MIUI 12.5 20.12.28/29

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The battery drain occur in my current and oldest Miui 12.3, I will move from Android 10 to the latest. In the future updates is secure update from the configuration, I readed in old topics to don't boot through the system, it was fixed or it don't occur in the MI9?
I can assure you that I had no problems updating from 20.12.9 to version 20.12.28. I specify that previously I had updated the twrp to the latest version 3.4.0.1, then I downloaded the rom and updated from the updates application by choosing the zip to install but you can choose the update via OTA because it should replace the twrp automatically.

Reactions: Mirai
On Mi9 with MIUI based on Android 10 there were more volume levels. Possible to get these volume levels back? @Igor Eisberg
This also seems to be a MIUI bug. I know that while I was on official build putting ro.config.media_vol_steps=30 in build.prop was supposed to add 30 volume steps, but instead it remained on 15. It's the same in the xiaomi.eu build, but if you replace 30 with 25 it does change to 25 steps. I honestly have no idea why does 30 make it revert back to 15, but I guess that's just Xiaomi's genius coding.

This also seems to be a MIUI bug. I know that while I was on official build putting ro.config.media_vol_steps=30 in build.prop was supposed to add 30 volume steps, but instead it remained on 15. It's the same in the xiaomi.eu build, but if you replace 30 with 25 it does change to 25 steps. I honestly have no idea why does 30 make it revert back to 15, but I guess that's just Xiaomi's genius coding.
Good to know... Thanks for this info. :)

Try my patch (install this zip in TWRP and reboot) => TWRP_30-Steps-Volume.zip

:)
Didn't help :(

If I understand you right, actually it's possible to create a patch for 25 volume steps, but not for 30 steps?
If so, I would be interested in 25 steps as well. 15 are too little.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
I can assure you that I had no problems updating from 20.12.9 to version 20.12.28. I specify that previously I had updated the twrp to the latest version 3.4.0.1, then I downloaded the rom and updated from the updates application by choosing the zip to install but you can choose the update via OTA because it should replace the twrp automatically.
When is available an update, I download the Zip and install through the update app, I guess that the TARP will be replaced by the file inside the Zip or is needed update it before? So I think in this update use the OTA is the best? Thanks for our patience to help me ._.

I have MIUI logo stuck on boot MI9 - Latest TWRP version, help :(

---------

Edit: returned to work, but was stopped approximately 10 minutes in MIUI Logo, is this normal?

Some translations are missing. Also you can use gestures only with default launcher. I was able to use them with Nova in the past builds. That is too bad.

Reactions: marcometer
Update: Managed to unbrick using the Miflashtoolpro (probably a third party software that has mi authorized account somehow?)...It flashed normally here...

Device K20 pro Raphael
After flashing the latest beta 20.12.28 from the previous 20.12.9 initially it worked correctly.. everything worked correctly for sometime.... the issue happened after I pressed reboot>recovery from powermenu....it then kept showing me fastboot logo... Couldn't go to twrp and it still returned me to fastboot mode....so I am trying to flash the old last stable fastboot rom...but I think it updated anti rollback (unsure)..I can't use the miflashtool to go back to the miui 12.0.6 stable fastboot rom ...it gives the error below...

$for /F "tokens=2 delims=: " %i in ('fastboot -s XXXXX getvar anti 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"anti:"') do (set version=%i )

here, XXXXX = device id inside miflashtool

I am assuming its got to do something with antirollback protection and waiting for public beta or stable for miui 12.5 and flash it using miflashtoool to unbrick it....

So now my main question.. Is there better way to unbrick it?...or is the conclusion I came to correct?
View attachment 33669

Note: I had magisk installed before dirty flashing the latest beta... I flashed the latest beta from updater menu (I guess that's why orange fox twrp disappeared).. The phone initially booted okay... At the moment I didn't flash the magisk and before flashing magisk after first reboot (reboot to recovery) this happened....
Hi there,

I have the same problem, can you help me?

I can't find K20 Pro on Miflashtoolpro

Mi9T Pro here. Dirty flashed and it seems everything is working.
But Guys, is it only me or are the Icons and the Fonts on the Home screen less sharp or somehow a little blurry ?

Redmi note 7.

BIG PROBLEM:

No Google Chrome possible, whatever I do.. (play(

Greetings

Try going into recovery and performing a Factory reset, and then boot back into System.
Ehm ehm, tried that couple of times,
reflashed few times too, I even let the phone boot for 30 minutes, but still nothing...
I'm currently downloading the previous dev and I will try to flash the new one over it.

It really looks like that is ROM cannot be wipe-flashed and you have to have some previous MIUI already installed.

Hello and best wishes to all, does anyone have a problem with the camera? thank you (k20 pro)

Redmi note 7.

BIG PROBLEM:

No Google Chrome possible, whatever I do.. (play(

Greetings
On my Redmi note 7, I don't have this problem, in fact, I didn't find anything that didn't work properly!
Good work from the miui.eu team

Hi I have a big problem with the pop-up camera it no longer works since the installation of the rom does not calibrate ever would you have a solution because even on other rom it no longer works so it worked very well before.

Why my Mi 9T cant update via OTA, says that MD5 didnt match and while downloading the phone vibrates sometimes...

Mi 9 Device
I can't root using magisk zip or img, spotify no icons in the app, an app that i could noticed "battery Guru" after flashing the app wasn't installed and i don't know if there any apps uninstalled also, battery is good but before was better, using nova launcher can't use full screen
gesture but using the miui launcher it worked and it's great, the dark mode doesn't work with facebook but work using Facebook settings not phone settings, and that's what i found till now and on the other hand
the rom is good and stable thank you xiaomi.eu

Last edited:
Reactions: tahsingibi
When is available an update, I download the Zip and install through the update app, I guess that the TARP will be replaced by the file inside the Zip or is needed update it before? So I think in this update use the OTA is the best? Thanks for our patience to help me ._.
If in doubt, update twrp first, download the .IMG file of twrp 3 4.0.1, and select the image to install from twrp. Always check MD5 if it matches exactly before installing the new twrp as well as the zip of the rom if you install everything from recovery, if you install the rom via OTA it is not necessary check the MD5.

Status
Not open for further replies.