MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate.
So, it seems that dual apps are working on weekly builds but aren't working at stable builds.
I'm trying to understand why....

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока
I'm assuming that I'm testing them correctly. There is an open padlock on the duplicate icon, and a quick flash saying that it is a dual app. None of my account details appear in them - they are wanting to set up a new account.

Ok i read something about it. Normally i booted to twrp from fastboot with commands. The difference is that now i have not flashed the earlier version, but the 1206.
So i will try to flash an earlier version like 3.4.0 to take definitely, but i will boot from fastboot the TWRP-3.4.2B-1206 recovery, format all partition to flash this rom.
After first boot and configured the phone, if i understand, i boot from twrp flashed (3.4.0) to root the phone with magisk for android 11 (i read in another post to flash first magisk 11, then magisk 21.1 and after reboot to system). I hope this is the correct procedure.

Edit: i see that you have posted the links to the correct procedure, i will see. Thank you very much.
I should get the ROM up and running first (and backed up) before attempting to install Magisk, as some people have been having problems (mainly not doing it right, I think!) setting it up.
@Poney70 has given some very good instructions about setting it up.

I flashed the LittleTurtle recovery on UMI,but if im reboot into recovery,then its boot on fastboot mode.But,booting from adb its boot Littleturtle and 3.4.2B too.

I flashed the LittleTurtle recovery on UMI,but if im reboot into recovery,then its boot on fastboot mode.But,booting from adb its boot Littleturtle and 3.4.2B too.
I've not used adb, just fastboot. It's relatively straight forward using the DOS command box.

I have installed the new version. The phone starts but I have several problems. Some apps don't work (they don't install), with some apps I no longer have access to the phone memory, despite the permissions being active.

Mi 9T Pro here,i believe some doodles are missing in MIUI 12.5 / cant use emergency alert (Password n Security)..click and nothing happen..

I've not used adb, just fastboot. It's relatively straight forward using the DOS command box.

OK.So,one more time.I flashed with Mi tool the Littleturtle recovery.Its booted after that automatically on it.Than i rebooted recovery and its boot just on Fastboot mode.How can i check it that what kind of recovery is on phone if is booting just on fastboot mode.The rest i know as well,that i have to boot on 3.4.2B and flashing so the new beta (of course before i will turn off password and fingerprint) .thank you

Mi 9t pro
Menu for schedule silent mode does not exist.
Do not disturb schedule is there but does not completely silent the phone.
Please fix in next version.

Hello, anyone has tried on Mi 10 (umi) with magisk, lucky patcher and busybox? In the old versions i haved problems, when i rooted the phone, it was impossible to install Busybox to use lucky patcher and Titanium backup. Also the full screen gesture stop to work forcing me to return to the stable version (12.0.8).
Magisk canary with the latest 21.2zip works for me. Also,about busybox, I think magisk manager has a busybox module to install from there (works for me). LP makes the phone to bootloop if you give it root access. (The bootloop happens after you deboot or boot up the phone.) I didn't give LP root access amd it didn't brick my phone. It may not be working at full capacity, but at least my phone works. (You may want to turn on display onother apps btw for LP to work better. Also ~dunno if enabling the permission to modify system settings would brick the phone.) You can try these, I have a mi 10 too, but ~dunno how your system will react (it's probably a good idea to back your phone). And one more tip: if LP bricks the phone try first to factory reset from twrp and if it doesn't work ~only then wipe data as well.

Reactions: Frenz75
i know some feature's are new so xiaomi and Dev. need more time to make its work Perfectly ,
the notification natural Mix is great feature but i cant use it for any app even in system app i get error ,,
they redesign the apps folder but the name of the folder is in odd place its look like the name out of folder border

OK.So,one more time.I flashed with Mi tool the Littleturtle recovery.Its booted after that automatically on it.Than i rebooted recovery and its boot just on Fastboot mode.How can i check it that what kind of recovery is on phone if is booting just on fastboot mode.The rest i know as well,that i have to boot on 3.4.2B and flashing so the new beta (of course before i will turn off password and fingerprint) .thank you
TWRP 3.4.0 is installed with each weekly ROM. You can check what is in recovery memory by doing the 'Power + Vol+'. You will just have to make sure that 3.4.2b is not flashed into recovery memory. You will soon enough know if it happens because you will go into a boot loop with the latest beta ROMs.
Fingerprints do not affect logging in on TWRP. I have fingerprint and facial recognitioon with a gesture, all in place.

Reactions: Poney70
It looks as though you are still not able to get into recovery. Your earlier problem could be carried over to stop it working now. Unless someone comes up with a workable solution, it may be necessary to start from scratch and go back to the stock ROM.

twrp did not flash for me anyway.
When i try boot to recovery- mi recovery appere.

