MIUI 12.3 20.11.11/12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for your work!!!
I am new in the xiaomi world and I need your help.
I just installed 20.11.12 on my K30pro zoom and now I don't know how to install the new TWRP....Is there a guide to install the TWRP?
Or...I don't understand if in the new 20.11.12 is present the new TWRP.....
You wrote "Your recovery will be replaced automatically during 20.11.11/12 install as well"....after the 20.11.12 installation now I already the new TWRP and
I don't have to do anything?
thnks

"About TWRP issue for cmi/umi/lmi: it has been fixed by new TWRP builds for these devices - download these builds here: Mi 10 Pro, Redmi K30 Pro, Mi 10.
If you are flashing our ROM first time - flash these recoveries ONLY AFTER FLASH 20.10.15 and above for cmi/lmi, AFTER 20.11.5 for umi - otherwise you will get infinitive blinks on TWRP splash! Your recovery will be replaced automatically during 20.11.11/12 install as well. These TWRP builds don't support /data decryption - next updates have to be installed via USB-OTG (adb sideload doesn't work).
Starting this week Xiaomi has changed beta release strategy - our Friday MIUI releases will be based on Wednesday builds, not Thursday!
Android 10 releases this week = 20.11.11, Android 11 = 20.11.12"

ui_print("Target: Xiaomi/cmi/cmi:11/RKQ1.200826.002/20.11.12:user/release-keys");

ui_print("Flashing TWRP recovery...");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/recovery.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery");

i am trying to get answer if flashing this, complete, rebooting to system, setting up , back to twrp USB_OTG and flash 0623 twrp, all working?
Because i also want to get the possibility to use custom rom, like aosp. new twrp doenst like aosp.

So can you asnwer this?
You cannot anymore flash 0623 twrp , the only way is to boot only as you know ..
If you did that you will see only fastboot screen ..
There is no need to do something like that ..

when i do adb push /sideload/mi10.zip it load till 100%

root@chris-LIFEBOOK-E556:/home/chris/Downloads# adb devices
List of devices attached
895a814c recovery

root@chris-LIFEBOOK-E556:/home/chris/Downloads# adb push mi10.zip /sideload/mi10.zip
adb: error: failed to copy 'mi10.zip' to '/sideload/mi10.zip': remote write failed: No space left on device
mi10.zip: 0 files pushed. 36.6 MB/s (3731685376 bytes in 97.263s)
Take a look at the folders and try to copy to other folder , it's too big ..
Try to usb-otg folder ..
If it still says that is too big then try this ..
Take boot.img from previous rom 20.11.5 , put it in adb folder ..
Enter fastboot mode , connect your phone
fastboot devices
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot ( hit enter now and volume down to enter fastboot again )..
fastboot boot twrp_umi.img ( try like that to load 0623 twrp )..

EDIT
If you still have the failed to load authenticate boot.img , then you have to use an older boot.img cause there is the problem and it can't load twrp ..
Remember that when you flash other boot.img ( 20.11.5 ) you cannot boot to system , you have to flash again boot.img of rom you have ( 20.11.12 in your case ) ..

I didnt get what you mean with these umi's and etc. Been having too much headache with this xiaomi.eu, might just switch to stock with xiamitoolv2.
If you look at the first post in this thread, there is a table that tells you what your board name is. These are the cmi / lmi / umi names. If your phone is not one of these, then this issue should not affect you.

Reactions: Nicolasminote10
You cannot anymore flash 0623 twrp , the only way is to boot only as you know ..

Take a look at the folders and try to copy to other folder , it's too big ..
Try to usb-otg folder ..
If it still says that is too big then try this ..
Take boot.img from previous rom 20.11.5 , put it in adb folder ..
Enter fastboot mode , connect your phone
fastboot devices
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot ( hit enter now and volume down to enter fastboot again )..
fastboot boot twrp_umi.img ( try like that to load 0623 twrp )..

EDIT
If you still have the failed to load authenticate boot.img , then you have to use an older boot.img cause there is the problem and it can't load twrp ..
Remember that when you flash other boot.img ( 20.11.5 ) you cannot boot to system , you have to flash again boot.img of rom you have ( 20.11.12 in your case ) ..
Ok. So i cant use aosp roms anymore. That's a big question i have to answer... Aosp dont work with latest twrp

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi 10 Pro met Tapatalk

What about the servers?? I am trying to download for the pocof2pro and there is no way, download very slowly and cut the download continuously.

Edit: this post is repeat, sorry.

For Ultra do I need new TWRP? (I have not updated it since the Chinese TWRP at phone release).

The zip downloads but just stays as md5 from the Updater app which is different..

