MIUI 12.1 20.7.9

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the result I get after applying several changes I got from the web, to fix the no-deep-sleep issue.

Basically, this was what I did was:
1. Reset network settings (Settings - Connection & sharing - Reset WLAN, mobile... - Reset settings)
2. Cleared Google Play Services data and updates (Settings - Apps - Manage apps - Google Play services - Uninstall updates & Clear data)

After a reboot, I charged my phone to full last night.

At around 4 am, Whatsapp woke the phone and kept it awake, so I put battery saver for Whatsapp to "Restrict background apps". The phone went back to deep sleep.

Might or might not work for you but it is worth a try.

View attachment 30912 View attachment 30913
Eureka!

What does that mean????
I flashed back to version 20.7.2 and get the following message

There was a problem loading the licenses.

Please look at the pic

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_231457.jpg
    IMG_20200715_231457.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 331
Swipe down the notifications and you'll see the alarm. Then click OK and it will turn off the alarm.

thanks for answer, i just tried that but when i swipe down the notifications panel, it is empty, and i have to reboot phone in order to silence the alarm.

What does that mean????
I flashed back to version 20.7.2 and get the following message

There was a problem loading the licenses.

Please look at the pic
What the hell is this text? Go to TWRP -> Advanced -> File Manager
Browse to /data/system and delete the package_cache folder, then reboot.

After more than 24 hours of normal "deep sleep", my phone starts acting up today. From the stock battery usage stats, Google Play Services uses most of the juice during awake (screen off).

The version of Google Play Services installed is currently 20.24.14 but in apkmirror, there is an update which is 20.24.65. I'll wait for it to be available in PlayStore before updating.

Constantly checking deep sleep status is tiresome, so I'll just have to make peace with it and move on.

constantly checking deep sleep status is tiresome, so I'll just have to make peace with it and move on.
that's the attitude... For those who want everything flawless and have no patience to wait for fixes there's always the stable versions, I personally like to think we are paving the way for a better build for everyone later on, so I just enjoy all the goodies MIUI 12 has to offer. The drainage is not fun but I make it through the day just fine so it has not bother me that much anyways.
Slds,

Last edited:
Reactions: ridzalm
that's the attitude... For those who wants everything flawless and have no patience to wait for fixes there's always the stable versions, I personally like to think we are paving the way for a better build for everyone later on, so I just enjoy all the goodies MIUI 12 has to offer. The drainage is not fun but I make through the day just fine so it has not bother me that much anyways.
Slds,
Pretty much everything else in this ROM is working just fine and excellent! Honestly,

I was cursing to myself. I have Xiaomi's quick chargers at home, work and in the car! Why the f**k am I getting worried about this issue if I can just plug it in if the battery goes down! THAT IS WHY YOU BOUGHT THE F**KING QUICK CHARGERS YOU MORON!!! (me to myself)

This is beta ROM and it is supposed to have bugs! If it has no bugs, it should be in the stable release. But that's just me. Others might have different opinions.

Reactions: frason and REDMI_GT
Pretty much everything else in this ROM is working just fine and excellent! Honestly,

I was cursing to myself. I have Xiaomi's quick chargers at home, work and in the car! Why the f**k am I getting worried about this issue if I can just plug it in if the battery goes down! THAT IS WHY YOU BOUGHT THE F**KING QUICK CHARGERS YOU MORON!!! (me to myself)

This is beta ROM and it is supposed to have bugs! If it has no bugs, it should be in the stable release. But that's just me. Others might have different opinions.
Then you could have just 1000mAh battery and keep the phone plugged in whenever you can. Deep sleep is important and you can't justify your ability to charge your phone in home, car and at work as if deep sleep is not important because a lot of people can charge their phones only at home.
I agree that bugs on beta ROMs are nothing strange and no one here is blaming anyone for it, we just mention it so that devs could notice those bugs and hopefully fix it in next version.
And don't call yourself a moron, that's not good for your self-esteem. :)

Could use some advice, haven't been able to find any solutions on the web so far.

I suppose the Mi 9T (global variant ) with this current miui 12 rom supports carrier aggregation with more then just two single bands at a time?
Because, yesterday i tried to enter diag mode in my phone via CMD using the setprop sys.usb.config.rndis,diag,adb and it just disconnected my phone from my PC's USB port. (Still figuring out if it is a windows or phone problem) + the *#*#13491#*#*/*#*#717717#*#* doesn't do anything in my phone and i have no clue to why it behaves like that

Long story short, my phone is only using bands 800mhz and 1800mhz. Everything else is turned off + when i force use other bands i have no internet and i want...at least to try and change that,

cheers.

