MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty flash results in half of the features not working.
Clean flash on the other hand is even more interesting!
It doesn't want to work with F2FS file system on Mi 9...
Neither it works with Orangefox recovery.
The phone is not even detected in fastboot, so that's a huge plus !
10/10.

Thanks PieroAnt, I will try it, the oldest version is with a little battery drain, I saw in old topics don't boot from the system, I guess this problem was solved, or it don't occur in MI9?
At first it seemed like there was excessive drainage of the battery but after a reboot everything looks normal and even better. I am attaching a screenshot,51m SOT at. 77% residual

Reactions: Mirai
You "played around". ;-)
You have to find what you played around with and undo it.
Else a factory reset from twrp will solve the issue

I found that Magisk doesn't seem to be important in my tests. I can root my phone successfully as well. But no matter what I do, the first boot is okay, a second reboot will be a bootloop. So, I should carefully avoid to reboot my phone during my daily uses before the issue gets resolved.

Dirty flash results in half of the features not working.
Clean flash on the other hand is even more interesting!
It doesn't want to work with F2FS file system on Mi 9...
Neither it works with Orangefox recovery.
The phone is not even detected in fastboot, so that's a huge plus !
10/10.
Also I'm currently stuck on black screen with MIUI logo. Autobrightness works, so thats a plus !
Oh boi, they went really minimalistic in this release, I like it.
The black screen, so nice. Screensaving FTW.
Also recovery doesn't boot, mi flash doesn't work since phone is not detected in fastboot, so how am I supposed to fix it, lol ?

My device poco f2 pro
I'm on 12.0.4.0 global
Unlock bootloader
Flash twrp with cmd
Format data (type yes)
Flash xiaomi eu rom 12.5 latest weekly 29.12.20
Dalvik / cash
Reboot

It's ok this instruction ??
Yes. ;)

i was using K30Pro_V12.1.3.0 eu stabil and twrp 3.4.2b 1206 .

I tried to install HMK30Pro_20.12.29_v12-11 with dirty install but the phone stuck on twrp screen.

can you help me i stayed on twrp screen

All work well except this annoying bug:
Fingerprint animation is laggy and phone can not be unlocked while screen is off (must double tap to wake > then unlock)

My device poco f2 pro
I'm on 12.0.4.0 global
Unlock bootloader
Flash twrp with cmd
Format data (type yes)
Flash xiaomi eu rom 12.5 latest weekly 29.12.20
Dalvik / cash
Reboot

It's ok this instruction ??
It's ok except that you missed one major step ..
After format data is mandatory to reboot to recovery again ..

@webumut
From stable to developer or opposite format data must be done ..

EDIT
I have reports that camera is missing from Raphael ( HMK20pro , Mi9Tpro ) ..
Can someone confirm this ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Allessa
Mi 9T

Dirty flash done. OrangeFox Recovery, last unofficial, encryption ON.
From last night till now, no issues, at least with used functions.
SIM registration only at first boot now.
Phone act with more responsiveness, but from time to time some lags. Possible caused by dirty flash.
Battery seems to be good.
Using full screen gestures, from time to time keyboard disappearing during typing, need to click again to writing box to show up. This know to be annoying.
Overall very happy with release!

Hello

I tested miui +, but everything is in Chinese. A tip for putting the application in English or in French?

Reactions: Sylar82
Any issue with gpay and mi 10 pro?
Has someone tried gpay in a store?

Androidauto is running ok?

Thank you

Enviado desde mi Mi 10 Pro mediante Tapatalk

At first it seemed like there was excessive drainage of the battery but after a reboot everything looks normal and even better. I am attaching a screenshot,51m SOT at. 77% residual
The battery drain occur in my current and oldest Miui 12.3, I will move from Android 10 to the latest. In the future updates is secure update from the configuration, I readed in old topics to don't boot through the system, it was fixed or it don't occur in the MI9?

MI9 startup problem:
Attention with MI 9 a format of the data partition can be necessary when changing from the stable version (23.12.2020) to the dev. from 28.12.2020.
I installed it with the twrp-3.4.0-0-cepheus-mauronofrio but it always started in the TWRP! Also a factory reset in the TWRP brought no remedy - only after the format Data "yes" I could in the system.
So think about the backup, if you are in a similar situation!

It's ok except that you missed one major step ..
After format data is mandatory to reboot to recovery again ..

@webumut
From stable to developer or opposite format data must be done ..

EDIT
I have reports that camera is missing from Raphael ( HMK20pro , Mi9Tpro ) ..
Can someone confirm this ..
thank you. worked successfully

Reactions: gkalen
MI9 startup problem:
Attention with MI 9 a format of the data partition can be necessary when changing from the stable version (23.12.2020) to the dev. from 28.12.2020.
I installed it with the twrp-3.4.0-0-cepheus-mauronofrio but it always started in the TWRP! Also a factory reset in the TWRP brought no remedy - only after the format Data "yes" I could in the system.
That's "normal" behavior when coming from Stable...

My following patch helps to fix boot issue in this case => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...t-were-shipped-with-android-9-or-below.58318/

But you don't need it now. ^^

what's orange fox?
also, I had a boot loop when magisk installed right after rom, I booted to system, set everything up "first boot" and only then installed magisk, after system initialization
Orange Fox is a recovery app, like TWRP.
Yes - it is a good idea, if in doubt, to only do the basic installation first and confirm that that is working correctly before installing additional apps such as Magisk.

MI9 startup problem:
Did format and clean flash everything, came from dev previous dev rom, still stuck on miui logo with autobrightness :) .
Clearly there is something wrong with this release for Mi 9, maybe some missing files ?
Last option is to try and install previous rom and the new one over it, since I did system and vendor wipe.

Hello

I tested miui +, but everything is in Chinese. A tip for putting the application in English or in French?
One of the first screens that comes up during the initial setup after installation is the language. There should be a long list of languages, in their own language.
You could go back into recovery and perform a Factory reset, and then start again.

Did format and clean flash everything, came from dev previous dev rom, still stuck on miui logo with autobrightness :) .
Clearly there is something wrong with this release for Mi 9, maybe some missing files ?
Last option is to try and install previous rom and the new one over it, since I did system and vendor wipe.
Try going into recovery and performing a Factory reset, and then boot back into System.

Status
Not open for further replies.