MIUI 12.3 20.11.11/12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on a Mi 9 with TWRP (not sure which version). All the updates always work fine OTA from the updater for me, should this one work fine that way too? Just checking cause I'm confused as to whether any of this TWRP update/incompatibility applies to me.

I put back "old Chinese" recovery after flashing this week's rom with fastboot method on my Poco F2. It works like a charm.
Does it decrypt the data and do you have the link Many thanks

تم الإرسال من Redmi K30 Pro باستخدام Tapatalk

Hey guys i have a problem, im using Nova Launcher and i cant use gestures, the swipe up didnt work on apps.

There is any solution for this?

Thanks

Please, how to install on mi note 10? Now I have official 12.0.1, open bootloader and stock recovery. Thanks in advance.

It is to advise you are going, when installing yhe rom, to have a reboot with a twrp flash in order to replace outdated one.
You can avoid this install, if you want, by deleting TWRP folder in the zip rom. not recommended!
i looked in the zip, there is no twrp folder, just a twrp.img file. Is that what you mean. So deleting this file prevents twrp upgrading?

Reactions: katerpanne
According to the ChangeLog (copied in post #193 above) the updating of the TWRP recovery in this week's ROM only relates to cmi umi, & lmi. (I use Mi 10 - umi).
I didnt get what you mean with these umi's and etc. Been having too much headache with this xiaomi.eu, might just switch to stock with xiamitoolv2.

Yes, in one poste of me a developer says thats actually not possible on mi9t
Yes, not possible until there's a Global ROM based on Android 11 for Mi 9T.

The play market was renamed to the play store, and also became in English, half in Russian, half in English, how to fix this?
it also happens with the Italian language
Google already fixed that. Simply update Play Store, we already updated for next release:

Τhis happened because you try to flash the twrp or you flash twrp after issues started ..
Just to know , as you can see command failed cause can't load because of authenticity of boot img ..
You can take a boot.img from a previous rom to flash it with command ..
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Then you can go with command ..
fastboot boot twrp.img
After that phone will enter twrp and you can flash a rom ( remember that you cannot boot to system without flashing because you change boot.img , you must flash a rom ) ..

Edit
Can you see root folders with new twrp now ?? Not storage ( you can't anyway because of decryption issue )..
Can you find a folder called sideload ???
i was on previous recovery and rom (eu) so rebooted no twrp only fastboot
i did fastboot boot recovery.img (the previous one) wiht error
yes i see sideload folder

I also had that problem with my Mi 10 - umi.
I cannot remember where I saw it but, this is how I dealt with it:
After I flashed the TWRP, I rebooted to system (fastboot reboot).
The next time I went into Fastboot, I only rebooted into the TWRP recovery (fastboot boot [recovery.img])
That seemed to sort it out.
Apparently, if you flash the recovery and then boot into it at the same time, it causes the FAILED error.
i did but cannot load rom or see internal storage (for crypt)

i looked in the zip, there is no twrp folder, just a twrp.img file. Is that what you mean. So deleting this file prevents twrp upgrading?
If there is no recovery folder should be somewhere inside the zip , in firmware-update folder should be a file twrp.img or recovery.img 128mb ..
Or you can see the path by looking at updater script , the line with name recovery or twrp they saw you the path ..

i was on previous recovery and rom (eu) so rebooted no twrp only fastboot
i did fastboot boot recovery.img (the previous one) wiht error
yes i see sideload folder
If you don't have an otg , until then you can update by doing this ...
How to flash a rom with encrypted twrp ??
Well , get in twrp and hit install ..
The first line says .. UP a Level ( the other folders has random letters or empty space )
Hit Up A Level and you will see readable folders , you will see a folder named sideload ..
Go back to twrp menu and connect your phone to pc ..
Rename your zip rom to something easy , like MI10.zip and put it in adb folder ( the folder which you flash twrp )..
Open a cmd and type ..
adb devices ( cmd will recognize your device )
adb push MI10.zip /sideload/MI10.zip
Now you have to wait almost ten minutes to copy the rom to sideload folder ..
Do not stop copying procedure , just wait and will finish ..
After copying the rom you can now install the update ..
Hit Install button ..
Then Up A Level option ..
Go to sideload folder and you will see the rom you copy to install it ..
Swipe to confirm flash ..
The rom zip will be deleted from sideload folder after you reboot your device to system..