Has anyone else following problem? I have 2 xiaomi phones and when I go to mi account to the point devices, there is nothing and it says that session timed out.
I already disconnected from mi account and reconnected, but still the same

I noticed a thing on my mi10. On my last EU avaible.(weekly) if i choose app vault and add news feed, the news came with not my language sources. There are loaded from Microsoft news and It's ok but from another region. There Is a way to change the source?

I hope it gets solved in the next release.
I really don't know why my phone is draining so much better when it's in use.
I've seen people saying they get about 8-10h of active use...

Don't get fooled by what others may write - battery life heavily depends on what you do with your phone, and what apps you have installed and running. It's a big difference whether by "active use" you mean reading an ebook in flight mode and no background app running, or playing a first-person shooter game online with facebook and other stuff running in the background. It easily makes a difference of a factor of three (so, for example 3h versus 9h of "active use").
In fact, you should only compare your OWN battery life from one version to the next, and also then only when your usage pattern is the same.

Lavender device. Charge keeps resetting like the cable is being unplugged and replugged, only solution is to restart the phone.

Try cleaning the USB charging port - it may collect dust and lint over time. If that's not the problem, maybe your phone was exposed to water?

Don't get fooled by what others may write - battery life heavily depends on what you do with your phone, and what apps you have installed and running. It's a big difference whether by "active use" you mean reading an ebook in flight mode and no background app running, or playing a first-person shooter game online with facebook and other stuff running in the background. It easily makes a difference of a factor of three (so, for example 3h versus 9h of "active use").
In fact, you should only compare your OWN battery life from one version to the next, and also then only when your usage pattern is the same.
Yes! I completely agree with you. My analysis considered all of these.
What is bothering me is that I don't play games and don't watch movies or anything that drains so much battery...
I've lost 10% of battery over night.. and if I use Tapatalk or WhatsApp for 30 minutes, for example, I loose about 10-15%...
I only have my mi9 for 8 months. Take a look at these pictures... Whenever I use my device, the battery curve gets pretty vertical.
Do you think it's normal?
Can you tell me if a can restore backups from xiaomis cloud after a clean install?
fb3ceca04df47f9b9c403aea12b2beae.jpg
0a1d148b166905ab4d7cb2b4c8266c67.jpg
f3492b34d280d20ef5c3c266c1d972c4.jpg

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Yes! I completely agree with you. My analysis considered all of these.
What is bothering me is that I don't play games and don't watch movies or anything that drains so much battery...
I've lost 10% of battery over night.. and if I use Tapatalk or WhatsApp for 30 minutes, for example, I loose about 10-15%...
I only have my mi9 for 8 months. Take a look at these pictures... Whenever I use my device, the battery curve gets pretty vertical.
Do you think it's normal?

It doesn't look normal to me.
What you can try is switching the phone to flight mode over night and see how the battery reacts. It shouldn't be going down a lot (on my Raphael, it's around 2% drop over night). If that's what you get, you can exclude background apps as the main problem. If you still get a steep drop, try switching off the wireless technologies one by one (Bluetooth, mobile network, Wifi). It's possible that you have some app or service that disconnects and reconnects to a weak network all the time, and sucks your battery dry.

Can you tell me if a can restore backups from xiaomis cloud after a clean install?

you can, but the question is whether this is a good idea. You may just restore the problem!

fb3ceca04df47f9b9c403aea12b2beae.jpg
0a1d148b166905ab4d7cb2b4c8266c67.jpg
f3492b34d280d20ef5c3c266c1d972c4.jpg

what I see in these screenshots are apps that have a built-in backup or sync function. Try switching those off! If they are uploading stuff all the time, it costs a lot of battery, too.

It doesn't look normal to me.
What you can try is switching the phone to flight mode over night and see how the battery reacts. It shouldn't be going down a lot (on my Raphael, it's around 2% drop over night). If that's what you get, you can exclude background apps as the main problem. If you still get a steep drop, try switching off the wireless technologies one by one (Bluetooth, mobile network, Wifi). It's possible that you have some app or service that disconnects and reconnects to a weak network all the time, and sucks your battery dry.

you can, but the question is whether this is a good idea. You may just restore the problem!

what I see in these screenshots are apps that have a built-in backup or sync function. Try switching those off! If they are uploading stuff all the time, it costs a lot of battery, too.
Thanks so much for your help! I'll try everything!
What is really bothering me is the drain while I use the phone...
When I install the next release, I'll no restore my settings backup!
Once again, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.