MIUI 12.3 20.12.9/10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I have two problems ..
My widevine on my MI10 is L3, I have Magisk, I was in L1 before. How to solve this?
Secondly, my screen regularly drops to 60hz when I go to applications like Snapchat or even Google Maps but do not automatically return to 90hz, I have to manually reset it to 90hz in the "display" menu. It is really very painful.
Thanks for your time to help me.

Today the internal China beta for MIUI 12.5 started. Here are the available Devices.

No Redmi Note 8 sadly ): but Redmi Note 7
93acb2683da92ebffe1273ad805fea07.jpg
3797c299ebbd3261db6479916418b037.jpg

Pictures are from the Xiaomiui Telegram Group

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 mit Tapatalk
Thanks mate. At last it has served me something to enter the forum

Reactions: iSayE
when android 11 come we can update over the android 10 or i must format data?
i have the latest beta

Hello
I have two problems ..
My widevine on my MI10 is L3, I have Magisk, I was in L1 before. How to solve this?
Secondly, my screen regularly drops to 60hz when I go to applications like Snapchat or even Google Maps but do not automatically return to 90hz, I have to manually reset it to 90hz in the "display" menu. It is really very painful.
Thanks for your time to help me.
I have Mi10 MIUI 20.12.2 and the refresh itself returns to 90Hz

For mı 10 umi do clone app work?
Well, it was a bit weird using it. It tries to enable work profile and disabling is kinda hard. I found a much better app that does ~exactly that (I think requires root). Plus, I ~can easily disable the work profile from the app drawer (the left "work" tab).
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Island app.

chinese miui 12.5 beta with android 11 is now available for some devices.
I'm looking forward to the first update ;-)

I was able to get accepted in the beta, had to pass a quiz as well. Anyways, will I already need to be on the China beta, or how will I be able to get on the 12.5 build?

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
Might be a late reply but if you want true OTA then you should be on 20.12.9 China beta and then just update to 20.12.25. Otherwise you could just format data and flash 20.12.25 .zip but OTA won't work the first time and it'll request from you to flash the full .zip (if you are on stock Mi Recovery, otherwise maybe OrangeFox could flash OTA, haven't really tried).

Reactions: ddj123
Might be a late reply but if you want true OTA then you should be on 20.12.9 China beta and then just update to 20.12.25. Otherwise you could just format data and flash 20.12.25 .zip but OTA won't work the first time and it'll request from you to flash the full .zip (if you are on stock Mi Recovery, otherwise maybe OrangeFox could flash OTA, haven't really tried).
To keep stock Mi Recovery, could I just flash the latest China stable via fastboot/Mi Flash, then flash 20.12.9 via Updater, then OTA to 12.5?

To keep stock Mi Recovery, could I just flash the latest China stable via fastboot/Mi Flash, then flash 20.12.9 via Updater, then OTA to 12.5?

I think its closed beta so you need to apply frst...

I think it should work that way but I've never tried it, just be sure that the clean all option is selected if you opt for this way, since MiFlash automatically selects the lock option. I'm not sure how it works with Stable to Developer bootloader-wise, but if your bootloader is already unlocked then keep it that way, especially if the phone is not the China ROM version.

The way I did it the last time when MIUI 12 was in beta was flash the .zip with TWRP and then reboot to system. TWRP doesn't have an option to stop stock ROMs from replacing custom recoveries with stock ones so when you reboot it will switch to Mi Recovery. Once you boot into MIUI, if you already have internal test privileges just go into Updater and from the 3 dot menu select the option to download latest (full) package and reboot once it's complete. After that you'll be able to install OTAs normally.

Just to be sure (if you opt for the TWPR method) you could reboot to recovery before the Updater step, if it's Mi Recovery then you're good to go (to go back to OS just select the first option with the power button, it will probably be in Chinese).

Reactions: Ulver
Wi-fi problem
It disconnects itself, and I have to restart it, the other devices in the house do not do the same.

Poco F2 Pro device

I think it should work that way but I've never tried it, just be sure that the clean all option is selected if you opt for this way, since MiFlash automatically selects the lock option. I'm not sure how it works with Stable to Developer bootloader-wise, but if your bootloader is already unlocked then keep it that way, especially if the phone is not the China ROM version.

The way I did it the last time when MIUI 12 was in beta was flash the .zip with TWRP and then reboot to system. TWRP doesn't have an option to stop stock ROMs from replacing custom recoveries with stock ones so when you reboot it will switch to Mi Recovery. Once you boot into MIUI, if you already have internal test privileges just go into Updater and from the 3 dot menu select the option to download latest (full) package and reboot once it's complete. After that you'll be able to install OTAs normally.

Just to be sure (if you opt for the TWPR method) you could reboot to recovery before the Updater step, if it's Mi Recovery then you're good to go (to go back to OS just select the first option with the power button, it will probably be in Chinese).
I did like you said with TWRP. Then got the OTA to 12.5! Thanks!
d6ad18406efc67b0ec7b23ac885f259d.jpg
977bfb53c418ec7eee5a048364d88f18.jpg

Nobody mentioned an odm folder.
If you are new to rom unpacking and repacking and image conversion, i suggest you use your device as it is.
The process involves converting the odm.new.dat.br inside the rom zip to odm.img then unpacking the odm.img, making your modification and repacking.
Then converting the modified odm.img to odm.new.dat.br and replacing in rom zip
This is not for average user.

Which is why I am leaving my device as it is as I know some things but not editing files in the rom itself.

How to decompress an "image / img" file or convert e.g. "system, vendor, odm.new.dat.br" I have described it in this threads…

# convert, brotli, image, new.dat.br, decompress, img, IMG_Extractor

Last edited:
Reactions: gkalen
Status
Not open for further replies.