MIUI 12.3 20.11.11/12

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello team! My Poco F2 Pro is force closing the apps especially the system apps. It's not giving any force close toast, just the app crashing like it happens all the time. It's been like this since the past builds. I tried flashing from cn stable rom and global stable rom, still same results. Anyone who knows what's triggering the FC? I'm not using any root apps or font. Just this rom itself. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello team! My Poco F2 Pro is force closing the apps specially the system apps. It's not giving any force close toast, just the app crashing like it happens all the time. It's been like this since the past builds. I tried flashing from cn stable rom and global stable rom, still same results. Anyone who knows what's triggering the FC? I'm not using any root apps or font. Just this rom itself. Thank you!
When you install the new ROMs, do you clear Dalvik and Cache, and delete the /data/system/package_cache folder?

When you install the new ROMs, do you clear Dalvik and Cache, and delete the /data/system/package_cache folder?
Hi, thanks for your reply! I just did Format Data, the one when you type 'yes' to format. Should we also clear Dalvik and Cache? Not sure how to delete the /data/system/package_cache folder though.

I can't even screen record to show the apps force closing because the recorder app also force closes right after starting the record. Hahaha basically almost all system apps crashes without crash report toast. Themes, clock, calendar, file manager, security, notes to name a few. Would highly appreciate if the tester for Poco F2 Pro replies on this issue :)

Hi, thanks for your reply! I just did Format Data, the one when you type 'yes' to format. Should we also clear Dalvik and Cache? Not sure how to delete the /data/system/package_cache folder though.
You shouldn't, under normal circumstances, need to format when going from week to week. But clearing the Dalvik and Cache, and deleting the package_cache folder can often help. I now do that automatically when installing the new ROMs. And I virtually never get problems week to week.
If those do not work, then yes, more drastic action may be needed, like the formatting, or even a factory reset. This could be especially if you have inherited problems which you cannot seem to shake off.

You shouldn't, under normal circumstances, need to format when going from week to week. But clearing the Dalvik and Cache, and deleting the package_cache folder can often help. I now do that automatically when installing the new ROMs. And I virtually never get problems week to week.
If those do not work, then yes, more drastic action may be needed, like the formatting, or even a factory reset. This could be especially if you have inherited problems which you cannot seem to shake off.
I just went from cn stable and global stable just to see if the issue is just for cn stable to weekly. Unfortunately, even when I'm from global stable, system apps still crashes.

I just went from cn stable and global stable just to see if the issue is just for cn stable to weekly. Unfortunately, even when I'm from global stable, system apps still crashes.
And I already tried to perform a factory reset. In the first few mins, everything seems to be working flawlessly. However, in just about an hour my file manager is crashing everytime I look for the game folder. It's just annoying. Even as simple as setting up an alarm, it's crashing.

Now, Genshin Impact is starting to force close. LOL

Wait. You mean you can use the 6.4.2b - 0623 recovery as normal on mi 10 pro? Boot directly to it? Not just boot it from fastboot?
Mi 10 - umi
I have the 'new' TWRP (6.4.0) in memory (as installed with this week's ROM), so a normal boot to recovery brings up the 'new' TWRP recovery. I always boot into 6.4.2b from Fastboot. I do not intend to flash / install the 6.4.2b recovery into memory.

Yes, I flashed the 12.0.3.0 thru MiFlash, then after that I once again rebooted the phone to Fastboot to flash the latest xiaomi.eu build. I just performed Format Data though.
It's very frustrating when it doesn't work properly. There are so many different suggestions, from different people, with different results (all well-meaning); it's difficult to know exactly what to do!
;)

It's very frustrating when it doesn't work properly. There are so many different suggestions, from different people, with different results (all well-meaning); it's difficult to know exactly what to do!
;)
Precisely! It would be great to get the logs. The problem is there aren't any. No force close/crash notification with logs. So frustrating!

Hello i just buy a mi10t pro , can i use the same rom of mi10t (apollo) ?
Thanks

Have the same hw , the only difference is the cam from 64mp to 108mp , so please anyone know if i can use apollo rom ?
Thanks soo much

Mi 10 - umi
I have the 'new' TWRP (6.4.0) in memory (as installed with this week's ROM), so a normal boot to recovery brings up the 'new' TWRP recovery. I always boot into 6.4.2b from Fastboot. I do not intend to flash / install the 6.4.2b recovery into memory.

You have it in "memory" but you dont intend to flash it in "memory"… ok, I have to think about it :cool: thx for the challenge...