Last edited:
If there is no recovery folder shoukd be somewhere inside the zip , in firmware-update folder should be a file twrp.img or recovery.img 128mb ..
Or you can see the path by looking at updater script , the line with name recovery or twrp they saw you the path ..
ui_print("Target: Xiaomi/cmi/cmi:11/RKQ1.200826.002/20.11.12:user/release-keys");

ui_print("Flashing TWRP recovery...");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/recovery.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery");

i am trying to get answer if flashing this, complete, rebooting to system, setting up , back to twrp USB_OTG and flash 0623 twrp, all working?
Because i also want to get the possibility to use custom rom, like aosp. new twrp doenst like aosp.

So can you asnwer this?

Thank you very much for your work!!!
I am new in the xiaomi world and I need your help.
I just installed 20.11.12 on my K30pro zoom and now I don't know how to install the new TWRP....Is there a guide to install the TWRP?
Or...I don't understand if in the new 20.11.12 is present the new TWRP.....
You wrote "Your recovery will be replaced automatically during 20.11.11/12 install as well"....after the 20.11.12 installation now I already the new TWRP and
I don't have to do anything?
thnks

About TWRP issue for cmi/umi/lmi: it has been fixed by new TWRP builds for these devices - download these builds here: Mi 10 Pro, Redmi K30 Pro, Mi 10.
If you are flashing our ROM first time - flash these recoveries ONLY AFTER FLASH 20.10.15 and above for cmi/lmi, AFTER 20.11.5 for umi - otherwise you will get infinitive blinks on TWRP splash! Your recovery will be replaced automatically during 20.11.11/12 install as well. These TWRP builds don't support /data decryption - next updates have to be installed via USB-OTG (adb sideload doesn't work).
Starting this week Xiaomi has changed beta release strategy - our Friday MIUI releases will be based on Wednesday builds, not Thursday!
Android 10 releases this week = 20.11.11, Android 11 = 20.11.12

If there is no recovery folder shoukd be somewhere inside the zip , in firmware-update folder should be a file twrp.img or recovery.img 128mb ..

If you don't have an otg , until then you can update by doing this ...
How to flash a rom with encrypted twrp ??
Well , get in twrp and hit install ..
The first line says .. UP a Level ( the other folders has random letters or empty space )
Hit Up A Level and you will see readable folders , you will see a folder named sideload ..
Go back to twrp menu and connect your phone to pc ..
Rename your zip rom to something easy , like MI10.zip and put it in adb folder ( the folder which you flash twrp )..
Open a cmd and type ..
adb devices ( cmd will recognize your device )
adb push MI10.zip /sideload/MI10.zip
Now you have to wait almost ten minutes to copy the rom to sideload folder ..
Do not stop copying procedure , just wait and will finish ..
After copying the rom you can now install the update ..
Hit Install button ..
Then Up A Level option ..
Go to sideload folder and you will see the rom you copy to install it ..
Swipe to confirm flash ..
The rom zip will be deleted from sideload folder after you reboot your device to system..
when i do adb push /sideload/mi10.zip it load till 100%

root@chris-LIFEBOOK-E556:/home/chris/Downloads# adb devices
List of devices attached
895a814c recovery

root@chris-LIFEBOOK-E556:/home/chris/Downloads# adb push mi10.zip /sideload/mi10.zip
adb: error: failed to copy 'mi10.zip' to '/sideload/mi10.zip': remote write failed: No space left on device
mi10.zip: 0 files pushed. 36.6 MB/s (3731685376 bytes in 97.263s)

Is allowed to ask for a mirror, I can't download this week rom from both sites, their server are so crappy.
Also if I'm coming from 20.10.30 (Mi 10) and I flash 20.11.12 I should be good with twrp because it will overwrite twrp right, without remove pattern or pin whatsoever? And then reflash 3.4.2b with fastboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.