MIUI 12.3 20.12.9/10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to disable Clipboard Protection for apps in Work Profile?

Normal apps protection can be changed in Settings / Privacy protection / Privacy / Protect clipboard .
What about work profile apps?

Last edited:
Same question as Nostromoito , I am using the stable 12.0.7 Xiaomi.eu rom on my MI 10T Pro and, as it is written in the changelog "Optimization - Added support for Mi 10T Pro (apollopro, same ROM as apollo)", I would like to know if I can safely use the rom xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK30SUltra_MI10T_20.12.9_v12-10, after "Format Data = Yes" of course ;)

??????
I don't know about your TWRP, but in my TWRP if you read within it, just before you format data, IN RED TYPE, it says "... and removes encryption on internal storage." before you enter 'yes'.
So maybe this might have something to do with problems in decryption?
Of course it removes it, just as it says. After you reinstall though it encrypts again and you cannot decrypt in TWRP so if you need to use it you will have to format again... I am not sure why it stopped working but some other user suggested that Xiaomi changed something and now it is impossible for TWRP to detect that the partition is encrypted.

I have no problems with my note 10 all ist fine first time after update its freeze with miui 12 logo but this problem i have with all beta versions after this freeze i restart again and all work perfekt

Of course it removes it, just as it says. After you reinstall though it encrypts again and you cannot decrypt in TWRP so if you need to use it you will have to format again... I am not sure why it stopped working but some other user suggested that Xiaomi changed something and now it is impossible for TWRP to detect that the partition is encrypted.

I had a similar problem on an RN7. After the update I wanted to switch from Orange Fox Rec. to TWRP. But here was always required a password to decrypt, although none was available. Even after repeated format Data nothing changed. Only when I am back to Orange Fox, I could use the recovery again normally. I would try it in your place with another Recovery?

I had a similar problem on an RN7. After the update I wanted to switch from Orange Fox Rec. to TWRP. But here was always required a password to decrypt, although none was available. Even after repeated format Data nothing changed. Only when I am back to Orange Fox, I could use the recovery again normally. I would try it in your place with another Recovery?
I tried them all with exactly the same results unfortunately including Orange Fox.

Therefore I do not really understand the relevance of formatting if the installation takes care of the preparations anyway. Surely it is introducing something which is not necessary, (unless the developers say that you need to do it every week).

Taken from FAQs on the official TWRP website:
"If you're installing a nightly* update, then oftentimes you don't need to wipe anything at all. However, if you encounter strange behavior, then you may want to consider performing a factory reset."
*Presumably similar for weekly

Therefore I do not really understand the relevance of formatting if the installation takes care of the preparations anyway. Surely it is introducing something which is not necessary, (unless the developers say that you need to do it every week).

Taken from FAQs on the official TWRP website:
"If you're installing a nightly* update, then oftentimes you don't need to wipe anything at all. However, if you encounter strange behavior, then you may want to consider performing a factory reset."
*Presumably similar for weekly

The devices I purchase usually have the global ROM installed. When switching to the EU, they only start after a format data. Therefore, I also apply it to other startup problems or after many FC's to eliminate errors. Perhaps a factory reset would also suffice, I can also test times.

The devices I purchase usually have the global ROM installed. When switching to the EU, they only start after a format data. Therefore, I also apply it to other startup problems or after many FC's to eliminate errors. Perhaps a factory reset would also suffice, I can also test times.
According to the official TWRP FAQs, you only really need to do a Factory reset if you encounter any 'strange behaviour'. Otherwise you shouldn't need to do anything (unless the developers recommend it). This means that data remains, and your files are not deleted. Likewise, if you need to do a Factory reset (within TWRP), then your files still remain intact; and the system starts from scratch.

According to the official TWRP FAQs, you only really need to do a Factory reset if you encounter any 'strange behaviour'. Otherwise you shouldn't need to do anything (unless the developers recommend it). This means that data remains, and your files are not deleted. Likewise, if you need to do a Factory reset (within TWRP), then your files still remain intact; and the system starts from scratch.
This is all true, I had encountered strange behaviour as there was a slowdown and quite less available RAM than usual and when I investigated in TWRP there were quite a few errors in the logs. That is why I resorted to formatting DATA to start from scratch instead of factory reset.

This is all true, I had encountered strange behaviour as there was a slowdown and quite less available RAM than usual and when I investigated in TWRP there were quite a few errors in the logs. That is why I resorted to formatting DATA to start from scratch instead of factory reset.
Again from FAQs on the official TWRP website:
"Depending on your device and its configuration, you may have options for wiping internal storage, external storage, sd-ext, android_secure, and/or an option for formatting data. There's almost no reason that you would ever need to use these items."

Unfortunately some people are using (and being told to use) some of these more obscure methods, and ending up in quite a mess, having to seek help to sort themselves out, as can regularly be seen here.
Often, the simplest solution is the best.

Reactions: dexterv
I skipped previous version because of that issue and straight on to this version (dirty). Haven't noticed that much of a difference.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
the battery drain its still high on mi9! maybe with android 11 it will be better! who knows..... till then vresion 20.10.30 and 20.11.11 have great battery backup!

gingko redmi note 8, first time (!) "random reboot" - found phone asking for sim pin after pulling out of pocket today.
Did nothing special before. Stable since then. Have no idea, but think worth to mention here...

