MIUI 12.1 20.7.30

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. To the devs, any chance to bring back the Gmail, Photos, Calendar (Google) and Spotify icons flat style like was on Miui 11? Thanks for the rom.

Hello everyone. To the devs, any chance to bring back the Gmail, Photos, Calendar (Google) and Spotify icons flat style like was on Miui 11? Thanks for the rom.

Try "X Icon Changer" from PlayStore. You can change any icon like you want

Dipper (Mi8) Rom is missing in Sourceforge download page and it is missing in delayed devices list. Why?

*EDIT* - Saw the post before mine so I downloaded manually.
I cannot download the OTA on my MI8. It keeps saying that all mirrors are down. Have been trying since Friday. Any ideas?
Thanks

Hey guys, this post is to make you think before complaining, I often read about "high ram usage" which is quite nonsense keeping in mind, free ram = useless / wasted ram!

In modern OS, highly occupied ram = good ram, makes the system fluid, no long load cycles et cetera, so I would rather complain, why do I have around 4 gig out of 8 free ram all the time and why do my apps get killed in the background?

It's more about ram management as about total free... be happy your ram is used and addressed by the OS, not vice versa!

Anyone else with +6 GB devices and lots of free / wasted ram?

This should be fixed, otherwise stick with 4 GB....

I know, xiaomis fault not EU.

So, please stop complaining about ram in use, it's supposed to be used!

Oh and by the way, what you see is not real anyways, check within terminal:

52f302face94f128d4758107a8cae6ef.jpg

So, it's occupied as it should be, this renders the post useless..damn , however maybe it's good for some education then.

PS: I hope the Explorer gets some love this week.

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wasn't able to install 20.7.30 on my Mi8. I have fileencryption enabled and keep copying over the fstab.qcom file with the correct settings for the userdata partition to /vendor/etc after flashing. Never had any problems with this since ages. 20.7.30 stays on the MiUI logo for 20 minutes and doesn't boot. Went back to 20.7.23 and all is working fine. Boots within < 2 min. Does anybody have an idea what's going on here? Will take a look into the logs once I have my Mac around to conveniently do so.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

I wasn't able to install 20.7.30 on my Mi8. I have fileencryption enabled and keep copying over the fstab.qcom file with the correct settings for the userdata partition to /vendor/etc after flashing. Never had any problems with this since ages. 20.7.30 stays on the MiUI logo for 20 minutes and doesn't boot. Went back to 20.7.23 and all is working fine. Boots within < 2 min. Does anybody have an idea what's going on here? Will take a look into the logs once I have my Mac around to conveniently do so.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

Do you have installed magisk ? Then read my thread…

Hello guys. I've a mi9 lite. I tryed to install (after a lot of troubles) mi 12 weekly 20.7.16, but I can't install next roms. On twrp always error 7. I've installed last twrp for mi9 lite (3.4.0.0). Someone can help me?

Hello guys. I've a mi9 lite. I tryed to install (after a lot of troubles) mi 12 weekly 20.7.16, but I can't install next roms. On twrp always error 7. I've installed last twrp for mi9 lite (3.4.0.0). Someone can help me?

At the beginning of the updater-script it checks the correct phone model for the selected rom. Error 7 means that it does not match. Do you have the correct rom version for your phone and the file is not corrupted?

In other case you have to install a newer twrp version, but that you already did

Last edited:
Hello,

Please help me install this. I tried to install xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20ProMI9TPro_20.7.30_v12-10.zip but after flashing it goes to miui bootlogo several minutes and comes back to twrp:

• Device: Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro
  • ROM prior xiaomi.eu install: MIUI V12.0.1.0.QFKEUXM
  • TWRP version (latest): twrp-3.4.0-1-raphael.img
  • Device was encrypted
  • Screen was replaced by an OEM one.

My steps

First I did it the way mentioned in OP:

I cleared pincode. Fingerprint was not registered

I erased miui account and google account

Installed twrp and magisk (otherwise twrp wouldn't stick)

Reboot to twrp

• FORMAT /data partition (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)
  • Copy our ROM to the internal storage
  • Install our ROM
  • Reboot
  • done
But it's not done. After staying on MIUI logo several minutes it goes back to twrp.

Ok then I follow this guy's tutorial
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So same thing but I wiped dalvik, cache, system, data, vendor
And I installed the rom
And I formatted data.
Reboot
same thing, MIUI logo several minutes and it goes back to twrp.

Is this problem because of my replaced screen which is not fully compatible with vendor files? My device works on 11.06 but fingerprint reader doesn't work on MIUI 12. This problem is also described here, I'm not the only one. https://forum.xda-developers.com/k20-pro/help/miui-12-fingerprint-unlock-defective-t4122135

If that's the case. I'll abandon to install Xiaomi.eu, maybe Xiaomi will release updated vendor files someday that will be compatible with my replaced screen
try this if dindt worked yet:
  • FORMAT /data partition (NEVER wipe System or Persist!)
  • reboot into recovery(reboot to recovery - not to system or other option)
  • Copy our ROM to the internal storage
  • Install our ROM
  • Reboot
  • done

Reactions: Poney70
At the beginning of the updater-script it checks the correct phone model for the selected rom. Error 7 means that it does not match. Do you have the correct rom version for your phone and the file is not corrupted?

In other case you have to install a newer twrp version, but that you already did
Thank you. Error 7 doesn't come at the beginning but only after it extracs system and try to install it. Is Error 1001 (then it says also Error 7). I've a mi9 lite and I've downloaded the right rom. I tryed all. I don't know what it can be. At the beginning I installed rom only using old twrp (the new one always error 7), but I was able to upgrade only one time the weekly; later damned error 7. Someone elses with this problem?

Thank you. Error 7 doesn't come at the beginning but only after it extracs system and try to install it. Is Error 1001 (then it says also Error 7). I've a mi9 lite and I've downloaded the right rom. I tryed all. I don't know what it can be. At the beginning I installed rom only using old twrp (the new one always error 7), but I was able to upgrade only one time the weekly; later damned error 7. Someone elses with this problem?

Hi can you paste the log? And in most of the roms there is a new twrp. So if it is working with the old twrp, install the old twrp and then the rom.

You can delete the new twrp in the rom zip file and it will not be installed. So you dont have to install the old twrp any more. Because it will not be overwritten.

Reactions: Alkaja
Hi all. Thank you very much to the developers for this great effort.

Can I install my 8 se on the miui 11 based rom? or should i install everything from 0?

Thank you all,
Regards.

Hi all. Thank you very much to the developers for this great effort.

Can I install my 8 se on the miui 11 based rom? or should i install everything from 0?

Thank you all,
Regards.
what do you mind by " the miui 11 based rom'?

Nothing matters, I can delete everything. I just want to know if I can upgrade from version 11

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk
If it is EU rom and not stock rom, you can do it.
In case of reboot to twrp format data.

Status
Not open for further replies.