MIUI 12.1 20.8.6/7

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright,.

So, after using flashing to 20.8.6. yesterday I did notice another change which is happening each week, and it differs.

The thing is about the Baseband version which changes with each update (Sure, it makes sense), but...
It has id advantages as well as disadvantages...

RoM Version 20.07.16.
- Baseband version 4.3.c5-00052-0716_0056_db0dc79

Everything regarding LTE signal and carrier aggregation works just perfectly. 3CA works and shows up in signal guru. The phone as a whole has a more stable network signal and so on.

RoM version 20.8.6:
- Baseband version 4.3.c5-00052-0806_0056_cf27879

All the things mentioned above are upside down. Carrier aggregation is present, but limited to "only" 2CA, basically handicapped. LTE signal strenght and with that all speeds are affected as well.

And since ROM development is out of my league, is it possible to have one continuous baseband version which works as intended 3CA, and so forth and so on.
And if not, is there a way to individually do it my self without any chances of getting the phone bricked?

Cheers,
Orange.

Thank a lot for this information, because i don't understand why since the last 2 version of Xiaomi.eu my network don't work as usally, and it's very annoying

You can try flashing modem.img (also called NON-HLOS.bin on most devices) from 20.7.16 manually with TWRP, if it solves your issue. We have no control over the modem.
All right.
Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

I'm on xiaomi.eu MIUI 11.2, to upgrade to MIUI 12 do I have to give a Full wipe?

I'm on xiaomi.eu MIUI 11.2, to upgrade to MIUI 12 do I have to give a Full wipe?

You can try a dirty install. Install the ne rom over the old one in twrp. In some cases you have to format data if its failed.

Last edited:
The device locks on the lock screen while using Bluetooth and sometimes without using it too. Mi9 lite

All right.
Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
Would you, please, mind to feedback your test results with the best Baseband you found.
I also have a MI9T and will be traveling "soon" in Europe.
Thanks for pointing out that Chinese makes Baseband modification they want for their country on their DEV weekly rom.
EDIT: Why not to extract the global rom baseband in order to compare?

Reactions: Kudoconan
Is there a way to configure full screen caller id when incoming call?
I remember we can do that in the past but not now. btw, I always sync contacts with Google.

No, just dirty flash and clear cache/dalvik.

I dirty flashed from miui 11 stable to miui 12 dev rom on my Violet, the only problem I got was app Zoom had problem with lossing microphone after a few minutes, but a simple reinstall fixed that.

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone experience video is not playing on Gallery ? I'm using Redmi Note 7 (lavender)

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

The second menu item refers to the vibration. It will be a translation problem because that specific item is not there.

I think he was talking about root/magisk. Not the menu. But everybody replied and so the original answer was gone.

Camera app crashes and it cannot be started on mi note10.
can launch the 3rd party camera app.

My fullscreen gesture to go to the home screen (the swipe from bottom to top) stopped working. For the rest it all works fine.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Redmi K30 Pro

Edit: Problem was caused by CPL launcher. Uninstalled it, rebooted and works like a charm now.

Last edited:
Would you, please, mind to feedback your test results with the best Baseband you found.
I also have a MI9T and will be traveling "soon" in Europe.
Thanks for pointing out that Chinese makes Baseband modification they want for their country on their DEV weekly rom.
EDIT: Why not to extract the global rom baseband in order to compare?

Well, as I mentioned before. It's not like I have a sense for those kind of software shenanigans.
If it's just extracting the NON-HLOS.bin file from the ROM Zip, putting it into my devices main storage area and then just normally flashing with TWRP as any other files, then ok yes...I can do that and provide feedback.

But if it requires more finesse, then some guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Orange.

I update to android 11 on my mi 10 pro, I lost Widevine L1, it drops to level 3.

Edit 1: ok, format all, clean install get L1 back, dirty flash drop widevine to L3

Edit 2: i don't know why, but even with clean flash, now it's back to level 3? And a restart it will get back to L1...

Last edited:
Reactions: marcel112
Phone: Mi9

After flashing this FW I got some strange problem with phone calls. 1st problem is that no one can calls me - every time they got message that my phone is offline or away from cell network. BUT! If I call them and they calls me back - everything is OK, but only for 5-10 minutes. After this time my phone is unreachable again. And 2nd problem is that I have phantom calls. I saw it with my own eyes. I got 2 phones close together (my and my wife). I setting some soft on my wife's phone and my phone starts calling, showing me that my wife calls me! But this phone was in my hands I wasn't even on dialer interface! Ring lasts for 2-3 seconds than ends.

Can someone tells me what happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.