Hi, thank you very much for the rom.
I am using Mi 10 Pro. After using this rom for almost a week there are 2 problems as below:

1. Google Map after using it for navigation can not use the gestures to exit the apps. You need to lock and unlock the phone to re-use the gestures to exit the apps.
2. If you turn off your phone and using the cable to charge it. Once you power up the phone again it will boot up but after a few seconds it will turn off again, need to remove the cable to power on the phone.

Reactions: Hincly
Same question as Nostromoito , I am using the stable 12.0.7 Xiaomi.eu rom on my MI 10T Pro and, as it is written in the changelog "Optimization - Added support for Mi 10T Pro (apollopro, same ROM as apollo)", I would like to know if I can safely use the rom xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK30SUltra_MI10T_20.12.9_v12-10, after "Format Data = Yes" of course ;)
No deep sleep issue, please stay tuned :D

Hi, thank you very much for the rom.
I am using Mi 10 Pro. After using this rom for almost a week there are 2 problems as below:

1. Google Map after using it for navigation can not use the gestures to exit the apps. You need to lock and unlock the phone to re-use the gestures to exit the apps.
2. If you turn off your phone and using the cable to charge it. Once you power up the phone again it will boot up but after a few seconds it will turn off again, need to remove the cable to power on the phone.
1. Same here

2. Didn't check

Gesendet von meinem Mi 10 mit Tapatalk

gingko redmi note 8, first time (!) "random reboot" - found phone asking for sim pin after pulling out of pocket today.
Did nothing special before. Stable since then. Have no idea, but think worth to mention here...
Are you sure the phone rebooted? Maybe the SIM got bad contact for a sec in the holder. I have disabled my SIM PIN so I cannot look out for this, but I haven't come across any random reboots yet.

Are you sure the phone rebooted? Maybe the SIM got bad contact for a sec in the holder. I have disabled my SIM PIN so I cannot look out for this, but I haven't come across any random reboots yet.
Can only tell that I was asked to input PIN for both SIMs and for login (fingerprint didn't work). So I think yes it was a reboot - ''uptime' is now about 20 hours which also would prove me right, as I didn't reboot the phone since last update.

Again from FAQs on the official TWRP website:
"Depending on your device and its configuration, you may have options for wiping internal storage, external storage, sd-ext, android_secure, and/or an option for formatting data. There's almost no reason that you would ever need to use these items."

Unfortunately some people are using (and being told to use) some of these more obscure methods, and ending up in quite a mess, having to seek help to sort themselves out, as can regularly be seen here.
Often, the simplest solution is the best.
There is a problem on latest update 20.12.9 for Redmi note 8 and 7 with decryption in twrp , probably xiaomi changed some "keys" and decryption brakes ..
At this situation , ginkgo and lavender users can only go back to previous rom version by formatting data of course , it's the only way to had decryption back ..
And after that they have to wait for a new twrp because next rom will update to A11 and it's unknown how the twrp will perform ..
Or else users have to stay with latest 20.12.9 rom and update via OTG or external sd card since we have a new twrp for those devices ..

Since now all known custom recoveries tested on ginkgo and lavender faced the same issue with broken decryption , even after formatting data with latest 20.12.9 , when you enter again to any twrp the storage will be encrypted again ..

Last edited:
Can only tell that I was asked to input PIN for both SIMs and for login (fingerprint didn't work). So I think yes it was a reboot - ''uptime' is now about 20 hours which also would prove me right, as I didn't reboot the phone since last update.
Yes then it rebooted. We should keep an eye for it then.

There is a problem on latest update 20.12.9 for Redmi note 8 and 7 with decryption in twrp , probably xiaomi changed some "keys" and decryption brakes ..
At this situation , ginkgo and lavender users can only go back to previous rom version by formatting data of course , it's the only way to had decryption back ..
And after that they have to wait for a new twrp because next rom will update to A11 and it's unknown how the twrp will perform ..
Or else users have to stay with latest 20.12.9 rom and update via OTG or external sd card since we have a new twrp for those devices ..

Since now all known custom recoveries tested on ginkgo and lavender faced the same issue with broken decryption , even after formatting data with latest 20.12.9 , when you enter again to any twrp the storage will be encrypted again ..
Absolutely. If a Factory reset cannot sort things out, then it is only right that other methods be used.

Thanks pointing this out.
Same apply to Redmi 8 OFFICIAL twrp doesn't decrypt as it was on previous EU stable update.
That"s a shame to deliver as "official release" such non verified job.
solved using Ofox release and installed it via OTG or fastboot.

Thanks pointing this out.
Same apply to Redmi 8 OFFICIAL twrp doesn't decrypt as it was on previous EU stable update.
That"s a shame to deliver as "official release" such non verified job.
solved using Ofox release and installed it via OTG or fastboot.
Can you decrypt with Orange Fox? I wasn't able to.

Reactions: minhphamngocquy1993
Mi 10 Ultra: when entering gallery full screen mode on certain apps (like Amazon Photos), full screen back gesture not working, it's used as next picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.