MIUI 12.2 20.10.22

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried to upgrade to this version from 12.0.2.0 on a pyxis - and it rebootet into twrp without any other notice. Wiping cache/dalvik didn't change this.

(Upgrade was done by copying the zip to the phone and install it with twrp).

What did I miss?

(btw: I now reinstalled 12.0.2.0 with twrp and it boots....so I can use my phone...)
What did I miss?.....
- May be format data in TWRP.

Hello, a question for mi note 10 tucana, how can I switch from the EU version 20.9.17 to the latest version with android 11 always EU without losing data by just wipe dirty? thank you
That's not a "switch", it's an "update". ^^
So dirty flash and you will not lose your data. ;)

I'm getting a lot of weird stuff after a dirty flash (can't remember which version, definitely not stable, but at least as recent as 20.6.18). Immediately on boot, I get a lot of crash notifications of system apps like mi cloud. As you can see from the screenshots, a lot of the system apps have broken names. From reading the posts here, it sounds like dark mode has some issues (can see my settings look weird), I noticed that I can't access the additional dark mode settings, it just crashes to launcher. Settings the phone to light mode doesn't really improve things though, I still the weird app names and system apps crashing regularly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-27-13-55-37-595_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-27-13-55-37-595_com.android.settings.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 284
  • Screenshot_2020-10-27-13-56-05-742_com.actionlauncher.playstore.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-27-13-56-05-742_com.actionlauncher.playstore.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 281
  • Screenshot_2020-10-27-13-56-17-652_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-27-13-56-17-652_com.android.settings.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 284
  • Screenshot_2020-10-27-13-56-26-860_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-27-13-56-26-860_com.android.settings.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 274
I'm getting a lot of weird stuff after a dirty flash (can't remember which version, definitely not stable, but at least as recent as 20.6.18). Immediately on boot, I get a lot of crash notifications of system apps like mi cloud. As you can see from the screenshots, a lot of the system apps have broken names. From reading the posts here, it sounds like dark mode has some issues (can see my settings look weird), I noticed that I can't access the additional dark mode settings, it just crashes to launcher. Settings the phone to light mode doesn't really improve things though, I still the weird app names and system apps crashing regularly.
Hello, when you take a screenshot of a crash => Please take a screenshot of the "View summary" page. ;)

All these issues you have are coming from apps caching issue, you need to remove "/data/system/package_cache" folder. :)

If you can't remove it in TWRP because you see encrypted files (random letters and numbers), you have to install Magisk (root) and use a file manager app with root permissions.

Reactions: Dippndots
Hello, when you take a screenshot of a crash => Please take a screenshot of the "View summary" page. ;)

All these issues you have are coming from apps caching issue, you need to remove "/data/system/package_cache" folder. :)

If you can't remove it in TWRP because you see encrypted files (random letters and numbers), you have to install Magisk (root) and use a file manager app with root permissions.

I actually can't "View Summary" because Feedback keeps crashing too. I'll install Magisk and give your second suggestion a shot.

Reactions: Poney70
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

U gotta try this new feature.. lovely update for the launcher
c359d83785f6c0bfc5b3d4f977764197.jpg

Sent from my Mi9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Hey team
I can not switch adb wireless debugging on in developer tools. Is this something you can take a look at, or does it depends on Xiaomi weekly releases?

Thank you for your great job!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

U gotta try this new feature.. lovely update for the launcher
c359d83785f6c0bfc5b3d4f977764197.jpg

Sent from my Mi9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk
have you updated the launcher?

I am having some issues with this release (coming from 20.10.15/16) on my Xiaomi Mi 10.
Version 20.10.15/16 had an issue when you were in e.g. Whatsapp and then clicked on the 3 lines (left bottom on the phone itself). It would loop close Whatsapp indefintely.

In this version that is fixed. I tested it and it's not doing that anymore.

However I am experiencing now a bigger issue. When I run Google Maps or Flitsmeister (which is for traffic camera's) it will stay open for anywhere between 30 seconds and a few minutes and than crashes (you can see the background reloading) and it turns the screen off (trying to use Face recognisition or thumb).

Unfortunately I have no clue what I have to do to give you the necessary information for it. Logs probably?
I didn't experience this issue on the previous release and I have this phone only (active) for 2 weeks. Had to a week before I could unlock it.

How did I flash?
- Transfered the new ZIP file to the phone.
- Rebooted to TWRP (also that doesn't work very well with pattern enabled; seems input is misplaced on the screen)
- Installed the new version
- Wipe Dalvik/Cache (I still remember that one from the early days when I had a Xiaomi)

I tried rebooting it in the meantime and wiping Dalvik/Cache again, but no luck.

Oh and one more thing; I also had this on the previous version. Whenever I use the power adapter to fast charge my Xiaomi Mi 10 phone, the animation is messed up. I did not have this issue with the stock version which was installed on my phone originally (I think Global version).

If I do need to provide more information, no problem, but please do mention which ones and where from.

//EDIT 1

I also checked several posts here, but couldn't find anything related to be honest. I wanted to try:

Setting - apps - installed apps - health - wipe data
But I couldn't find that option? Will check again (switching to English for this).

Just checked the above again by going: Settings > Apps > but here it's missing "Installed apps"
I only have: System app settings / Manage apps / Duals apps / Permissions / App lock (and noone of them has an "Health"-option).

Ugh, never mind that part. The post was really about the Health application. * facepalm *

And what about wiping "/data/system/package_cache " would that help?

//EDIT 2

Just checked the above again by going: Settings > Apps > but here it's missing "Installed apps"
I only have: System app settings / Manage apps / Duals apps / Permissions / App lock (and noone of them has an "Health"-option).

Also, no clue if it's helpful; I use Nova Launcer (Prime) on most of my phones and also on my Xiaomi Mi 10 now. Why? Because of the many settings and I love it (especially restoring the icons in the correct place). Maybe that's causing issues?

Last edited:
Poblemy with the stream. I can't connect to smart TV. I didn't have such problems before
I wonder if this is a Xiaomi problem. I cannot connect from my Mi 10 either.
I used to be able to connect to my laptop (casting) from my Mi6. I have not done anything with that, and now I cannot connect it to my laptop.
I have also been having problems with Bluetooth, and I had not changed any settings. This therefore makes me think that it is a Microsoft update which is causing all of these problems.

I do not know if other people are experiencing similar problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.