MIUI 12.3 20.12.9/10

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My phone is Redmi K30i (Please note that "i" is 48m camera), version is xiaomi.eu v12.0.3.0
Now have a new verion of stable rom Android 11 v12.1.4.0 through OTA, should I upgrade to new rom?
I have upgrade to Android 11 v12.0.7.0 before through OTA but the camera can't work normally.

Any suggestion upgrade to stable rom 12.1.4 and the camera can work normally?

Please help as I'm incapable of solving this issue with TWRP not mounting and not letting me boot back to system: I noticed that TWRP didn't ask for password when I first booted into it. I didn't try going back to system and resetting the password, instead I switched mount mode to ext2 and back to extract and since then I have been unable to boot back to system. Now I'm just stuck here with wiping caches not doing anything. It does give me this error though, but I don't know what it means.

(Btw I have no idea why the interface is in Chinese. I can provided translation if needed for problemsolving but I've never set system language or twrp language to Chinese.)View attachment 33559View attachment 33560
Device is mi 10 or mi 10 pro , what exactly did you try to do ??
It's your first flash after unlocking bootloader ??
Did you saw anywhere to switch mount to ext2 ??

Device is mi 10 or mi 10 pro , what exactly did you try to do ??
It's your first flash after unlocking bootloader ??
Did you saw anywhere to switch mount to ext2 ??
Device is cmi and ive now installed cmi TWRP1206 but still encrypted. I managed to MPT copy firmware into storage and hard install in TWRP but no luck rebooting to android still.

@oknametra @Darius LAD Do you have mi 10/mi 10 pro/mi 10 ultra?
If yes, then you should have probably read in the forum that you should boot in newer twrps (0206/1206) to do what you want to do (btw, I think this might be fixed on mi 10 pro). The one that comes with the rom (3.0.4) cant decrypt the data, so if you want it to work you'll probably havw to remove any password and such (I think it's said patterns are allowed).
Also, the newer twrps are unstable, so they ~mustn't be flashed (even though I accidentally did it..)., only be BOOTED. It may take a little while to boot into that, but ~just wait to get into twrp.

Device is cmi and ive now installed cmi TWRP1206 but still encrypted. I managed to MPT copy firmware into storage and hard install in TWRP but no luck rebooting to android still.
It's first flash after unlock or not ??
Did you try to update rom version ??
As i can see you need to perform a format data , so if you already install the rom you can do a format data and reboot to system..
Wipe/ format data / .. type yes and hit enter
Then reboot to system ..
You will loose everything in internal memory after this ..

Edit
@Blastboom Strice
On CMI it's not like UMI , twrp is working fine and decrypt data without issues ..
Friend just followed his own procedure to flash ..

Last edited:
Lol, after a soft brick, to ~make a clean install I wiped cache, davlink cache and data, then wiped data, then did factory reset and flashed the rom (with otg). Afterwards, I wiped cache, davlink cache and data, then wiped data and then did a factory reset. I also had the magisk canary and it's beta zip which I flashed afterwards and wiped chache and davlink cache again.
(And baecause LP caused more bricks, in essense, I ~formated my phone ~25times that day.)
(Another edit:) kk @gkalen (thumbs up emojies, since I ~dunno how to post emojies here..).

Last edited:
Reactions: sdfre3
It's first flash after unlock or not ??
Did you try to update rom version ??
As i can see you need to perform a format data , so if you already install the rom you can do a format data and reboot to system..
Wipe/ format data / .. type yes and hit enter
Then reboot to system ..
You will loose everything in internal memory after this ..

Edit
@Blastboom Strice
On CMI it's not like UMI , twrp is working fine and decrypt data without issues ..
Friend just followed his own procedure to flash ..
Wow that means I have to do a clean wipe? This is not the first time of me installing rom. Been doing that since March and never had to do a total wipe. I haven't backed up my data. So sad do I really have to wipe it to get back to system.

Wow that means I have to do a clean wipe? This is not the first time of me installing rom. Been doing that since March and never had to do a total wipe. I haven't backed up my data. So sad do I really have to wipe it to get back to system.
Unfortunately yes if you can't boot to system..
There is an option also to try if you can delete fingerprint data from twrp but as data is encrypted now you can't do that ..
The best twrp is 1206 to use now , you shouldn't have problems with cmi ..

