MIUI 12.0 20.6.4

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
go to Mount in TWRP and make sure system is checked. to me it wasn't checked. now when u check System under mount -> reboot to recovery -> and then install Magisk again. it worked for me.
Didn't work for me. Only through the Orange recovery have I ended up flashing Magisk.

But it was super laggy, couldn't even set up root. So I've reverted back.

Anyone else running into the same issue? Is no one rooting MIUI anymore?!

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Official website => https://files.orangefox.download/OrangeFox-Stable/davinci/
"R10.1_2" version.
Install the zip file directly in your current TWRP. ;)
It worked, but it was too damn laggy to even set up root. Hell, I couldn't even run Magisk properly, even after a couple of reboots.

So I've reverted back.

Are you rooted on MIUI 12? And if so, how the hell are you keeping up with it?!

did you want to answer me now or just ask?

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk
Nah, I just ask b/c on nova it's the same issue, but within Google apk it works so it's not launcher related.

6d64dec7cc3149b98e624c5d16ac0c5a.jpg

Looks like permission or trust issue on Google side, since it's not a native implementation or something.

I don't really care, if I need the menu then I use the Google app itself as workaround, I was just curious if it's a nova issue or general.

Regards

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Reactions: pittrich67
It worked, but it was too damn laggy to even set up root. Hell, I couldn't even run Magisk properly, even after a couple of reboots.

So I've reverted back.

Are you rooted on MIUI 12? And if so, how the hell are you keeping up with it?!

I'm rooted with Magisk 20.4 on miui 12 20.6.4, I did it like this :

-wipe data + cache/dalvik
-install rom

Then I tried to install magisk but error 1, so I flashed the rom's boot.img and I tried to install magisk again, and it worked

Recap :

-wipe data + cache/dalvik
-install rom
-try to install magisk
-flash rom's boot.img
-re-flash magisk
-enjoy

Twrp 3.3.1-0, Magisk works very well (I'm french sorry for the mistakes).
18a34730a3c00fb252632ea24c2c982d.jpg

Envoyé de mon Mi 9T en utilisant Tapatalk

Old bugs have returned in the Mi 8 Pro.

Xiaomi.eu 20.6.4:

Soft reboot when trying to eject a USB stick. This has already happened in some old versions of miui11 .eu, but it had stopped. Now in this latest version of miui12 .eu this happened again. The watermark on Mi 8 Pro only appears as "Mi 8", in the versions of miui11.eu "Mi 8 Pro" appeared on the watermark.

Power Monitor no longer shows the resolution and frame rate, as it showed in the first version of MIUI12 .eu.

Dirty flashed over previous version (first time i dirty flash). Now animations are less fluid and sometimes buggy. But the real problem is that recents view dont show any recent app randomly. Reboot doesnt help. Any idea?
Mi note 10/CC9 pro - Tucana

I won't use this rom anymore. Actually, I CAN'T use it anymore due to error 7 in twrp. Nobody wants to help me here even though I asked for help multiple times so I installed MiRoom instead, and let me tell you it's better.
Can you report and elaborate what is better in this rom and what we can push devs to copy in order to improve eu rom......lol

Can you report and elaborate what is better in this rom and what we can push devs to copy in order to improve eu rom......lol
Don't bother. I already warned about mentioning that kanger ROM on this forum, he should have listened. It's funny when some come with the "I do you a favor that I use your ROM" kind of mentality, as if we could care any less.

Hello. I've searched in and out of the forum for a while now. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a port of this ROM for Redmi Note 6 Pro?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Hello. I've searched in and out of the forum for a while now. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a port of this ROM for Redmi Note 6 Pro?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk
List of supported devices is at first page.
If not any more supported go to stable rom:

RN5 Pro 4/64 lags as hell after update. And there is error when try to flash HAL3_ENABLE zip file for *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* (which works in every update from almost year ago)...
I started to think that this is it - time for some less heavy rom (Lineage, Havoc or whatever), or new phone.

I'm getting really tired of cleaning the weekly threads. Don't make me resort to auto-banning.

Yep, this is it, ciao!

Hello, installed latest version in my whyred (redmi note 5) and is working very good! No lags at all, no problem, clean flash with Orangefox recovery and rooted with magisk 20.4, seems perfect.
Many thanks for the MIUI 12 rom!

Reactions: fr3d0x
Dirty flashed over previous version (first time i dirty flash). Now animations are less fluid and sometimes buggy. But the real problem is that recents view dont show any recent app randomly. Reboot doesnt help. Any idea?
Mi note 10/CC9 pro - Tucana
Same problem here on Mi Note 10 Pro. Had to revert to previous build this latest version was unusable because of these multitasking issues.

Reactions: jmcs4
Old bugs have returned in the Mi 8 Pro.

Xiaomi.eu 20.6.4:

Soft reboot when trying to eject a USB stick. This has already happened in some old versions of miui11 .eu, but it had stopped. Now in this latest version of miui12 .eu this happened again. The watermark on Mi 8 Pro only appears as "Mi 8", in the versions of miui11.eu "Mi 8 Pro" appeared on the watermark.

Power Monitor no longer shows the resolution and frame rate, as it showed in the first version of MIUI12 .eu.
Seems to be kernel bug, so the xiaomi.eu devs can't do anything about it. Report directly to xiaomi if you want.

Same problem here on Mi Note 10 Pro. Had to revert to previous build this latest version was unusable because of these multitasking issues.

How do you revert to previous build? Dirty flash over this? I cant use this too
Thanks

Lovely

Such a great build, I can feel so much faster and smoother than old ones

Til now it works perfectly on my Mix 3
421f075eb801d64e2872c620fa6cb9de.jpg

Sent from my MIX 3 using Tapatalk

My battery behaviour seems to be pretty normal, but please look at my Android system drain, that's more than unusual
Mi9se

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_110221.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 189
Had to start over from scratch. Formated data and flashed. Not sure you can dirty flash an older version.
Thank you. But i think that if i have to clean flash and set Up everything again, i prefer to give a try to new build cleanflashed.

Anyone knows if its possible to downgrade to previous build with dirty flash?

Nah, I just ask b/c on nova it's the same issue, but within Google apk it works so it's not launcher related.

6d64dec7cc3149b98e624c5d16ac0c5a.jpg

Looks like permission or trust issue on Google side, since it's not a native implementation or something.

I don't really care, if I need the menu then I use the Google app itself as workaround, I was just curious if it's a nova issue or general.

Regards

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk
I had an update of the Google app today and everything is fine again

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

Downgrades with dirty flash (almost) never work.
Okay, i think i Will stay with navigation bar then, at least multitasking works with this. Thanks

Btw I noticed that Double tap on recents button usually doesnt swap between apps.

Also widgets like Whatsapp, when you scroll down to read the list of messages It expands control center/notifications

Mi note 10 / CC9 pro - Tucana

Status
Not open for further replies.