MIUI 12.0 20.5.21

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what's most annoying is this damn flashlight! Again and again she comes on spontaneously, especially when talking on the phone. Can't that finally be fixed?!
never had/heard about the problem with flashlight turning on! maybe you've set a gesture for the torch app in the settings>Additional settings>Button shortcuts.

The system launcher is still not at the level of third parties. In connection with the Google Feed, it stutters tremendously. There is also still no Icon Pack Support.

the system launcher is done with most typical features in mind not the most customization. there is a reason why custom launchers exist because everyone wants something done differently. same thing about icon pack support miui has it's own icon pack system.

So I really don't know... maybe Magisk module incompatibility if you have another modules installed/enabled. ;)
No problem, I just use TWRP 1.4 fix from you, this one should work.
Btw, is there a way to disable a magisk module from within TWRP?

never had/heard about the problem with flashlight turning on! maybe you've set a gesture for the torch app in the settings>Additional settings>Button shortcuts.

the system launcher is done with most typical features in mind not the most customization. there is a reason why custom launchers exist because everyone wants something done differently. same thing about icon pack support miui has it's own icon pack system.
The problem with the flashlight occurs with many Mi 9 users. I have deactivated all gestures and key assignments for switching on the flashlight.
As for icon pack support, I would have assumed that something like this would be implemented at least in the eu. After all, there are functions like Google Feed that are not available in the original MIUI Launcher.

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Luys Fernnando
The problem with the flashlight occurs with many Mi 9 users. I have deactivated all gestures and key assignments for switching on the flashlight.
As for icon pack support, I would have assumed that something like this would be implemented at least in the eu. After all, there are functions like Google Feed that are not available in the original MIUI Launcher.

Can confirm. Phone is laying on the table and flash just got turned on while reading this forum. I have assigned long AI button press for light but i only touched screen.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Hi, i have latest Stable (11.0.9) on Mi9, what do i need to do to install this? Just install dirty way, withount deleting anything, or it's better to do something?

I have no root, that's not a problem.

Tks.

No problem, I just use TWRP 1.4 fix from you, this one should work.
Btw, is there a way to disable a magisk module from within TWRP?
Disabling a Magisk module is not easy from within TWRP, but you can easily remove a magisk module using "File Manager" (in "Advanced" menu):
Browse to "/data/adb/modules/" then delete module's folder you want to remove.
;)

Reactions: Putti

To use back original google play icons, just delete the folder /system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons and apply default theme.

Reactions: pittrich67
Hi all,
I've just upgraded my mi8 to the latest MIUI 12. everythinks looks good, except one thing:
There is White stripe in the bottom center of the screen, why its there. How can remove it? See it on the attached screenshots below keyboard

hmm interesting! I sold my mi 9 a couple month ago but didn't have this problem.
the usb/charging chip on my mi9 broke so i repaired it and sold it

regarding the icon pack:
if you want to get your hands dirty you can write some kind of converter for the icon packs :D

The difference is that miui saves images by package name for example the icon for messaging app will be "com.android.mms.png" located under system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons

But icon packs save icons with arbitrary names as the developer wants and use a conversion table usually icons are located in res/drawable-nodpi-v4 inside the Apk file. also the table will be theme_resources.xml which lists what package uses what image.

so what needs to be done is to convert your app/script needs to:
  1. decompress the icon pack apk
  2. read the xml table
  3. copy icons from res/drawable-nodpi-v4 to another folder and rename it according to the xml table
  4. after that you can copy the folder to your phone and overwrite the icons already there
  5. optionally you can make a magisk zip so that it's faster to apply or change
I wanted to do it years ago but didn't get to it and there wasn't any icon packs that i liked that much :D they all missed some icons
maybe someone else already did

MIUI 12 is getting more and more performant from version to version. Very nice animations, good RAM management, good battery life.
But two things still bother me. The system launcher is still not at the level of third parties. In connection with the Google Feed, it stutters tremendously. There is also still no Icon Pack Support. The Dark Mode only works with the Google Feed when you exit and restart the Google app.
But what's most annoying is this damn flashlight! Again and again she comes on spontaneously, especially when talking on the phone. Can't that finally be fixed?!
Finally, a question. Why is there no eu for the Redmi 8T?

I already reported this problem, with auto triggering actions assigned to AI button during call, twice to xiaomi and without a single response from them. I think it started on version MIUI 11.0.5 or something like that and still not fixed, even in miui 12 beta.
So why do they have feedback application when they do nothing about bugs that i report them? Its completely useless if they wont fix bugs from feedback then they should delete app for it.

Reactions: pittrich67
Anyone know how to fix reset MIUI 12 stock theme after upgrade from miui 11 (not format data)

Notification shade is missing transparent..