You can try to flash official recovery if you have luck to boot from there to system ..

Last edited:
@Darius LAD hey ~don't rush! Boot into recovery and connect your device to a pc or an extrnal disk. From the file manager of the twrp backup your data. I think you can also perform nandroid backups (or use adb commands to do backups) which retain the data of the apps (and the apps themselves).

Reactions: JiaiJ
The file format on Mi 10 (umi) is f2fs. Should this not be the same for cmi? (Not ext2)
Everyone tries his own procedure , his own wipes or changing mount points and i really can't understand it , installation procedure written a thousand times but still users do whatever they want and finally ended with bricks or other issues ..

@Blastboom Strice
To did what you said , twrp must be decrypted , if it's encrypted can't do anything , unfortunately as he said internal storage is encrypted and can't see anything ..
Only with correct decryption on twrp can be done , but if twrp can decrypt correct there is no need for twrp's file manager , he can copy his files on pc as usual and will not faced issues with booting ..
Only via fastboot can be pulled files or folders from sd card to pc , he can do a Google search for that..

You shouldn't have tried to install 1206 over 3.4.0.
Try booting 1206 from fastboot.

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

You shouldn't have tried to install 1206 over 3.4.0.
Try booting 1206 from fastboot.

There is no problem with twrp 1206 on cmi , it's not like umi , he can do whatever he wants ..

And why he can't decrypt data if so?
Just asking, trying to understand.

I did, but it didn't ask my question
:)
Doesn't say which twrp he had before. Can't be seen from the pictures.
He changed the file system.
Not sure, but I don't think 1206 should be flashed over 3.4.0. it could be booted, alright, but for flashing over I think it wouldn't work.
Aside changing the file system.
Fortunately Xiaomi tool is there to the rescue....
:)

Coming back here to report The screenshot error.
Sometimes works, sometimes dont
when dont work i had to make the gesture 3 times to take a print using a k30 5g, and this issue was on olders roms too.
on the print says
"System UI"
"was not able to capture the screen"
"occurred an error when saving a screenshot"
PS: I Had the same problem With the LP, it soft bricked and i had another with Edxposed

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-12-27 at 9.36.22 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-12-27 at 9.36.22 AM.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 280
"System UI"
"was not able to capture the screen"
"occurred an error when saving a screenshot"
I saw this happening to me when saving long "scrollshots". It saves the scrollshot, but it says in the motification bar it didn't. Well, as long as in reality it takes the pic it ~doesn't annoy me (much).
2extra notes:

Work profile ~works much better with island app (from playstore).

Also did you manage to give lp root access and not brick your phone? @lucastmendoncaf

I'm still happy with 20.11.18 EUon my cmi Mi 10 Pro: best battery life, smooth, stable and acceptable small problems,

Last edited:
Hi guys.

Did a clean inatallation of this rom 20.12.10 on mi9t. Had last miui eu stable before.

Autobrightness is too low with this rom, where i almost cant see anything. I had not this issue on stable. Anyone with this issue? I can always turn off autobrightness, but I always had this feature on.

Last edited:
Hi guys.

Did a clean inatallation of this rom on mi9t. Had last miui eu stable before.

Autobrightness is too low with this rom, where i almost cant see anything. I had not this issue on stable. Anyone with this issue? I can always turn off autobrightness, but I always had this feature on.
Btw, I 'updated' to dev version, because Android auto was faulty on my previous rom. I'm considering to go back to stable miui eu (clean instalation) because of the autobrightness issue, and try to configure AA with that clean instalation. Anyone with a dev release where autobrightness working well on mi 9t?

Clean Installed this ROM last week on my Mi Note 10. Everything is fine and working except of the following minor issues.

1. Control Center has 1-2 secs delays.
2. Charging Animation glow is just a static image.

@rgalvao and for the rest:
~Try to find work arounds to your problems. It may not be the best solution, but ehh, it's beta (though it seems like beta it ~is the new stable nowadays..).
With a very quick search I ~found an app that does the auto brightness itself https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.velis.auto.brightness
(and you can probably set it the way you want). I think it requires root, but you probably have root. I ~too was thinking about removing the beta when I soft bricked my phone, but it turbed out it was ~due to an app that probably wasn't very compatible with android 11 and giving it root access ~bricked the phone.

Reactions: gkalen
Status
Not open for further replies.