MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's good like that or ..
If your current rom is 20.6.18 , you can install new twrp.img and you can proceed to update with OTA if you like .. you won't have problems with your current rom ..
Thanks bro. I have successfully installed ROM 20.12.29. it is working flawless.

Just to check after installing 20.12.29 my twrp would have been changed to 3.4.0.

Reactions: gkalen
Want to Update my Mi9SE, I install the "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_20.12.28_v12-11.zip" with "TWRP twrp-3.5.0_9-0-grus.img" installed, i get this error Code in TWRP.
E3004: This package is for "grus" devices; this is a "":
Then the update proccess abort. The old MIUI 12 is working normaly. No issues.
This is followed by an error 7.
I've noticed two others mention this sort of error. With one, it was the wrong ROM. With the other, they had to modify the ROM. If you do a search, you should be able to find the necessary information.

Magisk canary with the latest 21.2zip works for me. Also,about busybox, I think magisk manager has a busybox module to install from there (works for me). LP makes the phone to bootloop if you give it root access. (The bootloop happens after you deboot or boot up the phone.) I didn't give LP root access amd it didn't brick my phone. It may not be working at full capacity, but at least my phone works. (You may want to turn on display onother apps btw for LP to work better. Also ~dunno if enabling the permission to modify system settings would brick the phone.) You can try these, I have a mi 10 too, but ~dunno how your system will react (it's probably a good idea to back your phone). And one more tip: if LP bricks the phone try first to factory reset from twrp and if it doesn't work ~only then wipe data as well.
Cant install Magisk 21.2 zip No digest file found.Zip signature verification and Enable Digest ver of backup files is off.Any idea thanks

Cant install Magisk 21.2 zip No digest file found.Zip signature verification and Enable Digest ver of backup files is off.Any idea thanks
Boot to twrp > install > select the magisk zip
Swipe to confirm flash

Nothing to do with digest, you are not restoring a backup

Magisk canary with the latest 21.2zip works for me. Also,about busybox, I think magisk manager has a busybox module to install from there (works for me). LP makes the phone to bootloop if you give it root access. (The bootloop happens after you deboot or boot up the phone.) I didn't give LP root access amd it didn't brick my phone. It may not be working at full capacity, but at least my phone works. (You may want to turn on display onother apps btw for LP to work better. Also ~dunno if enabling the permission to modify system settings would brick the phone.) You can try these, I have a mi 10 too, but ~dunno how your system will react (it's probably a good idea to back your phone). And one more tip: if LP bricks the phone try first to factory reset from twrp and if it doesn't work ~only then wipe data as well.

Ok understand. Probably the first problem is LP that cause instability to the system. Thanks for your suggestions

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
The keynote from Xiaomi was about system MIUI apps and how some are decoupled from the system and you are given the option to uninstall them. Google Play Services are preinstalled in China beta (at least for K20 Pro) and you can install Google Play Store from GetApps or by sideloading the .apk from whatever site you want. That is pretty much all you get preinstalled from Google.

On xiaomi.eu however, most (I suppose used by a majority of people) of the Google apps are preinstalled and you can probably uninstall them through adb only, but I can't guarantee that it won't break something or that they won't get reinstalled after the next update.

As for MIUI+, I could try connecting to see if it works on xiaomi.eu. I didn't try previously because I already tested it while on China beta and it worked fine but it's definitely still work in progress so I didn't really have a reason to test it more.
On xiaomi.eu i cant delete the google app and the lens app. Okay i think with my next xiaomi i will give it a try to use the china rom and just install the playstore. Anyway thanks for the help

One question, if I have a miui 12.0.2 global version for Redmi note 8 and I want to switch to Xiaomi, EU 12.0.3 I update everything correct, but my question is if I want to switch to the xiaomi.eu version, Miui 12.5 I have to do factory format? or it just installs as an update from twrp without needing to reformat my device. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I want to add a data resource on Health app but isn't translated

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-03-12-11-15-099_com.mi.health.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-03-12-11-15-099_com.mi.health.png
    184.6 KB · Views: 295
One question, if I have a miui 12.0.2 global version for Redmi note 8 and I want to switch to Xiaomi, EU 12.0.3 I update everything correct, but my question is if I want to switch to the xiaomi.eu version, Miui 12.5 I have to do factory format? or it just installs as an update from twrp without needing to reformat my device. Thanks in advance.
"Global" ROM => xiaomi.eu "EU" ROM = "Fomat Data" is mandatory. ;)
Also: Stable "EU" ROM => Weekly "EU" ROM = "Format Data" is recommended. If you don't want to format data and your phone doesn't boot to system, use my following patch => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...t-were-shipped-with-android-9-or-below.58318/

;)

Reactions: mansell68
You need to format data and use the newest twrp or orangefox

Want to Update my Mi9SE, I install the "xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_20.12.28_v12-11.zip" with "TWRP twrp-3.5.0_9-0-grus.img" installed, i get this error Code in TWRP.
E3004: This package is for "grus" devices; this is a "":
Then the update proccess abort. The old MIUI 12 is working normaly. No issues.

me too same issue... tried many different twrps, but no one fits... i will try to modify the rom and will tell you...

me too same issue... tried many different twrps, but no one fits... i will try to modify the rom and will tell you...
Use a twrp for your device and of course the correct rom..you can find the latest 3.5.. at twrp site ..

What can i do, if after every boot coming the sim activation notification?And region is UK. Can i change it?

Use a twrp for your device and of course the correct rom..you can find the latest 3.5.. at twrp site ..

thx... of course i did, Same twrp ans Rom Like webhouse.. but nevertheless there was the issue Like webhouse posted

This is followed by an error 7.
I've noticed two others mention this sort of error. With one, it was the wrong ROM. With the other, they had to modify the ROM. If you do a search, you should be able to find the necessary information.
Thanks for you answer. Yes this was Error 7. Now i can flash the zip file, when installed some other Recovery from XDA Forum "[RECOVERY][grus] KudProject's Unofficial TWRP 3.4.0-0 [28-06-2020]"

Having problem in certain apps like Edge Browser. Buttons are not showing properly after upgrading to MIUI 12.5 28.12.20 build.

IMG_20210104_001837.jpg

Solution plz?

I had this issue when I was first going to global EU ROM. Official TWRP was having this error, so i used redispade version, which worked for Mi 9 SE and allowed to flash xiaomi.eu ROM. Dont know, if it will be ok when switching to weekly, you can try https://github.com/redispade/device_xiaomi_grus-twrp/releases

Status
Not open for further replies.