Today I installed MIUI 12.3 20.11.11/12
on my Mi 9T and since every time i flash Magisk 20.4 through twrp i get a bootloop with orange screen error saying my device has crashed and it's the first time it happens with any of your ROMS, i would really appreciate any help

Hey guys, a little question, I have a mi 10 with the weekly 20.10.30, is it possible to enter twrp and by otg flash the ROM? Thanks!!

Enviado desde mi Mi 10 mediante Tapatalk

EDIT
That has not been the case with me. I have just booted into 6.4.2b (0623) successfully, re-installed this week's ROM (20-11-12) and Magisk, and now just rebooted successfully back into the system (my phone). There has been no problem with it. I am keeping the new TWRP that was installed with this week's ROM, and just booting into the other TWRP:
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-0623-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img

For the moment, I intend to keep working like that. Before I update with the new ROM, I always take a backup anyway.

Reactions: marcel112
For Ultra do I need new TWRP? (I have not updated it since the Chinese TWRP at phone release).

The zip downloads but just stays as md5 from the Updater app which is different..
no. use it as it is w/o issues
only devices umi, cmi + lmi have to update due to A11 & TWRP issues.
also the MD5 must match - confirmation that what you downloaded is not corrupted !

Last edited:
Reactions: ToneLa
Hey guys, a little question, I have a mi 10 with the weekly 20.10.30, is it possible to enter twrp and by otg flash the ROM? Thanks!!

Enviado desde mi Mi 10 mediante Tapatalk
I'm also in your situation, for what I understood, we can update with this last rom without problem since the twrp is flashed in the process of updating
I hope im right btw
P.S: However I'm not the only one facing issue with download since servers are not working correctly, so download this weekly seems impossible for now

Reactions: jesuslinuesa
Today I installed MIUI 12.3 20.11.11/12
on my Mi 9T and since every time i flash Magisk 20.4 through twrp i get a bootloop with orange screen error saying my device has crashed and it's the first time it happens with any of your ROMS, i would really appreciate any help
I don't know if it helps, but try Magisk Canary V21006 or today update 21101 (this flashed successfully on my Mi10)
Hope you will come to TWRP

That has not been the case with me. I have just booted into 6.4.2b (0623) successfully, re-installed this week's ROM (20-11-12) and Magisk, and now just rebooted successfully back into the system (my phone). There has been no problem with it. I am keeping the new TWRP that was installed with this week's ROM, and just booting into the other TWRP:
fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-0623-XIAOMI10-CN-wzsx150.img

For the moment, I intend to keep working like that. Before I update with the new ROM, I always take a backup anyway.
Ok fastboot boot... 0623. But van you actually fastboot flash twrp.img successfully ?

Can anyone share the Miui system launcher.apk from this rom?
I want to install that in my stable rom.
Because the Miui system launcher alpha apk is missing many functions such as double tap to lock.
Thank you.

Ok fastboot boot... 0623. But van you actually fastboot flash twrp.img successfully ?

Yes - no problem at all. It decrypts, and does everything that it should do (as far as I know!) For the moment anyway ;)
I have not touched the TWRP that came with this week's ROM, so that is still in memory.
So I still have my TWRP backup, Titanium backup, and my MyPhoneExplorer backup. So I am fairly well covered!

Reactions: marcel112
I just installed 20.11.12 on my K30pro zoom and now I don't know how to install the new TWRP....Is there a guide to install the TWRP?
You wrote "Your recovery will be replaced automatically during 20.11.11/12 install as well"....after the 20.11.12 installation now I already the new TWRP and
thnks

"About TWRP issue for cmi/umi/lmi: it has been fixed by new TWRP builds for these devices - download these builds here: Mi 10 Pro, Redmi K30 Pro, Mi 10.
If you are flashing our ROM first time - flash these recoveries ONLY AFTER FLASH 20.10.15 and above for cmi/lmi, AFTER 20.11.5 for umi - otherwise you will get infinitive blinks on TWRP splash! Your recovery will be replaced automatically during 20.11.11/12 install as well. These TWRP builds don't support /data decryption - next updates have to be installed via USB-OTG (adb sideload doesn't work).
Starting this week Xiaomi has changed beta release strategy - our Friday MIUI releases will be based on Wednesday builds, not Thursday!

thnks

it should be already installed. but you can check that easy by boot into recovery using the power menu (activate it first using developer settings) or volume buttons if no extended menu. the new twrp should allow that (it does not do decryption) and then you can boot to system w/o issues.
if it checks, next week you need otg to load / copy new rom zip (!) enjoy !

Status
Not open for further replies.