TWRP 3.4.0 is installed with each weekly ROM. You can check what is in recovery memory by doing the 'Power + Vol+'. You will just have to make sure that 3.4.2b is not flashed into recovery memory. You will soon enough know if it happens because you will go into a boot loop with the latest beta ROMs.
Fingerprints do not affect logging in on TWRP. I have fingerprint and facial recognitioon with a gesture, all in place.
Thats what im talking about.littleturtle flashing sucessfully,but every kind of recovery reboot going in Fastboot mode.if i flash back 3.4.2B,than every kind of recovery boot its ok on it,but on Littleturtle not.And because after flash littleturtle going on fastboot,i dont know if that flashed succesfully or not.Do you understand me?

Guys, when i saw the keynote from xiaomi for miui 12.5 and they showed up that you only have a handful of pre installed system apps. I was happy that i thought i can finally delte google lens google app etc.
But i still cant delete them. I just want to have playstore and the minimum google servies i need for that.

Is there anyway to unload all those google facebook services?

If i install the CN Rom and install google play, will my phone just have playstore wothout all this other google crap?

BTW MIUI+ Beta, can connect to my phone but then always says failed to load and it wont mirror anything from my phone...

And thanks again for the awesome work in loveee
The keynote from Xiaomi was about system MIUI apps and how some are decoupled from the system and you are given the option to uninstall them. Google Play Services are preinstalled in China beta (at least for K20 Pro) and you can install Google Play Store from GetApps or by sideloading the .apk from whatever site you want. That is pretty much all you get preinstalled from Google.

On xiaomi.eu however, most (I suppose used by a majority of people) of the Google apps are preinstalled and you can probably uninstall them through adb only, but I can't guarantee that it won't break something or that they won't get reinstalled after the next update.

As for MIUI+, I could try connecting to see if it works on xiaomi.eu. I didn't try previously because I already tested it while on China beta and it worked fine but it's definitely still work in progress so I didn't really have a reason to test it more.

Reactions: naga9ine
Ehm, is it just me or have the widgets frozen? They seem like they don't update (one also shows the time and I ~can confirm it that way). Rebooting, changing between dark/white mode, deleting widgets removing the miui battery saver from those apps ~didn't fix it.. (mi 10/umi user)

Hi people, happy new year to everybody and thanks alot to the devs. Rom works great on Mi9/cepheus. Didnt test nfc/google pay yet.

Ok Google will not work, if enabled in settings it will switch back by itself everytime. i can use google assistant with voice rcognition when pressing powerbutton for 0,5 s but if google assistant is set to AI Button ther is no voice recognition, i had to press the microfone for voicecontroll

Thats what im talking about.littleturtle flashing sucessfully,but every kind of recovery reboot going in Fastboot mode.if i flash back 3.4.2B,than every kind of recovery boot its ok on it,but on Littleturtle not.And because after flash littleturtle going on fastboot,i dont know if that flashed succesfully or not.Do you understand me?
I am afraid that I am not understanding. TWRP 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle) is stable to flash and keep in the recovery partition, and is quite stable to use. But it does not decrypt. You can use 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle) also to install the weekly beta ROMs - but you can only install through USB-OTG because it does not decrypt data memory. This way you do not have to use fastboot at all. TWRP 3.4.0 (LittleTurtle) is automatically installed anyway with every weekly beta ROM.

The fastboot command:
fastboot boot [temp-TWRP-recovery.img]
boots only using that recovery temporarily and does not touch the recovery partition. Once you exit from this recovery, it disappears from memory.

Last edited:
- camera quick launch from lockscreen in randomly showing black screen, not launching,
- wifi gets disconnected randomly without any notification (just no internet, wifi sign is present in status bar),
I encountered those two above on my 9T Pro (K20 Pro) as well, plus:
- unread messages in GMAIL have identical font as read ones, so it's impossible to say which are read and which are unread... Happens on all of my custom fonts. Only Roboto works fine, but I don't like it. This is really annoying.
- fingerprint icon stays on the lock screen with shortcuts (screen with torch icon)
- sometimes notification on lock screens are screwed for a moment
- some persistent notifications ("data usage alert", "registering SIM card" showing sometimes)

Want to Update my Mi9SE, I install the "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_20.12.28_v12-11.zip" with "TWRP twrp-3.5.0_9-0-grus.img" installed, i get this error Code in TWRP.
E3004: This package is for "grus" devices; this is a "":
Then the update proccess abort. The old MIUI 12 is working normaly. No issues.

On my Mi9 latest weekly is installed.
Password and fingerprint ist activated.
TWRP is 3.3.1.0
Can I dirty flash the update by OTA?
Or should I do something before?
I am wondering that I am still onTWRP 3.3.1.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.