MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I did not delete LP but other apps or modules. What is your challenge?
The thing with LP is that it makes your phone to bootloop. When it happened to me, since I didn't know how to enter safe mode, I think even uninstalling the app from twrp didn't fix it, so I made a clean install of the rom (I ~just had moved from stock to custom, so an extra reset ~wasn't a big issue). I've read that some others fixed the bootloop with a simple flash of the same rom ~without losing data (probably doing a factory reset wothout data reset would work as well). Your safe mode method seems even easier, but 1)will the phone manage to escape bootloop with safe mode and 2)will uninstalling LP actually fix it or will it leave files behind continuing the bootloop?

The thing with LP is that it makes your phone to bootloop. When it happened to me, since I didn't know how to enter safe mode, I think even uninstalling the app from twrp didn't fix it, so I made a clean install of the rom (I ~just had moved from stock to custom, so an extra reset ~wasn't a big issue). I've read that some others fixed the bootloop with a simple flash of the same rom ~without losing data (probably doing a factory reset wothout data reset would work as well). Your safe mode method seems even easier, but 1)will the phone manage to escape bootloop with safe mode and 2)will uninstalling LP actually fix it or will it leave files behind continuing the bootloop?

In safe mode you can delete what ever you want. If LP is the issue it will gone after you delete it and reboot. But I had never an issue with LP and bootloop. Mostly it is magisk coz the modules are not compatible eg smali patcher or viper. Then you have to delete the modules.

Last edited:
Uninstall magisk or flash the old rom. If you flash the old rom and its up and running, then magisk is the cause or read this thread…

And it is helpfull if you describe what you did in detail. I have a MI9 as well and its working like a charme
Thank you kater for your advice. As I mentioned uninstall reinstall magisk did not help. I had this idea too, but as I mentioned I deleted the old ROM version for this reason I can not try it. I asked somebody to share the old version with me, but nobody did until now. Maybe @ingbrzy could help with that.

Thank you kater for your advice. As I mentioned uninstall reinstall magisk did not help. I had this idea too, but as I mentioned I deleted the old ROM version for this reason I can not try it. I asked somebody to share the old version with me, but nobody did until now. Maybe @ingbrzy could help with that.

Hi try this… I have described some solutions if you have challenges with magisk and boot issues. I cant believe, that you uninstalled it correctly :)

and nice workaround, extract the "boot.img" from installed rom and flash it with "fastboot flash boot [boot.img]"

Last edited:
Think the newest update broke my Mi 9's wireless charging and I don't think it's the charger. Anyone else have this issue?

I have problem also, the wireless charging seem to be keep off & on. The DC voltage/amp meter that connected to charger show that the phone try negotiate on higher voltage which is 15v above which normally won't occur for long charging. What I do now is temporary replace the orig charger which have QC3.0 but max 12v output only will solved the problem until Xiaomi fix this problem.

Reactions: aCot+
I updated my mi9 with the reuploaded rom, but I'm still having this WLAN problem. It's All good, spotify okay, rom smooth, but I can't turn on the wifi!

I'm having a buggy experience. Sluggish animations and emojis don't show in Google Messages anymore.

Am on a k20 pro raphael

MIUI 12.3 20.12.9/10 said:
It's LAST Android 10 update for Redmi Note 8, Mi 9, Mi 9 SE, Mi 9 Lite, Mi 10T/Pro, Mi 9T Pro, Mi 9 Pro. Next updates with Android 11.
Due to preparing for MIUI 12.5 release MIUI beta updates are suspended starting from 14th December
Mi 9 Lite still Android 10 :(

Good day everyone, in my Redmi Note 7 (lavender) once the rom is installed, I noticed a general slowdown, especially on whatsapp. It practically did not synchronize the accounts of the contacts, therefore reporting in the chats only the phone numbers and not the names. I also noticed a general battery drain. I don't know what it could depend on.
I did the clean installation, formatting the "data" partition and using the adb "sideload" command I proceeded to install the rom. I have Orange Fox recovery v. 11.
I don't know if it happened to anyone else ...

What I found in MI forum:
This device uses Android Verified Boot (AVB)
This means that installing TWRP or swiping to allow system modifications will prevent you from being able to boot. To bypass AVB's boot prevention, you will have to disable it or install a custom ROM that ships with disabled AVB.
To disable AVB via fastboot, grab the vbmeta image from the ROM you are on, and flash it with the following command:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
AVB should be now disabled on your device.
I think the verification should be disable here. Maybe this comand it's missing in the last update?

Please DEVS, address this issue so I don't brick my device with the next update! ♥
Thank you for your hard work!

PS: Also fingerprint unlock isn't working while screen off. Currently must double tap to wake > then unlock

Second charging animation(Glow) is not animating, just picture, in latest build from today.
Screenshot_2021-01-04-13-00-10-915_com.android.settings.jpg

This is one of the best weekly. Its as smooth as latest stable 12.0.6. Very happy with the performance. Yet to test the battery though.
Also, is there any workarounds to change icon packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.