• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

geoorg

Members
Sep 28, 2020
Hello, Developer Gods.

Please help me for today im in trouble.

I have Redmi K30 (poco x2 [phoenix]) and i use Xiaomi EU Rom.
I have never gotten any worries when updating regularly.
But unfortunately, now my phone is near unusable after updating to 20.11.18

Symptoms:
- phone lags
- google apps not working (crashing after few seconds opened)
- random phone restarts
- constantly "checking storage" notif.
- SDCARD inaccessible most of the time (may work for some minutes randomly)
- SDCARD practically unusable
- SDCARD works fine in TWRP
- camera inaccessible
- many more

I tried to install previous version of MIUI EU but to no avail.

Same symptoms, though lag slightly decreased.

In your eternal gratitude,
Live long and prosper.
Latest stable rom
xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK30_V12.0.5.0.QGHCNXM_v12-10.zip

TWRP
recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-0624-REDMI_K30-CN-wzsx150.img

PitchBlack recovery (my personal favourite)
PBRP-phoenix-3.0.0-20201115-2325-BETA.zip

1, FORMAT /data partition
2, Copy ROM to the internal storage
3, Install ROM
4a, wipe dalvik/ART and cache
4b, delete the contents of "data/system/package_cache" folder from twrp
5, Reboot
6, Be patient for first boot
Cheers! :cool:

Iain_B

Members
Mar 25, 2013
I wrote about the new TWRP that Xiaomi EU build in that build which can't decrypt the internal.

And I didn't find out that if I flash back the 0623 to that build, everything just work fine on my specific mi 10 pro.

I flash this week build by using 0623 TWRP directly boot from miui extent power menu. No computer, no otg, it works completely normally.
You have an understanding how to flash through Fastboot, how to resolve it and about encryption - many do not, and find themselves in a boot loop which needs sorting by someone!

Reactions: katerpanne

Ted presley

Members
May 8, 2018
You have an understanding how to flash through Fastboot, how to resolve it and about encryption - many do not, and find themselves in a boot loop which needs sorting by someone!
It works normally as before Xiaomi EU gave the note about TWRP.

I boot TWRP directly from Phone UFS memory NOT FROM FASTBOOT COMMAND.

On my cmi, this build and previous build have no TWRP problem with 0623, just flash it ONCE back, and you are good to go. No longer need "a computer and that fastboot boot xxx.img any more."

The problem now is that Xiaomi EU decides to keep the "new TWRP" in weekly rom which make me have to flash back 0623 OR I need to remove recovery from rom zip file everytime to flash rom. Hope Xiaomi EU review this problem again.

Last edited:

katerpanne

Members
Apr 19, 2014
What is this screen and how do I disable it? It pops up every morning along with my alarm
You can disable it in the clock settings… morningreport

Next time please ask in the other topics this topic is for the weekly rom

Last edited:
Reactions: psydex

Szafran

Members
Oct 15, 2020
I've flashed this ROM to my new POCO F2 (lmi) and I can't enable Google Pay.
I'm getting an error that the phone was modified or rooted (It's not) and because of this the NFC payments can't be enabled on my device.
Anyone had something similar to this and knows how to fix it?

djbosanac

Members
Jan 24, 2014
You are doing nothing wrong - there are problems with cmi & lmi & umi and TWRP. You are using TWRP 3.4.0, which is based on an old version of TWRP. This cannot decrypt your data, therefore you will not be able to see any folders of files.

Any new installation would have to be done through USB-OTG, ie. from a USB memory stick. You will not be able to clear cache / dalvik because your data will not be decrypted.

You should be reminded that the weekly ROMs are BETA - they will have issues, bugs, etc. of varying degrees. You have come in during a fairly major problem. You would need to read through the posts to find out more about the TWRP problems. I would suggest that if you are not wanting to deal with this issue, you install the STABLE ROM. This does not have these issues.
Thank you man. For me Its no problem to update my device like that. But I can update it like that right? I don't need to do always a new installation?? It will just update ??

