MIUI 12.1 20.7.16

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the excellent work!

Anyone else is having this fingerprint settings issue in Mi 9? I got it since two versions ago, tried clean install and still happening
1595004628203.jpg

I'm rooted with Magisk, maybe that's the issue.
Anyway, I managed to get some deep sleep after hibernating with Greenify almost all apps I could(beside some apps I use for communication) and turning on aggressive doze. I hope it'll stay like that.
I got something.
I did try some tests, and after I grant android.permission.BATTERY_STATS, android.permission.DUMP and android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS my device doesn't deep sleep anymore. I uninstaled Better battery stats and Gsam, reinstaled Gsam and my device still doesn't deep sleep.
PS: I did this because my device doens't have root, so I need to grant some permissions over adb (if you have root, the app get these permissions automatically), and after it my device doesn't sleep anymore.

Edit: after uninstaled and reinstaled Gsam (and the better battery stats are still uninstaled) without grant android.permission.BATTERY_STATS my device went back to deep sleep.

Last edited:
I got something.
I did try some tests, and after I grant android.permission.BATTERY_STATS, android.permission.DUMP and android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS my device doesn't deep sleep anymore. I uninstaled Better battery stats and Gsam, reinstaled Gsam and my device still doesn't deep sleep.
PS: I did this because my device doens't have root, so I need to grant some permissions over adb (if you have root, the app get these permissions automatically), and after it my device doesn't sleep anymore.

Edit: after uninstaled and reinstaled Gsam (and the better battery stats are still uninstaled) without grant android.permission.BATTERY_STATS my device went back to deep sleep.
strange...
you think its a root problem?

Reactions: danilomazzaro
strange...you think its a root problem?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe there is a problem with this permission. This permission is granted "automatically" when you use Gsam or Better battery stats on a rooted device, something should happen and the device will not go into deep sleep. I don't know if you can efficiently deny it when you have root and the app can request it again, and without it your consumption record is no longer very detailed, but you can see if your deep sleep works well.
Perhaps it could be when you try to see if your device goes into deep sleep, GSAM itself creates this problem when it gets this permission. The best way that you can test this (and I know how boring it is to do so, but I don't see any other option) is to compare your autonomy with the installed GSAM with when it is not installed.

Gyroscope, Accelerometer and Compass/ Magnetometer doesn´t Work in Apps and Games on the Redmi Note 8. In CIT Test is everything OK.

UPDATE:
It works again after a reboot.

Last edited:
removed all root permissions with the manager (have magisk here) will see...but looks like its it...
when i disabled the auto update of playstore solved a time, but returned sometime after...now will see....if stays normal (deep sleep) will remove magisk completelly
Guys it's not magisk or root related...

cc9f0cf632c0ec68a1539e16c7ce13d0.jpg

Did nothing special, works oob.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

removed all root permissions with the manager (have magisk here) will see...but looks like its it...
when i disabled the auto update of playstore solved a time, but returned sometime after...now will see....if stays normal (deep sleep) will remove magisk completelly
So you think that root is the problem causing no deep sleep or Gsam?
I don't think so, but I really like to hear about your findings.

So you think that root is the problem causing no deep sleep or Gsam?
I don't think so, but I really like to hear about your findings.
Over here it looks Gsam and/or better battery stats with a specific permission granted only with rooted device or adb. Devices with root have this issue with Gsam because automatically grants one specific permission. Over here, my devices aren ot rooted and, after I grant BATTERY_STATS and PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS permissions over adb, the non deep sleep issue starts. It did not means are a root issue, but root grants this permission without any confirmation step. There are one user testing this, with a rooted phone, but manually deny these permissions. Probably we will have some answers after a few hours. Or maybe a few more questions xD

Reactions: Putti
Sharing from gallery is not working again. I have to tap the desired app icon multiple times to make it work. This bug was fixed in previous versions, but now it's back again.
The same disturbing problem on my MI 9SE and I would be interested in the solution as well.

Over here it looks Gsam and/or better battery stats with a specific permission granted only with rooted device or adb. Devices with root have this issue with Gsam because automatically grants one specific permission. Over here, my devices aren ot rooted and, after I grant BATTERY_STATS and PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS permissions over adb, the non deep sleep issue starts. It did not means are a root issue, but root grants this permission without any confirmation step. There are one user testing this, with a rooted phone, but manually deny these permissions. Probably we will have some answers after a few hours. Or maybe a few more questions xD
i denyed all permissions with magisk manager...and so far deep sleep seems to work...before denying sometimes had deep sleep sometimes didnt....
so i decided to denny for all my apps the superSU...and looks working fine...for me its enought...

Reactions: danilomazzaro
so many people wishing the wallpaper super that are not compatible with their phones,

and I have a mi9, and I am not interested in those super wallpapers
at all.

what a great dilemma

Hallo,
I´m using "fairmail" as my mailapp and it works very well.
But since the last two versions it wont show up a mail icon in the taskbar.
I tried a lot to fix it.
Reinstalled it, used default settings, battery optimation was disabled and so on.
Any hints for me to fix that?

best regards!

Hallo,
I´m using "fairmail" as my mailapp and it works very well.
But since the last two versions it wont show up a mail icon in the taskbar.
I tried a lot to fix it.
Reinstalled it, used default settings, battery optimation was disabled and so on.
Any hints for me to fix that?

best regards!
if its not receiving email and showing if u dont start/open you need to put it in automatic startup

my gmail if i dont let it start automatic it dont show the incoming mail....just when i open it

if its not receiving email and showing if u dont start/open you need to put it in automatic startup

my gmail if i dont let it start automatic it dont show the incoming mail....just when i open it
Thaks for your reply.
Fairmail its allow to autostart, it also shows an icon if there is an incoming mail. But if you wish down and up again, the mailicon disappear.
In the last version of miui there it had another behaviour.

My Mi9lite is now with 20.7.9. I would like to go back to 20.6.18 which I feel that battery is not drained like 20.7.9.

Question is : Could I do like I did when flashing from 20.6.18->20.7.2? It is still MIUI 12 but minor rollback. Dirty or Clean flash?

Hello has anyone noticed that the widgets in this release are not showing quick in any launcher ? I don't know if it's my phone but it does that in every launcher

Reactions: kephasa
Status
Not open for further replies.