MIUI 12.3 20.11.25

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, I have flashed the last weekly custom (25.11.2020) EU rom to my Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G succesfully. Everyting works except that my google play store shows "device is not certified". Therefore Iam not allowed to add a payment method in the google pay app. I have tried with several cards. When I go through the specs for this latest EU rom, it says that "google play store is certified". In my case, it says the opposite. How do I make it certified again. This is the reason why I am not allowed to add a payment method.
Any advices ?
Cheers

Reactions: Danik2343
Seems this app doesn't properly support systemwide dark mode. It's an app limitation, they didn't implement it.
Just exclude it in per app settings in Dark mode settings.

Mi 9T Pro ll Tapatalk
Exactly, you're right, it's an app compatibility bug.
I understand that it is not well optimized for dark mode.
Thanks for your help.
Greetings.

What you are saying is that in Dark Mode, the text does not give a good contrast as it does in Normal Mode. In Dark mode, the text appears too light (on the same background).
Exactly, it is a contrast problem on the white background.
The problem is the application that is not well optimized with the dark mode.
Thank you.
Greetings,

Hello there, I have flashed the last weekly custom (25.11.2020) EU rom to my Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G succesfully. Everyting works except that my google play store shows "device is not certified". Therefore Iam not allowed to add a payment method in the google pay app. I have tried with several cards. When I go through the specs for this latest EU rom, it says that "google play store is certified". In my case, it says the opposite. How do I make it certified again. This is the reason why I am not allowed to add a payment method.
Any advices ?
Cheers
Do a clean flash

Sent from my Mi9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk

Should we better wait for the official? Thank you
Looking at the official TWRP website (twrp.me), the latest official version for Xiaomi is 3.4.0. I cannot see any of the Android 11 boards listed there.
The versions that we (some Mi 10s) have been running with (3.4.1 & 3.4.2) all appear to be unofficial. It would seem that there needs to be quite a lot of work still to be done to get the 'official' version out.

The unofficial 3.4.1 & 3.4.2 versions can be made to work, but they do need a fair amount of understanding and that has created quite a few problems in helping people out who have been stuck in, for example, boot loops. The current 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333) seems relatively stable, but has its limitations - primarily because it cannot handle the encryption.

What we do want is a suitable recovery app, whether official or unofficial, that can handle the basic requirements for Android 11 (nothing too fancy!), and be stable. When that will come out is anybody's guess. We'll have to see who (official or unofficial) gets there first.

Looking at the official TWRP website (twrp.me), the latest official version for Xiaomi is 3.4.0. I cannot see any of the Android 11 boards listed there.
The versions that we (some Mi 10s) have been running with (3.4.1 & 3.4.2) all appear to be unofficial. It would seem that there needs to be quite a lot of work still to be done to get the 'official' version out.

The unofficial 3.4.1 & 3.4.2 versions can be made to work, but they do need a fair amount of understanding and that has created quite a few problems in helping people out who have been stuck in, for example, boot loops. The current 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle2333) seems relatively stable, but has its limitations - primarily because it cannot handle the encryption.

What we do want is a suitable recovery app, whether official or unofficial, that can handle the basic requirements for Android 11 (nothing too fancy!), and be stable. When that will come out is anybody's guess. We'll have to see who (official or unofficial) gets there first.
Well explained!
I raise the question about the meaning of the word "official".
What reason TWRP group release are named as official?
Why Chinese LR group design and others are they said as unofficial?
I noted that the latest TWRP "official" release are just a rebranding of unofficial version. (What about testing and qualification process done for that..)
Thanks to "unofficial" we have needed tools , may be not perfect, for flashing ROM.

For AOD, that's weird because third parties AOD are working fine, there are no issue with the time lagging behind on my Mi9.

Edit: gush, talked too fast, same problem!

Last edited:
I've always been a big fan and appreciative of all the work done here, but the new volume slide and grey look is horrible. Can you return to the old blue style please

I've always been a big fan and appreciative of all the work done here, but the new volume slide and grey look is horrible. Can you return to the old blue style please
I believe that somewhere in this thread it has been said that this problem is connected with xiaomi work, not xiaomieu. In this case we will have to wait for the solution of it by Xiaomi.

Mi9 here.
Coming from 20.11.18 i dirty flashed this version.
Battery consumption increased by factor 3-4.
Just reinstalled 20.11.18 and will see if it gets better again
This is my main issue right now with this update.

Reactions: von_M
Do a clean flash

Sent from my Mi9 Pro 5G using Tapatalk
Hello there,
Thank you for your reply.

What do you mean by a clean flash ? I already flashed it from the original Chinese Rom to this weekly Rom. Are you telling me that I have to do again the same flash ? Repeating the same procedure will solve this problem ? Is your google play store certified ? If yes, what did you do to solve this ?
Many thanks

Hello there,
Thank you for your reply.

What do you mean by a clean flash ? I already flashed it from the original Chinese Rom to this weekly Rom. Are you telling me that I have to do again the same flash ? Repeating the same procedure will solve this problem ? Is your google play store certified ? If yes, what did you do to solve this ?
Many thanks
An interesting question..:)
It is anything which is not a 'dirty' flash / install.
A 'dirty' flash / install normally means that you can flash / install 'over the top' of anything previously done - without any further preparation.
For the weekly ROMs, it is recommended that the Dalvik and Cache are cleared, and /data/system/package_cache folder is deleted.

A 'clean' flash / install means that there is either a preparatory or subsequent clearing of some sort. This has included wiping (data), formatting, or even a factory reset. This could mean that you may well lose all of your files and / or personal data. This would often be recommended when changing ROMs, downgrading versions, or changing from stable to weekly, or vice versa (maybe coupled with a version change). It would not normally be needed when regularly upgrading through the weekly ROMs.

Reactions: geoorg
Hi gyus
please Is my inability to connect the phone to the car, whether with Bluetooth or AUX cable, is the encryption problem or another problem for my phone poco f2 pro
Is there a solution to this problem
Knowing that I use MIUI.EU weekly
Gratefully

I raise the question about the meaning of the word "official".
What reason TWRP group release are named as official?

I noted that the latest TWRP "official" release are just a rebranding of unofficial version. (What about testing and qualification process done for that..)
TWRP = TeamWin Recovery Project >> Therefor it's official and the recoveries of others are unofficial "TWRP", because they aren't even TWRP, but only recovery.img.
What is TWRP?
And the rebranding of unofficial TWRP to official ones is because the dev of unofficial is also a maintainer of official TWRP like mauronofrio (as far as I know).

Status
Not open for further replies.