I tried many things
- set default theme
- install rom 2 times
- change theme custom theme - none of the themes show wallpaper in notification panel

Any ideas?
System setting or root change I can make?
ca3f04b8e038532bb7635938b5c808b5.jpg

hmm interesting! I sold my mi 9 a couple month ago but didn't have this problem.
the usb/charging chip on my mi9 broke so i repaired it and sold it

regarding the icon pack:
if you want to get your hands dirty you can write some kind of converter for the icon packs :D

The difference is that miui saves images by package name for example the icon for messaging app will be "com.android.mms.png" located under system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons

But icon packs save icons with arbitrary names as the developer wants and use a conversion table usually icons are located in res/drawable-nodpi-v4 inside the Apk file. also the table will be theme_resources.xml which lists what package uses what image.

so what needs to be done is to convert your app/script needs to:
  1. decompress the icon pack apk
  2. read the xml table
  3. copy icons from res/drawable-nodpi-v4 to another folder and rename it according to the xml table
  4. after that you can copy the folder to your phone and overwrite the icons already there
  5. optionally you can make a magisk zip so that it's faster to apply or change
I wanted to do it years ago but didn't get to it and there wasn't any icon packs that i liked that much :D they all missed some icons
maybe someone else already did
As I said, regarding the flashlight, I've read about this problem in many other forums.
As for the icons, thanks for the tip. I'll get started right now. It's a shame that you didn't continue working on the magisk module
My favorite Icon Pack is

Reactions: B!GBOY
I already reported this problem, with auto triggering actions assigned to AI button during call, twice to xiaomi and without a single response from them. I think it started on version MIUI 11.0.5 or something like that and still not fixed, even in miui 12 beta.
So why do they have feedback application when they do nothing about bugs that i report them? Its completely useless if they wont fix bugs from feedback then they should delete app for it.
Since I never use the flashlight anyway, I would prefer to deactivate it. This would probably also mean that a camera flash would no longer work

Hi all,
I've just upgraded my mi8 to the latest MIUI 12. everythinks looks good, except one thing:
There is White stripe in the bottom center of the screen, why its there. How can remove it? See it on the attached screenshots below keyboard

Those stripes are called "Full Screen Indicator" and you can hide them , where you can configure the full screen gestures (under "additional settings")

From server androidfilehost, there are no mirrors available.
And from sourceforge it download HMK30pro ROM instead of Mi8explorer rom.

Edit: I was able to download it from desktop computer.

Regards

Enviado desde mi MI 8 Explorer Edition mediante Tapatalk

Next time you just switch to desktop mode in google chrome browser and it will download to your mobile phone, it happened to me last night I did this and it worked.

Reactions: Arnaldo
Hi everyone! I am having an issue in general with all these xiaomi.eu miui roms. I tried 11 and 12 and the issue I am facing is - it loads into the phone okay I need to activate the phone with my Mi Account and connect to internet, however it only stays in the system for about 1 minute and then I get a loading icon and the phone automatically reboots back into TWRP recovery.
I have read through the guide and made sure to format data etc before installing the zip for this rom.

The phone is the china version, I have it unlocked and was running the EEA global version absolutely fine. I decided to try these roms as I see really good things, but the phone always reboots back to recovery (though it does load into the system okay at first). Any ideas why this could be happening would be much appreciated :)

It appears to be an issue with the Chinese variant.
I'm in exactly the same boat as you, Mi 10 Pro on the 11.0.10.0 miui running fine. As soon as I update to any Miui 12 everything installs fine but before I can put my network details in the phone reboots.

I also notice that my sim says not inserted and I've tried in both slots on the sim tray. I think I'm going to wait for the official release OTA and see what happens.
I'm quite happy with Miui 11 to be honest.

Reactions: FalconRisin
thanks to devs for new beta version (whyred), installed easy on version 20.5.14 (wipe cache / dalvik cache) and all is ok and feel more speed...
but have the same (as before) things
1) the vertical list of letters at the right side on phone / contacts app is only in English language (not local) so not works for me
2) have more consumption of ram, about 10% more compared to miui 11
3) on font size settings the M (medium) size is missing
4) on the notification panel (top left) the time set it is only in English time format (not local)
Camon guys, change leters and other things from english to lokal (I gues to Greek) for my neighbor

Reactions: thanfun
This release is great. Noticeable overall improvement.

But, after this one version, fingerprint not working. The screen goes dark and fingers are not recognized at all, for unlock and for add fingerprint.

Mi 9T

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-22-12-06-34-889_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-22-12-06-34-889_com.android.settings.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 205
Status
Not open for further replies.