Iain_B

Members
Mar 25, 2013
Thank you man. For me Its no problem to update my device like that. But I can update it like that right? I don't need to do always a new installation?? It will just update ??
In order to continue like this, you cannot password protect your phone otherwise your data will become encrypted and will change the data.

Barsoom

Members
Nov 21, 2020
I've flashed this ROM to my new POCO F2 (lmi) and I can't enable Google Pay.
I'm getting an error that the phone was modified or rooted (It's not) and because of this the NFC payments can't be enabled on my device.
Anyone had something similar to this and knows how to fix it?
install magisk(root) + magiskhide props and change your fingerprint to default suggested from "props" command when using 2nd option (force basic check)
see https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/20-11-18.58473/page-14#post-573416

Partebragas

Members
May 4, 2018
Why performance it is so bad on mi10 on the latest builds?
Stutters on transitions like when pull down notification center or opening folders,swiping apps between YouTube and others... not smooth at all

Last edited:
Reactions: cobray2

Luis bastorron

Members
Oct 26, 2017
at the moment it only works by deactivating "ok Google"
Hi good day,
In fact you were right, it has been disabled and the recordings are now correct.
I hope that in the next one it will be corrected, because "ok Google" is a function with voice that I use a lot, and lacking for the call recording to work, it seems to go the other way around since in the previous ones the two functions were perfectly working.
Thank you very much for your help.
Greetings.

Reactions: carlofarina

ndursun

Members
Jul 5, 2020
I need help.

My tucana running on 20.9.17 yesterday got infected by some remote access
app and I hardly gained my Gogle account back.He connected my gmail to his, which I cancelled and put a new password to my google account.

Soon as I open my wireless, an LG phone config appears on my wlan additional settings section so I've been keeping both Wlan and Data off now.

I'll install this same date rom after wiping all apps & data. My twrp is 3.3.1.18.

What steps & order should I follow in twrp to wipe and install a clean one?

Some help appreciated, thanks.

Iain_B

Members
Mar 25, 2013
I need help.

My tucana running on 20.9.17 yesterday got infected by some remote access
app and I hardly gained my Gogle account back.He connected my gmail to his, which I cancelled and put a new password to my google account.

Soon as I open my wireless, an LG phone config appears on my wlan additional settings section so I've been keeping both Wlan and Data off now.

I'll install this same date rom after wiping all apps & data. My twrp is 3.3.1.18.

What steps & order should I follow in twrp to wipe and install a clean one?

Some help appreciated, thanks.
Have you tried a Factory reset? That should remove all of your personal apps and data, clear the system data and put you back to a fresh phone with everything set to the default.

[Edit: This is the first time that I have heard of this sort of thing infecting a phone.]

ndursun

Members
Jul 5, 2020
Have you tried a Factory reset? That should remove all of your personal apps and data, clear the system data and put you back to a fresh phone with everything set to the default.

[Edit: This is the first time that I have heard of this sort of thing infecting a phone.]
I'm aware that thats the best way but unfortunately I can not do it because I'll loose my emei by a hard reset. Twrp is my only way to go.

MrZee

Members
Nov 29, 2019
I already told you again and again that the new Recents and FSG are disabled for Redmi Note 8, both in framework and the launcher. It doesn't matter how many launchers you try to flash, it won't work unless all device checks are manually patched...

No, that doesn't. And it won't just appear on a Stable update for no reason, Xiaomi disabled it on purpose, there are explicit checks for low-RAM devices.

I have now enabled it in FRAMEWORK. Both Full Screen Gestures and Recents in horizontal are working perfectly on Redmi Note 8 for me. Thanks
Screenshot_2020-11-25-20-04-23-248_com.android.settings.jpg
Screenshot_2020-11-25-20-06-31-493_com.miui.home.jpg
Screenshot_2020-11-25-20-06-55-474_com.miui.home.jpg

joaojacinto

Members
Mar 18, 2016
Hi, Bootloader unlock?
If it yes, Use Mi Flash and Flash Stock rom (look on YouTube how to use it)
yes, of course, bootloader unlock, if not i couldn´t xiaomi.eu.
now it is ok, but i didn't wanted to flahs the original again. already did it so many times because of the various twrp

Status
Not open for further replies.