiaomi.eu ROM = Not needed (or in some rare cases...).

From what?
- From Official ROM or another ROM = Mandatory.
- From Stable Xiaomi.eu ROM = Recommended.
- From previous Weekly Xiaomi.eu ROM = Not needed (or in some rare cases...).
I have the miui eu on redmi note 7 latest version for this model, i just wanted to understand if i could update to 10 without doing a data format.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-09-22-53-08-264_com.android.systemui.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-01-09-22-53-08-264_com.android.systemui.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 359
I have the miui eu on redmi note 7 latest version for this model, i just wanted to understand if i could update to 10 without doing a data format.

Short answer: Yes - you can. At your own risk.

Normally an UPGRADE to higher versions is no problem. Android is converting databases etc to a (eventually) new format at the first boot.
That's the reason why a DOWNGRADE doesn't work. Nothing is converted. As normally stable is an older version than weekly - you have to do a format.

So, why on your risk? Because many things can go wrong. 1.) Weekly is a beta. There have to be some issues. If the conversion for upgrade has bugs... fail.
2.) nobody knows what mods you have on your phone. Some of them might disturb the upgrade.... fail. 3.) Nobody knows which apps your are using. Some of them might not be ready for a higher version. etc etc.

Therefore the clean installation (format) is mostly the better way. Make a backup. Test the dirty way and you will know. ;-)

Reactions: Nuno Rocha

Normally an UPGRADE to higher versions is no problem. Android is converting databases etc to a (eventually) new format at the first boot.
That's the reason why a DOWNGRADE doesn't work. Nothing is converted. As normally stable is an older version than weekly - you have to do a format.

So, why on your risk? Because many things can go wrong. 1.) Weekly is a beta. There have to be some issues. If the conversion for upgrade has bugs... fail.
2.) nobody knows what mods you have on your phone. Some of them might disturb the upgrade.... fail. 3.) Nobody knows which apps your are using. Some of them might not be ready for a higher version. etc etc.

Therefore the clean installation (format) is mostly the better way. Make a backup. Test the dirty way and you will know. ;-)
Well of course of course I would do a clean installation, I just haven't seen Lavander's Beta anymore ... Obviously I have SD and every update I would keep previous version, but I preferred Beta branch, stable is updated too little

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for the reply, do I have to backup by restore or locally from the phone settings?

Thanks a lot for the reply, do I have to backup by restore or locally from the phone settings?

I'm not really sure what you mean with "backup by restore"

In my eyes you have different options.
MIUI Backup (via settings). But be aware that in case of a format data you will wipe the backup-files. you have to copy them elsewhere.
TWRP for the catastrophy
Additional tools like Titanium (which I use if I change my rom completely. AOSP for example).
Normally I backup allways MIUI, TWRP and Google Backup. Yes, I'm a backup fetishist.
BUT only for the situation that something goes wrong.
If I do a clean install I restore almost nothing. Restoring and clean setup is somehow a discrepancy.
I start the Google setup assist and install from scratch. If clean installation, then really clean.
But honestly mostly I'm updating dirty without problems.

So you owe my some beer for teaching basics which you can find everywhere in the web. :-D

If you wanna have a personal advice then do some research about Android & Co before risking a brick.
Or go simply the way the devs are telling in post #1 and #2. It's the safe way for not so experienced people.
The rest ist SPAM. And now I'm guilty too.... :-D

I'm not really sure what you mean with "backup by restore"

In my eyes you have different options.
MIUI Backup (via settings). But be aware that in case of a format data you will wipe the backup-files. you have to copy them elsewhere.
TWRP for the catastrophy
Additional tools like Titanium (which I use if I change my rom completely. AOSP for example).
Normally I backup allways MIUI, TWRP and Google Backup. Yes, I'm a backup fetishist.
BUT only for the situation that something goes wrong.
If I do a clean install I restore almost nothing. Restoring and clean setup is somehow a discrepancy.
I start the Google setup assist and install from scratch. If clean installation, then really clean.
But honestly mostly I'm updating dirty without problems.

