MIUI 11.2 20.1.2/4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting, so with xiaomi when you flash a rom it doesnt wipe system partition first?it just overwrites?

if you want a clean setup, you have to format data and wipe everything ... your magisk modules are still there after a new firmware update but you always have to install magisk again ... not everything is overwritten.

In this case the magisk modules are stored in "/data/adb/modules" not under "system" and so they are not overwritten or deleted if you do a dirty install.
That means if you install a newer firmware over the older firmware without format data.

Further details on XDA Forum:

Last edited:
Here too, on Mi9Tpro. I tried to go back to version. 9.12. 5 but get error in twrp (file encrypt..)
Gboard glide leads to reboots,
Netflix is not HD anymore because of widevine L3, although our device should have L1.
Uninstall Gboard updates.
Whether a device has L1 or not depends on the ROM, not the device. So technically, your device should not have L1 since our builds are based on China ROM, which only supports L3. We don't have a workaround for that yet.

Reactions: Zezebro
we got the cc9 bootscreen on the mi 9 lite with the eu rom. is there a way to get the Mi9lite bootscreen back without messing up the system with magisk?

Also had random rebooting on Mi 9T Pro, it says Find Device closed unexpectedly when it reboots.

Edit: uninstalling gboard updates hasn't helped.

Last edited:
I flashed my Mi CC9 clean after I found a few small bugs in the dirty flash.
Half of the small bugs are now gone. I can always recommend flashing the beta roms clean.

Uninstall Gboard updates.
Whether a device has L1 or not depends on the ROM, not the device. So technically, your device should not have L1 since our builds are based on China ROM, which only supports L3. We don't have a workaround for that yet.
If there is no workaround, why was is working in former versions, like 9.12.5?

If there is no workaround, why was is working in former versions, like 9.12.5?

If it's same as Mi 9T (not "Pro"), you can try to install 9.12.5 update and backup/save "/vendor/lib/liboemcrypto.so" and "/vendor/lib64/liboemcrypto.so" (with root + Solid Explorer app or TWRP File Manager) then install 20.1.2 and replace these two files. ;)

Reactions: Kentrath
Also had random rebooting on Mi 9T Pro, it says Find Device closed unexpectedly when it reboots.

Edit: uninstalling gboard updates hasn't helped.
Same problem with my K20 Pro. Random reboots and message FInd Device closed unexpectedly.

Can I install over this version the version before (make a dirty flash with previous version - 9.12.26)?
Mine mi9t (davinci) have more battery issue than before...more activity in deep sleep than the older version...
Thanks

Can I install over this version the version before (make a dirty flash with previous version - 9.12.26)?
Mine mi9t (davinci) have more battery issue than before...more activity in deep sleep than the older version...
Thanks

Hi... mostly it will not work and end with issues in the apps. You can try it, perhaps everything is fine.

If you notice any issues, you will have to do a clean flash (format data, wipe) and make a backup before you format / wipe.

Thanks

What is using "more" your battery on 20.1.2?
What you can do => Disable "Email" app if you don't use it or downgrade it => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/emaill-app-sync-issues-version-20191206.54102/
I have a Mi 9T too and I don't see a signifiant change for the battery yet...
EDIT: And you can try to wipe Dalvik&Cache in TWRP first, it will not hurt. :)

Thanks
Some will say clean flash required. I have rolled back dirty, wiping dalvik and cache first. The only issues I had was that the Google app stopped working, as did Mi Health. Mi Health I disable anyway, Google I simply uninstalled the updates, rebooted, updated Google in play store, rebooted, and all fine.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.