MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, I followed instructions in that post (disabled AVB) but nothing happened, the phone reboots in fastboot again.

On my Mi9 it is working... no issues. Before you format data, reset the phone or install a fastboot image can you try this two things:

• extract the "boot.img" from installed rom and flash it with "fastboot flash boot [boot.img]" and reboot
  • try to start in Safe Mode
    • Safe Mode (This is not the "Recovery mode" or the "Fastboot mode" )
      In case your phone shows a lot of errors and you cant handle them because there are a lot of pop up windows or you want to deinstall something from magisk as example ... try the "safe mode" only some important standard apps will be loaded:
      1. Power off your Android device and then power it on. You can also use the Reboot or Restart option.
      2. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded
      3. The System will load and you will see a watermark... Safe mode
      4. Deinstall the app with the error / analyze the root cause of the issue and so on ...
      5. Reboot the phone to get off the "safe mode"
      6. Perhaps after loading you have to disable AirPlane Mode
Regards Kater

On my Mi9 it is working... no issues. Before you format data, reset the phone or install a fastboot image can you try this two things:

• extract the "boot.img" from installed rom and flash it with "fastboot flash boot [boot.img]" and reboot
  • try to start in Safe Mode
    • Safe Mode (This is not the "Recovery mode" or the "Fastboot mode" )
      In case your phone shows a lot of errors and you cant handle them because there are a lot of pop up windows or you want to deinstall something from magisk as example ... try the "safe mode" only some important standard apps will be loaded:
      1. Power off your Android device and then power it on. You can also use the Reboot or Restart option.
      2. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded
      3. The System will load and you will see a watermark... Safe mode
      4. Deinstall the app with the error / analyze the root cause of the issue and so on ...
      5. Reboot the phone to get off the "safe mode"
      6. Perhaps after loading you have to disable AirPlane Mode
Regards Kater
Thank you again, but in my opinion flashing the "old" ROM version would help if I had it. Would somebody share with me the previous xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_20.12.28_v12-11 ROM version.

Thank you again, but in my opinion flashing the "old" ROM version would help if I had it. Would somebody share with me the previous xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9SE_20.12.28_v12-11 ROM version.

It will not help if you uninstalled magisk correctly... to be sure use my hints or flash the boot image.

@katerpanne you have wifi on your Mi9? If yes, can you tell us how did you updated?

yes... but only 2.4GHz. I had to disable 5GHz on my Fritzbox (router).

Before I had disabled it, I had challenges to connect to wifi and randomized interruptions.

On my MI10 everything was working well with 5GHz.

Reactions: pblnns
It will not help if you uninstalled magisk correctly... to be sure use my hints or flash the boot image.
I have flashed the boot.img and it did not help. Still I need the old ROM version, which has worked for me with and without magisk 21.2

1. You will see the Powered by Android logo and MI logo on the boot screen, If they disappear and the Screen ist black, press and hold the Volume Down key down so long till system ist loaded.
Regards Kater
Haha, how to find out that someone is German. ("Smiling emojie", since I ~dunno how to post emojies here..)

Hi, My experience with this rom.

I did dirty flash from 20.12.9 on my MI 9t pro / K20 pro. I did use Poney70 patch because before that I was coming from last stable. TWRP 3.4.0.1.

Everything went ok. ROM looks smooth except some functions like un-looking sometimes takes seconds or background stays black. I'm sure I'll be solved in next version. Battey is excellent! O% lost in one night.

I had the famous bug "wallpaper & personalization" doesn't work. Also I couldn't apply the theme I made because theme app was looking online for something without success. I uninstalled theme app update, and everything went ok ! Theme could be installed and wallpaper & personalization now work!

One problem I couldn't fix tho : xiaomi sim card activation is showing "researching information" every time SMS app is launched. I deactivate notification from this app, but if someone knows how I can solve that...

Also I'd like to know what is bubble messenger everyone is talking about ? Is it floating windows ? How can I test that ?

yes... but only 2.4GHz. I had to disable 5GHz on my Fritzbox (router).

Before I had disabled it, I had challenges to connect to wifi and randomized interruptions.

On my MI10 everything was working well with 5GHz.

My problem, and that of others here, is that the wifi don't turn on. Any possibility of being a regional problem? I'm in Brazil.
I was on 20.12.9/10 version before, no problem with wifi. I flashed the new TWRP 3.5 and then flashed the 20.12.28 rom and the updated one. And I still with no wifi. I just can't turn on and sometimes the System UI crashes when I try to turn on the wifi.

Hi Iain, and it is working fine :) and you have made a good description for mi10 and twrp.

But I think some people dont know the difference between flash twrp permanent into recovery partition, start not flash twrp with fastboot from twrp file, boot with power on and volume+, fastboot reboot recovery and so on.

And they dont know which version they have to flash permanent and which version they only have to boot from file into memory and if they have to use pattern or pin.

So they are confused and they are writing that they did a reboot in recovery, but it is not working. Because they used the wrong boot option or flashed the wrong twrp version permanent into the recovery partition.

Regards kater

This is exactly what I have already mentioned. Maybe, it would be helpful to create a kind of knowledge base about these special things with a section per different device to see all the differences at a glance? This can be upgraded whenever there's something new. So nobody needs to repeat himself - instead, this thread can simply be linked. What do you think about that, @lain_B?

Last edited:
Hi, My experience with this rom.

I did dirty flash from 20.12.9 on my MI 9t pro / K20 pro. I did use Poney70 patch because before that I was coming from last stable. TWRP 3.4.0.1.
About my patch, it's useless to create "addon.d" script because xiaomi.eu ROMs don't support them... So you have to manually install my patch after flashing a Weekly ROM upgrade. :(

Hi, I have installed 20.12.28 - 12.5 on my Xiaomi Mi 9, but I get another update, with same number? Wtf?

Reactions: pblnns
I have the same problem. Today I will do factory reset through Mi flash fastboot MIUI Global ROM and try install again A11 MIUI 12.5 ROM

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
Please, can you tell us if it works? I tried many things and nothing.

i don't know if somebody already noticed it, But Google Assistent isn't working, turns automatically off in the settings. maybe it's just me but i tried every possible solution to fix it

On Mi9Tpro "raphael", app shortcuts are not displayed in the system Launcher (except for a few apps), for example play store doesn't show "my apps" when long-pressing the icon. Also, quick snap for the camera is missing. Other than that, I am positively surprised how well the first Android 11 version works.
Can anyone confirm my two glitches?

Mi 9 ITA.
I don't know if it's just my impression but, after installing today's latest "reup" version, the unlock animation after using the fingerprint, lag.
With the previous ROM 20.12.28 I did not notice any lag.
Do you also have the same impression?

On Mi9Tpro "raphael", app shortcuts are not displayed in the system Launcher (except for a few apps), for example play store doesn't show "my apps" when long-pressing the icon. Also, quick snap for the camera is missing. Other than that, I am positively surprised how well the first Android 11 version works.
Can anyone confirm my two glitches?
I don't know if the re-uploaded ROM (today) fix this issue. Give it a try (go to the Updater app to search and download today re-uploaded ROM). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.