So you owe my some beer for teaching basics which you can find everywhere in the web. :-D

If you wanna have a personal advice then do some research about Android & Co before risking a brick.
Or go simply the way the devs are telling in post #1 and #2. It's the safe way for not so experienced people.
The rest ist SPAM. And now I'm guilty too.... :-D
Thanks a lot you are precise ;)

Guys, as I understand I have problem with sensors after all flashes of my Mi9. As I found out from this forum I can fix this with flashing persist partition separately, but I'm not sure how I can do this correctly and where I can get right partition image. Can someone help me?

Just to summarize findings about battery drain on MI9 see a comparison between wakelocks on android 9 ROM 9.8.1 and Android 10 ROM 20.1.4

Android Google play services wakelocks (on the left Android 9 on the right Android 10):
28 versus 9178 !!!

Android System wakelocks (on the left Android 9 on the right Android 10):
15 versus 7293 !!!

That would explain much better battery life on Android 9 versus Android 10 ROMS.
Guys I am not expert but something is really fuc..ed up with this. These values are hundreds of times more on Android 10 ROM.
Any comments from devs really appreciated.

Just to summarize findings about battery drain on MI9 see a comparison between wakelocks on android 9 ROM 9.8.1 and Android 10 ROM 20.1.4

Android Google play services wakelocks (on the left Android 9 on the right Android 10):
28 versus 9178 !!!

View attachment 27984

15 versus 7293 !!!

View attachment 27985

That would explain much better battery life on Android 9 versus Android 10 ROMS.
Guys I am not expert but something is really fuc..ed up with this. These values are hundreds of times more on Android 10 ROM.
I would like to add just that I was not experiencing any battery drain on Android 10 until 9.12.27 beta. Last 2 roms are terrible...

Poslano z mojega MI 9 z uporabo Tapatalk

Reactions: Mel-e and leobahlis

28 versus 9178 !!!

View attachment 27984

15 versus 7293 !!!

View attachment 27985

So far so good. But why don't you install a tool like Better Battery Stats to find out what's the reason for the wakelocks.
This could lead to a solution....

Happy new year to all!

I made a clean flash of this version on K20 Pro and so far no bug to report!

Thanks to the devs, this rom is very good!

Battery is perfect!
Netflix is working normally, video and normal audio.
No problems with AOD.
I was at version 5.12 and the slow motion was not working at 120fps and 240fps, now in this version everything is ok.

Nothing to complain about, just thank you for the great work!!!!!

There is a problem with Instagram's new function, Instagram Reels, it closes the app every time it posts a new video, but I tested it on the official global rom and the problem persists, so the bug is straight from Instagram itself.

I really like the MIUI.eu ROM truth, but hate that it's always sending data to somewhere, even if I don't use or have even signed into Xiaomi account or services and deselected all possible online options, I installed a Firewall and it's scary! Even when browsing the web if I download a simple PDF document the system download manager will send some criptic message to servers in China. Then there's the performance, it seems Good until you try other ROMs like the Lineage OS, the phone becomes incredibly fast and even the battery lasts longer, not to mention that those force closes apps disappear, MIUI is bloated also, how can this ROM be 1,7GB and Lineage be 0,7GB I know There's some installed apps but 1 GB plus it's just too much!

Reactions: LOLO9393
MI 9 User here:
I set AoD from always on to turn off after 10s. This improved my battery draining very much. I think there was a change in the last version which enabled the AoD setting in every circumstances. Before this update the display turns off if it was very dark around the phone.

MI 9 User here:
I set AoD from always on to turn off after 10s. This improved my battery draining very much. I think there was a change in the last version which enabled the AoD setting in every circumstances. Before this update the display turns off if it was very dark around the phone.

I have it completely turned off... and battery life is still *****...

Status
Not open for further replies.