MIUI 12.1 20.6.18

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi8 always overheat up to 4x°c when I updated this version. I have seen the process "com.miui.notification: remote" using a lot of power.

Mi8 always overheat up to 4x°c when I updated this version. I have seen the process "com.miui.notification: remote" using a lot of power.
Same here, Mi Note 10, com.miui.notification: remote using almost same power as screen. What/why is this?

Reactions: jan-glx
can someone explain to me why the xiaomi ue roms change the native buttons of the phones,

I would like to know if this edition is done by the developers, that is, they change these native buttons with which they usually put
or does it come like this from the Chinese rom?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 311
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 320
Reactions: zed85
Installed the latest video drivers on Ginkgo with magisk

Amazing results, hope to get better battery life on future ROM releases

Thanks for the great job

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk

I can't update Netflix over play store anymore on my Mi9se. What can be the cause and it's there any fix for it?

Gingko/redmi note 8 - not sure, probably Mi Mover, which after the update looks "normal"... BTW, Howto update graphics driver? Don't have the feeling, it's necessary, but in case.

Still problem that screen stays black in this version on my Mi9se. This happens occasionally, but it's very annoying.

Go to lockscreen and password > manager fingerprints > turn off the option "Show fingerprint icon when the screen is off".
Maybe it solves.

Installed the latest video drivers on Ginkgo with magisk

Amazing results, hope to get better battery life on future ROM releases

Thanks for the great job

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk
Does this really makes such a big difference? My notification panel animation seems just nice and fluid, I see no lag or redraws of any type. Where else can we notice the difference updating the drivers? I guess I´ll need to give that thread a good read to document myself on the benifits.
Slds,

can someone explain to me why the xiaomi ue roms change the native buttons of the phones,

I would like to know if this edition is done by the developers, that is, they change these native buttons with which they usually put
or does it come like this from the Chinese rom?

The navigation buttons in the first pic are the same in Indian rom version also, that has always been like that. I guess that should be the same in China variant too, on which MIUI Eu is based. And judging by google dialler and google messages in second pic, it seems buttons in Global rom are like that.

Redmi Note 8 miui 12 20.6.17 netflix black screen with sound

i have magisk and L1 DRM
Hello,

That's looks like an old bug... Mi 9T Pro had this issue in the past => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...d-others-widevine-is-l3-now.53778/post-526558

You can try to remove Widevine L1 usage in the ROM. Simply install this zip in TWRP => TWRP_Widevine_L1_Remover_v2.zip (this will NOT remove Widevine certificat of your device. It's safe to use. If you want to get Widevine L1 back, reinstall the ROM)

Better to see Netflix without Full HD quality than nothing (until fixed). ^^

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: nani667
Mi 6 here. Auto rotate doesn't work after some time. I've rebooted 3 times today to fix it. After rebooting it works but then it doesn't again. So i need to reboot it again.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: normo
For me new driver improved 3d Mark results (i dont play ganes Btw), however control center still lags, but with less frequency than beforw. IMO its not vwey worthy, but in the othwe hand its quite easy to install and you dont loose nothing. Lets see If It affects SOT.

If you want to risk, install the updated GPU drivers. The difference is noticeable.

Steps I've made on my Mix2S:
1- download OpenGL-V@464.0_Vulkan-1.1.128_flashable-treble-v3.1.zip from htxxs://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1_WtDAhm3nGEyCd6y5z5Xhk6G6GQXRcou/1L6OJHx-bq5_cHhW6j4JehDVEZvUfrUDM/1K1NYA_OEDAtIfd11jWoTbSSvaCuvYpXT?usp=drive_open&sort=13&direction=a
2- reboot to recovery
3- wipe cache and dalvik
4- mount system and vendor
5- flash the zip
6- wipe cache and dalvik
7- reboot

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk
How's battery life after flashing the drivers on ur phone?

Can I dirty flash to downgrade to 20.6.11?

My mi8 have battery drain problem because of the process "com.miui.notification: remote"

Why do you think the call recorder works perfectly without bluetooth but with the car's handsfree it only works when I call but when I receive the call the recording is empty?
Is there a technical explanation for this?

For me new driver improved 3d Mark results (i dont play ganes Btw), however control center still lags, but with less frequency than beforw. IMO its not vwey worthy, but in the othwe hand its quite easy to install and you dont loose nothing. Lets see If It affects SOT.
Whats your device? I see not lag on control center just a nice fluid animation. I'm on a Mi 8 running latest weekly and I'm curious to see how much better graphics get to some that have updated their drivers. I think I'll stay away from that mode for now.
Slds,

Just tested the updated OpenGL & Vulkan drivers in my Mi 8 (dipper).
The scores are pretty much the same before and after the driver update based on 3dMark app.
No noticeable performance improvement either.

View attachment 30622

View attachment 30623
thanks for this, for sure different results for others as everyone runs different setups but this drivers thing had me wondering if I was missing a nice improvement but I think maybe not so much after seeing your results.
Slds,

Has it happened to others to have the data of free / available gigabytes indicated in GBB?

Just tested the updated OpenGL & Vulkan drivers in my Mi 8 (dipper).
The scores are pretty much the same before and after the driver update based on 3dMark app.
No noticeable performance improvement either.

View attachment 30622

View attachment 30623

for me it is the same and I do not see any difference in the xiaomi mi9 with these controllers for me it is the same, maybe it will help others but in mi9 it doesn't make sense to have this because no differences

The navigation buttons in the first pic are the same in Indian rom version also, that has always been like that. I guess that should be the same in China variant too, on which MIUI Eu is based. And judging by google dialler and google messages in second pic, it seems buttons in Global rom are like that.

I know this, I know that the Chinese rom comes natively with these buttons that Xiaomi.ue uses. and that the xiaomi global version phones come with the pixel buttons, natively. so i put this to see if anyone knew how to get back the global native buttons without using apps from play store just editing in the system (deleting and replacing buttons) to do it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.