MIUI 12.1 20.7.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,

rom is very good! thanks for developing,

i am using Redmi note 8 and i have a question,

how do i turn clock alarm off when it is ringing? i am full screen mode (with no buttons) and i have to reboot phone in order to shut the alarm off.

Thanks.

This is the result I get after applying several changes I got from the web, to fix the no-deep-sleep issue.

Basically, this was what I did was:
1. Reset network settings (Settings - Connection & sharing - Reset WLAN, mobile... - Reset settings)
2. Cleared Google Play Services data and updates (Settings - Apps - Manage apps - Google Play services - Uninstall updates & Clear data)

After a reboot, I charged my phone to full last night.

At around 4 am, Whatsapp woke the phone and kept it awake, so I put battery saver for Whatsapp to "Restrict background apps". The phone went back to deep sleep.

Might or might not work for you but it is worth a try.

View attachment 30912 View attachment 30913
You'll notice after some time that it's just temporary solution. I clean flashed 20.7.9 and without any downloaded apps after couple of hours it just can't enter deep sleep and stays awake all the time.
I flashed 20.7.2 and everything is fine on it so I'm staying on that version until deep sleep is fixed.

Reactions: leobahlis
You'll notice after some time that it's just temporary solution. I clean flashed 20.7.9 and without any downloaded apps after couple of hours it just can't enter deep sleep and stays awake all the time.
I flashed 20.7.2 and everything is fine on it so I'm staying on that version until deep sleep is fixed.
i did the same, but here unfurtenatelly i am having now troubles with security app (miui)

almost no deepsleep on mi 9 se, phone/launcher lags horrbile when unlocking screen each time

minimum brightness at home like in any stock rom crap, sry(

This is the result I get after applying several changes I got from the web, to fix the no-deep-sleep issue.

Basically, this was what I did was:
1. Reset network settings (Settings - Connection & sharing - Reset WLAN, mobile... - Reset settings)
2. Cleared Google Play Services data and updates (Settings - Apps - Manage apps - Google Play services - Uninstall updates & Clear data)

After a reboot, I charged my phone to full last night.

At around 4 am, Whatsapp woke the phone and kept it awake, so I put battery saver for Whatsapp to "Restrict background apps". The phone went back to deep sleep.

Might or might not work for you but it is worth a try.

View attachment 30912 View attachment 30913

it seems this procedure works. Let's see if it's only temporary.

Reactions: Yannick97121
The Darkmode has Bugs. For example the HP Smart App. The Littlte Picture from my Printer has inverted Colors. And in Snapchat in the Settings i cant read the Settings. Most of all is White. White Words on White Background.
I use the Redmi Note 8.
View attachment 30909View attachment 30910
You can modify certain apps to not have Dark Mode. It's not a ROM's bug, its a MIUI 12 feature to force Dark Mode in all apps

Do you think I can dirty flash from 20.7.9 to 20.7.2 or will I end up in bootloop because of security patch?

Do you think I can dirty flash from 20.7.9 to 20.7.2 or will I end up in bootloop because of security patch?
i did this dirty flash, but now have some errors in security app...
its consuming a lot of battery and sometimes its stop and pop a message saying it

Reactions: Putti
Last edited:
Reactions: Putti and REDMI_GT
MI8Lite the rom is very fast, very stable.
bugs that I consider to put here.
1 copy option, everytime what I need the copy this option locks the screen, I cant copy the text selection, the system shows the options but i cant tap to speciefied space. And I have to minimize and maximize a lot of times to get the option working.
2 the private mode in chrome just stop to charge the page, and I need to close and open again the chrome. the mi browser havent this issue.
3 sometime I have lags to minimize and maximize the apks, the system apks are that have more lag.

tks.

Hopefully, next update fixes deep sleep problem
Mi9se

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-15-19-44-19-728_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-07-15-19-44-19-728_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 251
  • Screenshot_2020-07-15-19-46-31-824_com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-07-15-19-46-31-824_com.gsamlabs.bbm.pro.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 232
Do you plan to support Mi 10 Lite 5g codename: monet? Should I wait for it?
It's a Global device only and there are no Global Beta releases by Xiaomi.

So it will not have weekly ROMs by xiaomi.eu devs. ;)

Go to MIUI 11 Stable thread, you will find in download links "V11.0.4.0.QJIMIXM" ROM by xiaomi.eu for your device. :)

I dirty flashed it and I don't notice any issues. Mi 9T Pro have same July security patch both on 20.7.2 and 20.7.9. Also have in mind that I clean flashed 20.7.9 just a day before dirty flashing 20.7.2 over it so system was pretty clean and maybe that's the reason I don't have any issues.

Reactions: Putti
hi all,

rom is very good! thanks for developing,

i am using Redmi note 8 and i have a question,

how do i turn clock alarm off when it is ringing? i am full screen mode (with no buttons) and i have to reboot phone in order to shut the alarm off.

Thanks.

Swipe down the notifications and you'll see the alarm. Then click OK and it will turn off the alarm.

Reactions: mfpower
anyone know why MIUI (xiaomi) won't let me fully use the substratum themes? Why is this layer so strong? that does not allow to fully apply substratum themes ??

What DOES make a big difference is to switch away from "dark mode" to "light mode". This is totally counter-intuitive, as the "dark mode" is supposed to save energy on OLED screens (e.g. on my raphael), but as a matter of fact, it uses more energy.
Have you tried switching back to dark mode and see what happens?
I've been on dark mode from start, pretty satisfied. I don't have a craze monitoring stats so can't say for sure. I have fkm installed but not root permitted. So, it only says the stats and idle drain is below 2% per hour.
Also, I play games for long and have my device plugged most of the time (like overnight), so, stats probably won't show any real scenario.

End line, battery experience is good and I'm happy with dark mode.

Mi 9T Pro ll Tapatalk

Reactions: REDMI_GT
Status
Not open for further replies.