MIUI 12.0 20.5.7

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you find a second file?

Updater found this file (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_20.5.7_0a49bb1352_v12-10.zip) 2 days ago and installed.
Today updater warned me that there is a new update (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_20.5.7_d0862b3807_v12-10.zip) but i got md5 match error.

In fact, the md5 of the two files are identical.

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

Updater found this file (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_20.5.7_0a49bb1352_v12-10.zip) 2 days ago and installed.
Today updater warned me that there is a new update (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_20.5.7_d0862b3807_v12-10.zip) but i got md5 match error.

In fact, the md5 of the two files are identical.

I have a similar issue....i downloaded the file from androidfilehost...installed via twrp....and after 2 days updater claims that there is a new version. I downloaded via the updater but when finished updater says there was an error of the file...checked with md5 checker and both files have the same md5....

Hi, what Is the correct file for mi8 dipper between:

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_20.5.7_d0862b3807_v12-10.zip

xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_20.5.7_0a49bb1352_v12-10.zip

When i download from updater i got 1st file but md5 hash corresponds to 2nd file.

Thanks

same with me on mi 8, is there are new version?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Hey

I cannot set-up new card in Google Pay using miui 12 with stock launcher.
Google Pay says that other app is blocking (something like that other app may be driving over the screen).

IMG_20200510_064146.jpg

Tricky solution: after changing launcher it works, so I'm afraid that it is china ROM bug not Xiaomi.eu.

Okay, after a while with MIUI 12 here are my thoughts: after all bugs are fixed (including dark mode) it is by far the best MIUI till today, and one of the best ROMs I have dealed with (I still remember my first Android phone when it came out with Android 1.6) and it has been quite a ride...

IMHO if this rom would include 2 minor UI details then I would definitely choose it as the number 1 UI for a mobile phone (iOS included in the comparison): one is the transparency of google search bar - with the same blur effect of the control/notifications centers, it would be perfect; the other would be actual gps center on Earth Super Wallpaper... I would give the same rating with only the first one being met.

I am eager to see the direction of this rom, and I didn't had this feeling for a rom for a long long time now...

I believe devs (Xiaomi and .Eu project have here the perfect opportunity to really shine on the nowadays UI scene).

That's it... My two cents on this rom... Not that it matters anything, but yeah, I had to say it...

Regards,
Vitor Correia

Enviado do meu Redmi K20 Pro através do Tapatalk

Does MIUI 12 not group notifications anymore? Because i had a lot of notifications on MIUI 11 (with minimal priority) and they all grouped up really neatly. And now that is not happening. Is it a bug, a feature? Some config I missed somehow on this new ROM? Because now, minimal priority or not, all notifications show the same way, and look cluttered. I tried MIUI style, Android style (current) and even turning off control center, which just made them all look even messier lol.

This is my only gripe with this atm. All else seems good. Phone is Mix 3.

Thank you for all your hard work devs!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-10-00-05-32-891_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-10-00-05-32-891_com.miui.home.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 170
Camera is broken on my mix 3 even after recent OAT update. Just keeps telling me "Can't connect to camera". It's the same with any other camera app as well. Dirty update from 20.4.30. Camera worked fine on previous rom
I did Clean Install. Camera good and fast work on 20.5.7

why do banking apps not work with full screen gestures? anyone got a link to an actual case where this was used for profit
I don't know by you, but by me the full screen gestures are not working at all in the last beta. They have just work in the initial MIUI12 beta.
Regardless I did (dirty flash, clean flash of 5.7, clean flash of 4.30 and then 5.7, with data format and all) the full screen gestures are not working.

By the way, I use a Mi Mix3. Is there a fix or something? Because I am very used on full screen gestures...

L.E. I have installed, on someone's suggestion the app Full Navigation Gestures (FNG). Amazing! Problem solved for now!

Last edited:
I have one bug found in the mail app (Exchange). All energy optimzers are off for this app. But often it don´t sync with wireless lan or it only downloads the mails in a very slow speed. When i turn off wireless the exchange only take seconds. Browser and all other apps are running fast i Wlan, only the mail app is affected.

Same here, just delete the browser then, not in use an anyway :)

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

I have now deleted one of the super wallpapers, the weather app and the Miui browser and now I have space again. I have almost 300 MB free again.

I cannot set a scrollable wallpaper anymore (although the resolution is huge), is this a bug or feature?

Great job!! I have an issue with Wear Os, don't pairing to my watch and my Xiaomi Air 2 don't work fine with ldac.

Enviado desde mi Redmi K20 Pro mediante Tapatalk

If you have issues that ''other'' files occupied a huge amount of internal storage, like in my case 11Gb. Boot twrp copy ALL data/files to PC, wipe only internal storage, reboot to system than reboot back to recovery, copy that files back. Done, "other" files should gone.
There must be a more easy way, in my case other files occupies about 5 gbyte. It takes hours to copy all stuff forth and back for me.
Other files must be visible somewhere with a root explorer or something

The Clock app is not that of MIUI 12.
The My Account page is not that of MIUI 12.
The font is still not that of MIUI 12.
MIUI 11S?

On my MI 9T Pro, Installation from TWRP fails. Anybody with the same problem?
Check MD5 value of the ROM's zip (e.g. using "Solid Explorer" file manager app) and compare it with this one => f2e18cdcd78cffb96f42ece871b9898b

If not the same, you need to re-download it. :)

You may also check in TWRP options if "check zip signature" is disabled. If not, you must disable this option. ;)

I have one bug found in the mail app (Exchange). All energy optimzers are off for this app. But often it don´t sync with wireless lan or it only downloads the mails in a very slow speed. When i turn off wireless the exchange only take seconds. Browser and all other apps are running fast i Wlan, only the mail app is affected.

try with another app (outlook, k9-mail ...)

Hello miui eu Team,
I made a dirty update from the last miui 11 to 12 20.5.7. (mi9)
till now it works thank you vor your work.
best regards
Knut

Status
Not open for further replies.