MIUI 12.1 20.8.6/7

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE"MeiGuddet, post: 556186, miembro: 143915"]
El que tiene el nombre en clave que se ajusta a su dispositivo.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE"MeiGuddet, post: 556186, miembro: 143915"]
El que tiene el nombre en clave que se ajusta a su dispositivo.
[/QUOTE]
Simplemente no existe. Por eso te lo pregunto.

Allright,.

So, after using flashing to 20.8.6. yesterday I did notice another change which is happening each week, and it differs.

The thing is about the Baseband version which changes with each update (Sure, it makes sense), but...
It has id advantages as well as disadvantages...

RoM Version 20.07.16.
- Baseband version 4.3.c5-00052-0716_0056_db0dc79

Everything regarding LTE signal and carrier aggregation works just perfectly. 3CA works and shows up in signal guru. The phone as a whole has a more stable network signal and so on.

RoM version 20.8.6:
- Baseband version 4.3.c5-00052-0806_0056_cf27879

All the things mentioned above are upside down. Carrier aggregation is present, but limited to "only" 2CA, basically handicapped. LTE signal strenght and with that all speeds are affected as well.

And since ROM development is out of my league, is it possible to have one continuous baseband version which works as intended 3CA, and so forth and so on.
And if not, is there a way to individually do it my self without any chances of getting the phone bricked?

Cheers,
Orange.

A member on the XDA forums has written a script that automatically generates a firmware flashable zip whenever a new rom is released (stable and beta).

I have a Mi Note 10, but the same dev has also created a thread for the Mi 9t

I've done a quick search, and the dev, Yshalsager, has created similar threads (on https://forum.xda-developers.com) for many other Xiaomi devices, providing a great choice of flashable firmware.

He deserves a lot of credit , please all remember to press the thanks button on the xda thread if this is useful ;)

When mi9se get widevine l1, on global Rom he is present

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

If you have chinese variant or it didn't have l1 before, or if you've flashed persist partition and broke l1 previously, it won't change from l3 to l1.

WiFi networks deleted
Mi 9T Pro
After updating to this build, all my saved wifi networks habe been deleted. Thias already happpened after some updates in the past, but how comes and why?

All saved wifi networks are present for me.

Mi 9T Pro ll Tapatalk

Reactions: Poney70
If you have chinese variant or it didn't have l1 before, or if you've flashed persist partition and broke l1 previously, it won't change from l3 to l1.

All saved wifi networks are present for me.

Mi 9T Pro ll Tapatalk
I have global variant, If this is the second option, how can I fix it?

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

If anyone is interested in testing different firmware, I've discovered a site created by Yshalsager which has all the available firmware for ALL Xiaomi devices (!)

(addendum to my post above)

Just checking, is Mi Mix 2S (Polaris) no longer supported?

Thanks.

As the version cannot be successfully compiled into the package for the time being, the release of Mi MIX2S and Mi 8 EE are suspended;

1 month is suspended in China

Reactions: (^.^)
If anyone is interested in testing different firmware, I've discovered a site created by Yshalsager which has all the available firmware for ALL Xiaomi devices (!)

(addendum to my post above)
don't spend your time doing ads here. Not interested!

Reactions: Mario1944
don't spend your time doing ads here. Not interested!

Why do you think I'm advertising? I would expect an archive of firmware would be of interest to many people on this forum.

I have no connection to either the dev yshalsager, or his site. I spend my time pretty equally between this forum, and XDA. I've learned that the sharing of knowledge is a positive way for the whole community to advance.

THIS is the weekly rom main topic.
Not a place for chating!

I absolutely agree. But I was not idly chatting, I was replying with relevant information to a user of this weekly rom who had an issue with the firmware.

Can either of you two confirm that flashing correct above mentioned firmware solve the relative issue?
What I mentioned in the post before is a REAL thing happening with each weekly update, at least for this/my device.

I know that going with "unofficial" ROMs has its perks as well as not, that's why i'm kindly asking for any kind of insight into it.
If flashing the firmware does solve the problem, nice..thank you very much indeed, if not...well, that's why we are here.

Cheers,
Orange.

I can't find the Updater (OTA) app on my Mi9 since I upgraded to MIUI 12.1.
Am I missing something?

Can either of you two confirm that flashing correct above mentioned firmware solve the relative issue?
What I mentioned in the post before is a REAL thing happening with each weekly update, at least for this/my device.

I know that going with "unofficial" ROMs has its perks as well as not, that's why i'm kindly asking for any kind of insight into it.
If flashing the firmware does solve the problem, nice..thank you very much indeed, if not...well, that's why we are here.

Cheers,
Orange.

Sorry, I can't answer that -- I haven't flashed different firmware as I don't have any problems on this rom with Mi Note 10.

Have switched firmware on my old OnePlus, and it's very quick to test with these TWRP flashable zips. And equally easy to revert to the current firmware.

Cheers,
Orange.
Your post is going to be buried here.
I suggest you to open a dedicated topic or to report it as a bug iin the bug section.
Thanks for understanding.

Allright,.

So, after using flashing to 20.8.6. yesterday I did notice another change which is happening each week, and it differs.

The thing is about the Baseband version which changes with each update (Sure, it makes sense), but...
It has id advantages as well as disadvantages...

RoM Version 20.07.16.
- Baseband version 4.3.c5-00052-0716_0056_db0dc79

Everything regarding LTE signal and carrier aggregation works just perfectly. 3CA works and shows up in signal guru. The phone as a whole has a more stable network signal and so on.

RoM version 20.8.6:
- Baseband version 4.3.c5-00052-0806_0056_cf27879

All the things mentioned above are upside down. Carrier aggregation is present, but limited to "only" 2CA, basically handicapped. LTE signal strenght and with that all speeds are affected as well.

And since ROM development is out of my league, is it possible to have one continuous baseband version which works as intended 3CA, and so forth and so on.
And if not, is there a way to individually do it my self without any chances of getting the phone bricked?

Cheers,
Orange.
You can try flashing modem.img (also called NON-HLOS.bin on most devices) from 20.7.16 manually with TWRP, if it solves your issue. We have no control over the modem.

Twitter, facebook, keyboard font is bold or too light instead normal

Xiaomi MI 8.default font

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.