You have it in "memory" but you dont intend to flash it in "memory"… ok, I have to think about it :cool: thx for the challenge...
The 'new' 3.4.0 recovery is in memory, as it came with this week's ROM.
I boot with the 3.4.2b - fastboot boot [3.4.2b-recovery.img] from Fastboot, but this does not put it into memory. This boots with it, but does not flash it into memory.
I have not used the command - fastboot flash recovery [3.4.2b-recovery.img] which would have over-written the 'new' 3.4.0 recovery and installed it into memory.

So, I am able to boot (from Fastboot) into a different recovery version to that which is installed in memory, by using different commands.
An ordinary boot (not Fastboot) into recovery brings up the 'new' 3.4.0 recovery version.
Clearer?

Last edited:
Since this update, I miss the data volume setting option on my MI9 lite (MI9CC)! At the beginning only my monthly data volume was displayed in the control center - after the 2nd month a part of the previous consumption (1 of 35 MB) is flashing. In the additionally installed MI-Controllcenter the actual consumption was displayed, but apart from the display of the data consumption it has no settings for the refill date and the monthly credit.

How do I get back the old version with the settings or was a link disconnected that will be repaired in the next update?

A back to the ROM version from 05.11. only works with format Data, but I see this as the last possibility!

Attachments

• 1605506095337.jpg
    1605506095337.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 1605506095347.jpg
    1605506095347.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 239
You cannot anymore flash 0623 twrp , the only way is to boot only as you know ..
If you did that you will see only fastboot screen ..
There is no need to do something like that ..

Take a look at the folders and try to copy to other folder , it's too big ..
Try to usb-otg folder ..
If it still says that is too big then try this ..
Take boot.img from previous rom 20.11.5 , put it in adb folder ..
Enter fastboot mode , connect your phone
fastboot devices
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot ( hit enter now and volume down to enter fastboot again )..
fastboot boot twrp_umi.img ( try like that to load 0623 twrp )..

EDIT
If you still have the failed to load authenticate boot.img , then you have to use an older boot.img cause there is the problem and it can't load twrp ..
Remember that when you flash other boot.img ( 20.11.5 ) you cannot boot to system , you have to flash again boot.img of rom you have ( 20.11.12 in your case ) ..
It arrive yesterday the usb otg key :) solved, but when flashed got error on /data

Have the same hw , the only difference is the cam from 64mp to 108mp , so please anyone know if i can use apollo rom ?
Thanks soo much
If i was you i will not flash rom for mi 10T to mi 10T pro ..
For me you have to wait , it's not safe to flash..
Mi note 10 and mi note 10 lite , the same devices, the only change is camera ( 108 and 64 ) , has different roms , the same for mi 10 and mi 10 pro , changes only to camera and they have both 108 but different roms also , same with HMN8 and HMN8T difference at NFC only , different roms too and a lot more you can find ..
It is hard to believe that for this device with different camera we can have the same rom..
My opinion of course , you can do as you wish though ..
I didn't see any confirmation yet for flashing this rom on mi 10T pro..

EDIT
Now i'm sure , new rom for Mi 10 T Pro is ready to use and of course they don't have the same rom as i tell to everyone who asked here the same question , almost some users tries to troll me about this but now it seems that i was right 100% ..
New rom for Mi 10T Pro is ready here ...
Go to stables thread for further information..
And updater script using codename apollo_global ..

Yes, I flashed the 12.0.3.0 thru MiFlash, then after that I once again rebooted the phone to Fastboot to flash the latest xiaomi.eu build. I just performed Format Data though.
Try from the beginning , maybe you did some changes to settings or maybe an apk doing this ..
Start from scratch and download apk one by one until you find what causing your issues ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Mcign
It arrive yesterday the usb otg key :) solved, but when flashed got error on /data
It's ok this error for update .. of course will give errors to data because is encrypted but the flash process can be done even with this error ..
The problem is when you want to flash from scratch , to do wipes and format data you need the old twrp but only by boot and not flash ..

The 'new' 3.4.0 recovery is in memory, as it came with this week's ROM.
I boot with the 3.4.2b - fastboot boot [3.4.2b-recovery.img] from Fastboot, but this does not put it into memory. This boots with it, but does not flash it into memory.
I have not used the command - fastboot flash recovery [3.4.2b-recovery.img] which would have over-written the 'new' 3.4.0 recovery and installed it into memory.

So, I am able to boot (from Fastboot) into a different recovery version to that which is installed in memory, by using different commands.
An ordinary boot (not Fastboot) into recovery brings up the 'new' 3.4.0 recovery version.
Clearer?

Ah ok… you said "memory" but you are not talking about RAM, you meant the internal memory from the phone. So everything is fine :)

Reactions: gkalen
Ah ok… you said "memory" but you are not talking about RAM, you meant the internal memory from the phone. So everything is fine :)
Actually means that it doesn't flash recovery partition and just only boot into recovery ..
Haha , that's good ..

Status
Not open for further replies.