MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mention to wipe system but OP instruction states (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)
This is why I'm always confused of how exactly I should proceed with clean flash :(
Where are you now? Phone; ROM; version; working; bootloop, etc?
Where are you trying to get to (I understand you want a clean system and going from Android 10 to 11)?

I'm speaking from my own experience (Mi 10 - umi)
To generalise, if you have a working system, and your upgrade from Android 10 to 11 does not miss out many weeks, there's very little that needs to be done.
You should not need to wipe, format, or interfere with the system. You would do your normal update. (Unless developer instructions say otherwise.)
(If you are going, for instance, from stable to weekly beta, then you would typically need to format the data partition.)

If you want a 'clean' system, then, after your update (which I presume will be working), do a Factory reset.
A Factory reset from within TWRP normally keeps all of your files but resets the system from scratch. If you want a complete wipe and reset, then do the Factory reset from within Settings.

Reactions: psydex
Magisk_11.zip is not needed anymore since Magisk v21.2. ;)
It's an upgrade like any other weekly ROM update: Flash ROM > Wipe Dalvik & Cache > Flash Magisk > Reboot. :)
From Android 10 to Android 11, Did I need to format DATA?

I test this versión MIUI 12.5 ... Ando i hace the problema of the SIM actívate with Xiaomi services...another Is in Spotify... The menús áre broken iconos. I attached photos..Aldo the three fingers ti take a snapshot fácil sometime..

Mi 9t...phone....bit it's so Energy room..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-07-21-23-52-091_com.spotify.music.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-07-21-23-52-091_com.spotify.music.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 293
  • Screenshot_2021-01-07-21-23-34-466_com.spotify.music.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-07-21-23-34-466_com.spotify.music.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 295
  • Screenshot_2021-01-07-21-34-17-137_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-07-21-34-17-137_com.android.settings.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 288
If you are only updating your weekly beta ROMs, then normally no, you would not need to format anything. Just update normally. I did!
If you are moving from stable to weekly ROMs then yes, you would normally have to format data.
Ah I see... I am using weekly beta ROM, never skip an update. No format data then, nice!
Thank you!

hello!
I have mi 9 se grus and after updating to this version I can't get into recovery. adb reboot recovery drops me to fastboot. but its not a problem, problem is when I try fastboot flash recovery twrp.img it gives me error and doesn't flash it. I flashed vbmeta and still can't flash twrp. tried, I guess ,every twrp available for grus and no luck. is there any1 who solved this issue?
ps. Rom itself works nice, just want to have twrp.
thank you.

anyone know why i get Getting Info notifications?

what application that use Getting Info ?
It's the black and white rectangular icon right? That's the xiaomi sim activation service.

Personally I removed it using the xiaomi debloater. Only effect is that mi message can't be used.

hello!
I have mi 9 se grus and after updating to this version I can't get into recovery. adb reboot recovery drops me to fastboot. but its not a problem, problem is when I try fastboot flash recovery twrp.img it gives me error and doesn't flash it. I flashed vbmeta and still can't flash twrp. tried, I guess ,every twrp available for grus and no luck. is there any1 who solved this issue?
ps. Rom itself works nice, just want to have twrp.
thank you.

Try fastboot boot twrp.img.name or use the search function. Topic is mentioned 3697 times

Reactions: geoorg
tried everything, and read everything, just doesn't work. can't flash or boot twrp
and fastboot boot twrp-grus.img break encryption, doesn't it? https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/grus-recovery-twrp-3-4-0-0-mi9se.3949328/
anyway it doesn't boot to it.

Did you try to boot (fastboot boot twrp.img) from other TWRP versions? The forum is full with MI9 SE TWRP issues. What is the error message if you boot twrp from fastboot, not flasing. Please write in detail what you did. I have got an error, is not helpful.

Did you try to boot (fastboot boot twrp.img) from other TWRP versions? The forum is full with MI9 SE TWRP issues. What is the error message if you boot twrp from fastboot, not flasing. Please write in detail what you did. I have got an error, is not helpful.
I get after fastboot flash recovery twrp.img FAILED (status read failed (Too many links)).
With every twrp I have tried.
it reboots after fastboot boot twrp.img.

I get after fastboot flash recovery twrp.img FAILED (status read failed (Too many links)).

Fine, so its booting in twrp after all with fastboot boot twrp.img and for the too many links issue there are a lot of workarounds. There is not only one answer.

Just a silly remark, when flashing TWRP did you name the version you are flashing, e.g. "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-2grus.img", next command is also with the full TWRP filename "fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-2grus.img", then "fastboot reboot". The TWRP file should be in adb folder.

I had also many problems with this ROM, bootloops and others and just a clean install helped me to get a more or less working system.
I hope our developers are busy now to eliminate those failures, that is the reason the new ROM is not published yet.

Fine, so its booting in twrp after all with fastboot boot twrp.img and for the too many links issue there are a lot of workarounds. There is not only one answer.
no, you don't get it, it just reboots the phone, not to twrp. so nothing works fine.

Just a silly remark, when flashing TWRP did you name the version you are flashing, e.g. "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-2grus.img", next command is also with the full TWRP filename "fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-2grus.img", then "fastboot reboot". The TWRP file should be in adb folder.

I had also many problems with this ROM, bootloops and others and just a clean install helped me to get a more or less working system.
I hope our developers are busy now to eliminate those failures, that is the reason the new ROM is not published yet.
dont like the idea losing all data (

Yes - you use the exact filename, because that is the file that it looks for.
If it works better after a 'clean' install (or quite often a factory reset would have been easier), then it would seem that the problem is not with the developers and the ROM, but more in the way that it is being used!

Status
Not open for further replies.